Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Buuuut with her new rad...bad...and tad bit coquettish bod she's prob hands down a mutie
    Maaaay have gotten Vertigo confused with Malice... My b
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    I'm not sure of why this is even a question. Mister Sinister is a mutate and he has a seat at the bloody Quiet Council. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    There's always been a distinction between mutant and mutate in the X-Men comics. Maybe Sinister is the exception but I don't see Lorelei or Amphibius hanging around the Green Lagoon, and Vertigo wasn't one of the legacy Marauders who appeared in Hellions specifically because she's a mutate.
    Sinister did mention he's a mutant with the power to overthrow tyrants and look magnificent while doing it in PoX#4 lol:

But the very next page clears up he has Thunderbird's X-gene:

Either way, other people are allowed to go to Krakoa with authorization, Northstar's husband actually lives there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

There's always been a distinction between mutant and mutate in the X-Men comics. Maybe Sinister is the exception but I don't see Lorelei or Amphibius hanging around the Green Lagoon, and Vertigo wasn't one of the legacy Marauders who appeared in Hellions specifically because she's a mutate.
    apparently she's BOTH. Looking back at that? it does appear that the guy writing her original appearance was using the "artificial Mutants" idea. Later writers may have decided to call it impossible, but... that's then.

Ultimate Member

There was a semi-recent issue that had Vertigo as a joint leader of the Savage Land with Lupa and Whiteout where she mentions having dreams where she's dying over and over. I think the idea that the original Vertigo is still in the Savage Land but plagued by the actions of the cloned Marauders version is pretty cool.
    Ooh, I like this!

Anywho, it's not like she was bitten by a radioactive dizzy person or caught in the blast of a vertigo bomb or whatever, she's a mutate *made by Magneto,* and he's one of the big kahunas, so that's a decent pedigree for a 'mutate' who wants to hang out on Magneto's mutant paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, I like this!

Anywho, it's not like she was bitten by a radioactive dizzy person or caught in the blast of a vertigo bomb or whatever, she's a mutate *made by Magneto,* and he's one of the big kahunas, so that's a decent pedigree for a 'mutate' who wants to hang out on Magneto's mutant paradise.
    Also, Magneto was apparently trying to turn "normies" into Mutants. Is it so weird to think maybe he actually succeeded?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Also, Magneto was apparently trying to turn "normies" into Mutants. Is it so weird to think maybe he actually succeeded?
    So boring that he picked members of the Swamp Tribe, 'tho. The Pterans were right there! We coulda had a whole team of pteradactyl-X-peeps! This is the pteradactyl-peep who controls animals! This is the pteradactyl-peep who makes fools dizzy! This is the pteradactyl-peep with the big brain who knows how to work Magnetos-mutate-making-machine to make more of them!

So boring that he picked members of the Swamp Tribe, 'tho. The Pterans were right there! We coulda had a whole team of pteradactyl-X-peeps! This is the pteradactyl-peep who controls animals! This is the pteradactyl-peep who makes fools dizzy! This is the pteradactyl-peep with the big brain who knows how to work Magnetos-mutate-making-machine to make more of them!
    Pteran Mutate Savage Lander
    Maybe too many adjectives??
    lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Ooh, I like this!
    I went back to look at it, it's from Secret Empire: Underground #1. Lots to unpack from it... like did Sauron clone Vertigo and then make a deal with Sinny? I'm assuming this is the original Vertigo which begs the question... is she on Krakoa or is it one of the clones? The last time we saw one of her clones, she was killed by Chamber with her teammates in the horrible Rosenberg run. If the original is on Krakoa, are her gals Whiteout and Lupa there too? Did they dig out Zaladane's genes and bring her back? And where is our favorite froggy twink? #JusticeForAmphibius

There's enough wiggle room here to not confirm anything. We don't see Vertigo. We know Sabes was planning on the other prisoners not going after his suggestions, and we don't know if he actually believed Vertigo was there anyway.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I went back to look at it, it's from Secret Empire: Underground #1. Lots to unpack from it... like did Sauron clone Vertigo and then make a deal with Sinny? I'm assuming this is the original Vertigo which begs the question... is she on Krakoa or is it one of the clones? The last time we saw one of her clones, she was killed by Chamber with her teammates in the horrible Rosenberg run. If the original is on Krakoa, are her gals Whiteout and Lupa there too? Did they dig out Zaladane's genes and bring her back? And where is our favorite froggy twink? #JusticeForAmphibius

I never knew this happened. That cleared up the cloning question. Sauron cloned her and somehow worked with Sinister I guess.

Funny site does recall parts of her previous deaths.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

It is more likely that Marvel editors didn't realize it. I mean, you have to be pretty asleep at the wheel to even let New Krakoa happen in the first place.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Another easy explanation is that Sabretooth didn't realize that she wasn't a mutant and assumed she would be on Krakoa.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Another easy explanation is that Sabretooth didn't realize that she wasn't a mutant and assumed she would be on Krakoa.
    A decent point. It's not like Sabretooth can smell who is and isn't a mutant, and while he's got a certain level of cunning that is easy to underestimate, he's hardly a brain surgeon.

BANNED

Maybe she’s a natural mutant , who just so happened to also be a mutate too , that’s why she’s different from the other Savage Land mutates

Amazing Member

It is about time she and Prism did return though. Way overdue.