Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Thoughts on the Johnny Depp and Amber Head situation

Looks like everyone is following this story, it is the bad gift that keeps on giving. it has also made people forget the Will Smith Oscar slap.However tv movie fans what are your thoughts.

I have been watching all the court room drama and I view this situation as very simple. It is clear from everything that has been made public, words spoken under oath that this was equally a very abusive relationship.

I am not a huge fan of some of the media online fan narratives that is very anti Head, this people seem to be the same people that are in on the anti sjw movement, the way they are talking about Amber is sexist and they seem perfectly fine ignoring some of Depp's own major shortcomings, substance abuse issues and verbal abuse.

Be that as it may and as already said this relationship felt like it was equally toxic, However I did not think it was 100% fair Johnny Depp should loose his entire career, while Amber head does not get the same fate. I think this is where the anger seem to be coming from with some of the Depp fanbase, though not all since his has many fans who thinks he is an Angel that never did anything wrong....(like, did you read the text message he sent to Paul Bettany about about burning her corpse to make sure she is dead?) Is that any better than Amber Head defecating poo on his bed as a cynical joke. I think both of them are terrible and can not justify any one sided defence.

Hollywood should just cancel both them, Johnny Depp should just not go down alone as he seems to be doing, hence him losing his roles in fantastic beasts and pirates of the Caribbean. he and amber head need to go down together and have both their careers sink. I do now think she should be replaced by another actress for Aquaman 2.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-01-2022 at 05:48 AM.

Fantastic Member

I think it focuses on the predatory behavior of women in Hollywood (that has always existed). However in the past women went after other women and not men and now that the spotlight has been shown on Amber if I'm Evan Rachel Wood I would be very worried right now. Unfortunately Hollywood is only interested in telling stories that focus on a specific politically biases POV. In America we treat sex crimes like they a new religion and it's blasphemy to ever go after these women. The problem is women can have agendas Karen's don't just torment waiters and managers they are also wives and rich people. As a person in North Carolina who lived through the Duke Lacrosse "rape case" people were so PC that they ran the lawyer out of town and the stripper ended up murdering her BF...that for some reason is never covered. I guess it just wasn't a good enough story.

Heard's career seems to be over. There are some reports that her screentime in Aquaman 2 is under ten minutes.

Depp's a bit different. His career collapse was influenced by allegations against him that now appear to be significantly exaggerated, so he has been wronged. He is also pushing sixty, and has a reputation for being difficult to work with (showing to set late, not learning his lines.) But there is a narrative out there now for a comeback story playing someone who is simultaneously troubled and wronged.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I find it ridiculous that Heard still have a defense force with the overwhelming amount of evidence against her.

They both seem to be horrible people, who when together behaved more horribly than with others. I wish they could settle their issues in private and not show up everywhere, not just in tabloids. There are more important things to focus on now, but sadly the nature of celebrity culture has become so toxic, that a trainwreck like this will eat so much attention.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

I've still yet to find out why I should care about any of this despite being bombarded with it constantly, although that might be partly because I live near where the trial is taking place.

The only real tragedy in all this is that it's taking away court time from people with actual legal issues and not 2 grown adults that can't act like it.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I find it ridiculous that Heard still have a defense force with the overwhelming amount of evidence against her.
    Evidence is also against Depp's side he said lots of nasty things about her and acted violently in front of her, though he maintains that he never hit her. However the mistake Amber made was that she was willing to put herself out there as a victim that did nothing wrong and she never thought Deep will fight back, after loosing the UK Libel case with The Sun.

Depp is sure fighting back and in the process, all her skeletons are coming out of the closest. For instance she claimed that she gave her divorce settlement money from Depp to domestic abuse charity but it turns out that she did not really do that.

A person has this theory about the whole thing, Depp knows he is finished and will maybe never work again in hollywood, and all he wants is to drag Amber down with him.

We'll never know the true truth, we weren't there. But it's clear Amber Head is (at best) JUST as violent and apart of the physical violence as Depp... and at worst... she's manipulated #MeToo to destroy his career, working on gender norms and societal stereotypes and is, in-fact, the instigator and perpetrator. Listening to the various audio recordings, how anyone could think she is blameless is beyond me?

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    They both seem to be horrible people, who when together behaved more horribly than with others. I wish they could settle their issues in private and not show up everywhere, not just in tabloids. There are more important things to focus on now, but sadly the nature of celebrity culture has become so toxic, that a trainwreck like this will eat so much attention.
    I see no reason why it needs to be private. The destruction of Depp's career was VERY public. Surely the defense of it deserves the same arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The only real tragedy in all this is that it's taking away court time from people with actual legal issues and not 2 grown adults that can't act like it.
    ... because the court NEVER has to deal with that outside of the celebrity world...
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

For some reason, for me, this is the minor leagues of celebrity scandals. I've been aware it is happening because I'll see the cover of a supermarket tabloid. But I've never paid much attention to it. I've spent more time on it reading this thread than I have in total before this. Maybe, it's just that I've seen so many celebrity scandals in my time and it's just same ol', same ol'.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Is that any better than Amber Head defecating poo on his bed as a cynical joke
    Sad day for Atlantis.

Man, Warner really can't catch a break with their actors lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    ... because the court NEVER has to deal with that outside of the celebrity world...
    And I say the same in regards to those cases. But those cases don't gather national attention and give the idea to others that they can do the same to get their 15 minutes of internet infamy.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    And I say the same in regards to those cases. But those cases don't gather national attention and give the idea to others that they can do the same to get their 15 minutes of internet infamy.
    I'm not sure encouraging more men to stand up and publicly say they are victims of domestic violence is a bad thing??? There are worse things to mimic. The point still stands: the courts time is wasted again and again by cases you and I think are 'less worthy' (very true). But I see no reason to deny a celebrity the same right to such waste as we grant everyone else.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    We'll never know the true truth, we weren't there. But it's clear Amber Head is (at best) JUST as violent and apart of the physical violence as Depp... and at worst... she's manipulated #MeToo to destroy his career, working on gender norms and societal stereotypes and is, in-fact, the instigator and perpetrator. Listening to the various audio recordings, how anyone could think she is blameless is beyond me?
    I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Agreed 100%.

BANNED

Can anyone explain to me the whole situation with the severed finger?
    Is it true that Heard was responsible?
    Plus, there were accusations from various people indicating Heard as a spoiled, diva level brat.

I think that I am living in a world where Russia just walks right into other countries, and "Man Made..." opiates cost folks their lives in the thousands...

(Never mind that the States still does not have a public healthcare option in the year 2022...)

The idea that I ought to waste much in the way a time having "Thoughts..." on a non-issue like this?

Yeah, sure..