Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    You mean like they did Laurence Olivier in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow? Cause Plummer died in 2021.
    It's a joke about how Plummer replaced Kevin Spacey in All the Money in the World, I wouldn't take it too seriously.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's a joke about how Plummer replaced Kevin Spacey in All the Money in the World, I wouldn't take it too seriously.
    FB memes have had Bruce Campbell shown in a red wig. No idea if its true or not but a screen shot from Twitter has someone suggest him and below Campbell replies... "Send me the script..."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There is talk they add the character Dolphin to the film and do some scenes there. And make her the love interest for 3rd film.
    Not recasting her but replacing the character altogether is like leaving the door open for the actress to return at a later date. WB expecting things to cool down by movie #4?

That aside, I'd rather they bring in Aqualad's (Jackson Hyde's) mother so we could at least keep one character around with hydrokinesis.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Drat I already got used to the idea of them using the same technique to put someone in there like Audrey Hepburn.

FB memes have had Bruce Campbell shown in a red wig. No idea if its true or not but a screen shot from Twitter has someone suggest him and below Campbell replies... "Send me the script..."
    Replace her with Johnny Depp in a wig.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Replace her with Johnny Depp in a wig.
    Or Orlando Bloom in a wig. Get a mini PotC reunion out of it.

They should do that as a SNL skit.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Apparently RDJ is offering to have Depp in his next Sherlock Holmes movie.
    Damn, I have been looking forward to that one for years and now I'll probably not watch it.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Damn, I have been looking forward to that one for years and now I'll probably not watch it.
    RDJ’s redemptive arc has taken a shocking heel-turn from the high of Avengers:Endgame with first the crime of Doolittle and now this.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    RDJ’s redemptive arc has taken a shocking heel-turn from the high of Avengers:Endgame with first the crime of Doolittle and now this.
    I'm failing to see the heel act in this.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Even if RDJ wants to- and is possible, since he's friends with Mel Gibson of all people- no studio will allow Depp in major roles. He has another trial coming up for violent behavior, is a known drug and booze addict, and there's more than a decent chance Heard reverts or gets the jury decision annulled on appeal- not to mention she already won against him in the UK. Plus, he just costs too much- his career was on the decline long before Amber accused him.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Even if RDJ wants to- and is possible, since he's friends with Mel Gibson of all people- no studio will allow Depp in major roles. He has another trial coming up for violent behavior, is a known drug and booze addict, and there's more than a decent chance Heard reverts or gets the jury decision annulled on appeal- not to mention she already won against him in the UK. Plus, he just costs too much- his career was on the decline long before Amber accused him.
    If WB can keep Erza Miller employed despite all the wild shit they do then can easily bring Johnny on board for a new Sherlock Holmes. An appeal will likely take years and court system generally reluctant to overturn jury verdicts.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The movies aren't that good and I like Downey. Honestly...this is perfect casting if they let Depp approach it with his way of doing oddball character work. To make a Sherlock Holmes be something else entirely.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ohhh, he'd fit so well in that style. LOVE IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Even if RDJ wants to- and is possible, since he's friends with Mel Gibson of all people- no studio will allow Depp in major roles. He has another trial coming up for violent behavior, is a known drug and booze addict, and there's more than a decent chance Heard reverts or gets the jury decision annulled on appeal- not to mention she already won against him in the UK.
    It's Hollywood. You honestly think they care about that? Come on! HOLLYWOOD! If only people not on pills and drugs and alcohol got cast... most productions would be in trouble.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

The movies aren't that good and I like Downey. Honestly...this is perfect casting if they let Depp approach it with his way of doing oddball character work. To make a Sherlock Holmes be something else entirely.
    Depp's take on Watson would be pretty interesting.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.