Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yes, but which wife was.Depp beating?
    It doesn't matter either way. The UK judge found the publisher credible based on her claims and the US jury found him credible with evidence he provided. It's a win-win for both.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-01-2022 at 12:18 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don’t think Amber Heard has millions of dollars to pay Depp. She’s not that big of an actress.

And the truth is, we don’t know the complete the truth in this situation. Obviously, Heard is a nasty person but that doesn’t exclude the fact that Depp could have been a terrible person too.
    The only people I see willing to drag this out are Gamergaters/MeToo re-litigators. And because Depp deeply fails the "what have you done for me lately" test, for me not being a virulent misogynist, and with the best movie news him getting in the meantime being maybe some dubious Netflix movie, then he can really piss off as far as I'm concerned.

At least Tom Cruise is right now earning 100 million the honest way out of the new Maverick movie, to remind you of what actual star power is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    At least Tom Cruise is right now earning 100 million the honest way out of the new Maverick movie, to remind you of what actual star power is about.
    Tom Cruise may have screwed his life, especially his relationships with his former spouses, but it's not as bad as JOhnny Depp/Amber Heard's relationship.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Tom Cruise may have screwed his life, especially his relationships with his former spouses, but it's not as bad as JOhnny Depp/Amber Heard's relationship.
    Screwed his life sounds really hyperbolic, give or take what he actually thinks about it regarding his personal/romantic life (not being a tabloid keeper myself I don't really give a damn, but since Cruise still looks good enough to throw his torso around in a very late Top Gun sequel with the youngsters I don't feel I should really worry about whatever decisions he's been taking or will take later) but just financially he will Scrooge McDuck his way through Maverick, the next 2 Mission Impossible movies, a potential Top Gun 3, and then I have to wonder if he'll just go on Anthony Hopkins style.

Cruise is more than capable of serious, not action roles. I suspect he will move to more of those as he ages. But these days we see action stars well into their 60s.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Dating Life maybe? But love him or hate him he is still on of the biggest box office draws for summer movies. We can talk about his crazy love life and all that but he has piles and piles of cash to wipe his tears with. And if he wants some female company for a few weeks, well he is rich handsome and charismatic and he wont be hurting for a dinner date. He aint doing as bad as the people who hate on him want to pretend he is.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

He's still a reliable box office draw.

A major difference is that no one hinted that he's taking it easy or compromising on the quality of his work.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets