Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

It’s shitty that if I support Johnny Depp in this situation I’m now on the side of “men’s rights” and Fox News assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I'm not sure encouraging more men to stand up and publicly say they are victims of domestic violence is a bad thing??? There are worse things to mimic. The point still stands: the courts time is wasted again and again by cases you and I think are 'less worthy' (very true). But I see no reason to deny a celebrity the same right to such waste as we grant everyone else.
    Both sides are complete garbage in this situation. Domestic violence is never appropriate no matter how bad the situation is, but if you want a case to encourage men to stand up, this ain't it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I've still yet to find out why I should care about any of this despite being bombarded with it constantly, although that might be partly because I live near where the trial is taking place.

The only real tragedy in all this is that it's taking away court time from people with actual legal issues and not 2 grown adults that can't act like it.
    It's unfortunate that celebs have access to the same legal resources that normies have.

/s
    "Cable was right!"

I've still yet to find out why I should care about any of this despite being bombarded with it constantly, although that might be partly because I live near where the trial is taking place.

The only real tragedy in all this is that it's taking away court time from people with actual legal issues and not 2 grown adults that can't act like it.
    I'd dare to say most court cases are because two (or more) people can't act like adults...

Anyways, a lawyer objecting to an answer to their own question and the attempted "muffin defense"? ::chef's kiss::
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 05-01-2022 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It's unfortunate that celebs have access to the same legal resources that normies have.

/s
    It's fortunate that celebrities can show the world just how easy it is to abuse the court system and push back legitimate cases sometimes over a year while they deal with this type of nonsense.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

It's hard to say, the whole thing unfortunately has been turned into a political issue, because the media chose to back the me to narrative (particularly that ********* judge in England) and throw Johnny under the bus, which opened the door for right wing news outlets to take the other side of the issue.

My guess is that she was probably abusive to him and set him up, but....

he's no saint either. He was probably violent at times whacked out on drugs.

So really a no win situation.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm getting pretty comfortable with the idea of writing them both off as lousy people. I don't think there is a "good guy" here, even though from what I'm gathering (even though I don't want to give this too much attention), Depp sounds like the less bad of the two.

Neither one should be in a relationship though

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm getting pretty comfortable with the idea of writing them both off as lousy people. I don't think there is a "good guy" here, even though from what I'm gathering (even though I don't want to give this too much attention), Depp sounds like the less bad of the two.

Neither one should be in a relationship though
    Exactly.

They are just both nasty people.

Heard has a history of physical violence towards her previous partners. She's a real piece of work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s shitty that if I support Johnny Depp in this situation I’m now on the side of “men’s rights” and Fox News assholes.
    That's the unfortunate thing.

The "men's rights" guys and conservatives have latched onto it to attack feminism, abuse, and the Me Too movement.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Depp deserves a chance to return. Even if Heard is getting 10 minutes in Aquaman 2 , its more than what Depp has gotten. I'd say Depp needs to sign onto a TV series and try to rebound his career that way. He's still capable of great performances as we know. He can recover from this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Depp deserves a chance to return. Even if Heard is getting 10 minutes in Aquaman 2 , its more than what Depp has gotten. I'd say Depp needs to sign onto a TV series and try to rebound his career that way. He's still capable of great performances as we know. He can recover from this.
    Lone Ranger says otherwise...

Astonishing Member

It's fortunate that celebrities can show the world just how easy it is to abuse the court system and push back legitimate cases sometimes over a year while they deal with this type of nonsense.
    There have been bitter court cases between celebrities for decades. The difference here is that years ago this wouldn't have played out before the cameras. There was a report about why Depp allowed it to be turned into the circus it has (He was advised by some not to do it) and it was precisely because he felt he was wronged and wanted it on display.

Look, Depp has issues beyond the drink etc and he probably did take a few swings at Heard (which is inexcusable). But she maintained this narrative that she was the victim in this whole affair and it's coming to light that she was just as vindictive and spiteful herself. Gaslighting isn't okay from anyone in a relationship.

What I do find interesting is how much public sentiment has changed. Especially in our modern cultural landscape with things like the "me too" movement. People usually side with the female in this situation, but I've seen a ton of women come out in favour of Depp with this court case. Something unthinkable 5 years ago.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Lone Ranger says otherwise...
    Of course Black Mass pretty much showed that this is wrong.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Of course Black Mass pretty much showed that this is wrong.
    A blind pig will accidentally trip over an acorn every once in a great while...

That does right around "Nothing..." to change the reality that the pig is still blind.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    A blind pig will accidentally trip over an acorn every once in a great while...

That does right around "Nothing..." to change the reality that the pig is still blind.
    A blind pig likely trips over a great many things, no?