Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

The whole thing feels like a circus on par with the OJ Simpson trial.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    A blind pig will accidentally trip over an acorn every once in a great while...

That does right around "Nothing..." to change the reality that the pig is still blind.
    Pointing at 1 over budgeted film and going ....yep awful actor now is kinda silly. I mean there was worse films Depp did the past decade than Lone Ranger. He's chosen bad films sure like Mordecai (which I'm shocked wasn't named really) , but when he chooses something good like Black Mass he shows he does have talent there.

And all actors choose bad roles and it happens. It doesn't mean Depp doesn't have talent to pull off a good role. Because...he can. Even at near 60.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I see no reason why it needs to be private. The destruction of Depp's career was VERY public. Surely the defense of it deserves the same arena?
    I do have to agree here.

There should be no obligation for anyone to put up with slander.

This does seem to be the only way for Depp to prove that the situation is more complex than major institutions like the ACLU suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    It's hard to say, the whole thing unfortunately has been turned into a political issue, because the media chose to back the me to narrative (particularly that ********* judge in England) and throw Johnny under the bus, which opened the door for right wing news outlets to take the other side of the issue.

My guess is that she was probably abusive to him and set him up, but....

he's no saint either. He was probably violent at times whacked out on drugs.

So really a no win situation.
    If it's a political issue because the media got it wrong, it is worth noting that the media sometimes gets things wrong in the name of narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Depp deserves a chance to return. Even if Heard is getting 10 minutes in Aquaman 2 , its more than what Depp has gotten. I'd say Depp needs to sign onto a TV series and try to rebound his career that way. He's still capable of great performances as we know. He can recover from this.
    I don't think it makes sense to have him on a TV series given his work ethic, and the way people have to shoot around his habit of showing up late/ refusal to rehearse.

It may also require a several year commitment.

Lead in some midbudget film, or a supporting role in something bigger makes sense.

A blind pig will accidentally trip over an acorn every once in a great while...

That does right around "Nothing..." to change the reality that the pig is still blind.
    The comment was that Depp still had good performances in him, so a recent good performance helps that argument and goes against your view that he's incapable of it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't think it makes sense to have him on a TV series given his work ethic, and the way people have to shoot around his habit of showing up late/ refusal to rehearse.

It may also require a several year commitment.

Lead in some midbudget film, or a supporting role in something bigger makes sense.

The comment was that Depp still had good performances in him, so a recent good performance helps that argument and goes against your view that he's incapable of it.
    I'd think Depp would have a mind set of ...I have to PROVE MYSELF now. That he would show up , be in shape and decide to show like Downey he could be counted on. I'll say it.... Law & Order the return series needs to cast Johnny Depp as a detective.

- Its stunt casting for damn sure. It makes people joke , he hasn't been on a TV series since 21 Jump Street and played a cop since.

- It will give the series new attention and life for things. Also if Depp signs on for a year or 2 at best he can put in performances and show , look I'm back. I'm gonna do it and show I'm GAME now. (and who knows...maybe Depp will enjoy it and stick longer. But he can sign on for 1 and 2 seasons possibly).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Agreed 100%.
    Thank-you.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Can anyone explain to me the whole situation with the severed finger?
    Is it true that Heard was responsible?
    From what I gathered (and I could be wrong) she threw a bottle at him, and when it broke, the glass severed his finger tip. Which had to be re-attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    My guess is that she was probably abusive to him and set him up, but....
    There are audio recordings where she admits to being violent to him. It's no longer 'probably' it's a fact she was abusive.

Lone Ranger says otherwise...
    That's like writing off Al Pacino because of his work in House of Gucci (2021)???

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Neither one should be in a relationship though
    I'm not sure they should right off all future relationships. Sometimes people are just toxic with each other, as that person is the one who just pushes their buttons in the worst way. Most of Depp's former partners have testified in his defense, saying he was never violent too them, and barely even raised his voice. What is clear is those two... are just toxic af with each other. Their childhood trauma just mixed in the worst possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Look, Depp has issues beyond the drink etc and he probably did take a few swings at Heard (which is inexcusable). But she maintained this narrative that she was the victim in this whole affair and it's coming to light that she was just as vindictive and spiteful herself. Gaslighting isn't okay from anyone in a relationship.
    Add in the fact she said she'd give the $3.5million to the charity from their divorce, as proof it wasn't about the money, and only gave $300,000... her credibility has taken quite a tumble. I'd be VERY surprised if someone, somewhere at DC hasn't commissioned a cut of Aquaman 2 that completely cuts her from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    What I do find interesting is how much public sentiment has changed. Especially in our modern cultural landscape with things like the "me too" movement. People usually side with the female in this situation, but I've seen a ton of women come out in favour of Depp with this court case. Something unthinkable 5 years ago.
    I think it's for the very reason others have mentioned: people are using this to attack #MeToo; and women are (understandably) angry that Amber Head potentially used/manipulated that cause for... in essence... monetary gain and fame. To distance Head from the #MeToo you have to vocally oppose her, otherwise it'll cause even more harm. This is assuming she looses the case. Which she might not, you never know.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I'd think Depp would have a mind set of ...I have to PROVE MYSELF now. That he would show up , be in shape and decide to show like Downey he could be counted on. I'll say it.... Law & Order the return series needs to cast Johnny Depp as a detective.

- Its stunt casting for damn sure. It makes people joke , he hasn't been on a TV series since 21 Jump Street and played a cop since.

- It will give the series new attention and life for things. Also if Depp signs on for a year or 2 at best he can put in performances and show , look I'm back. I'm gonna do it and show I'm GAME now. (and who knows...maybe Depp will enjoy it and stick longer. But he can sign on for 1 and 2 seasons possibly).
    I think mini-series would work better for him. That way there's no Season 2 commitment.

I could see him as a cool older lawyer on a David E Kelley mini-series, or as the veteran cop in True Detective Season 4.

He could be an interesting Mephisto but I don't know if Disney/ Marvel want the potential hassle.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 05-02-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I see no reason why it needs to be private. The destruction of Depp's career was VERY public. Surely the defense of it deserves the same arena?
    For people who care, but this is taking so much space in news channels, it's almost hard to ignore. Same as with Will Smith at Oscars. Why do people concentrate so much attention to celebrity BS, especially when they seem to be determined to ruin their careers in public, is beyond me.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

The whole thing makes me glad I don't have to live the bubble life that celebrities have to live, to get privacy. I think it messes with their heads so much.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Politely?

This is literally the cat we are talking about.

Between the fact that the dude actively goes after "Clown Shoes..." roles and that he is pretty clearly living on Tulsa time?

Gimme a break with this whole "This cat has all of the bases covered..." nonsense.

Yes , Johnny Depp takes weird roles. Since his career began he's taken off beat roles. I mean this is his career...

Crybaby
    Edward Scissorhands
    Ed Wood
    Sleepy Hollow
    From Hell
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Pirates of ...
    Sweeney Todd
    Dark Shadows
    Black Mass
    Alice in Wonderland

Depp doesn't do safe roles. He has taken chances his whole career on things and at times he's failed and at times he's applauded. But at the end of the day he's still a talented "cat" and can do a role as we saw with Black Mass.

Yes , Johnny Depp takes weird roles. Since his career began he's taken off beat roles. I mean this is his career...

Crybaby
    Edward Scissorhands
    Ed Wood
    Sleepy Hollow
    From Hell
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Pirates of ...
    Sweeney Todd
    Dark Shadows
    Black Mass
    Alice in Wonderland

Depp doesn't do safe roles. He has taken chances his whole career on things and at times he's failed and at times he's applauded. But at the end of the day he's still a talented "cat" and can do a role as we saw with Black Mass.
    Which is going on twenty years ago...

Since then?

- Detective with a theory on who killed Biggie? Check.
    - Jack Sparrow? Check.
    - Donald Trump? Check.
    - Guy Lapointe? Check.
    - Tarrant Hightopp? Check.

While the guy will occasionally take the non-"Clown Shoes..." role?

The facts don't really lie...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    For people who care, but this is taking so much space in news channels, it's almost hard to ignore. Same as with Will Smith at Oscars. Why do people concentrate so much attention to celebrity BS, especially when they seem to be determined to ruin their careers in public, is beyond me.
    Wasn't Head herself a pretty big spoke person for the Metoo movement? Someone like that getting exposed as a abuser is probably one of the reasons it's getting the attention it is.

Some keep harping on Lone Ranger, but from what I understand, Depp's performance was mostly praised, despite other things said about the movie. YMMV, though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Wasn't Head herself a pretty big spoke person for the Metoo movement? Someone like that getting exposed as a abuser is probably one of the reasons it's getting the attention it is.
    If the OP and you guys are gonna talk about someone then get the name right. Her last name is Heard not Head.

Which is going on twenty years ago...

Since then?

- Detective with a theory on who killed Biggie? Check.
    - Jack Sparrow? Check.
    - Donald Trump? Check.
    - Guy Lapointe? Check.
    - Tarrant Hightopp? Check.

While the guy will occasionally take the non-"Clown Shoes..." role?

The facts don't really lie...
    Black Mass came out in 2013. It was 9 years ago.