Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Black Mass came out in 2013. It was 9 years ago.
    September, 2015.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    September, 2015.
    I stand corrected...thought it was 2013. But yeah...7 years ago.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

My feelings are it's none of my business, legal-wise. I thought Mikkelsen Grindelwald looked better than albino Depp. At least none of them are anti-vaxxers, I think that's more despicable and insidious than temporary violence that would put you in jail for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Wasn't Head herself a pretty big spoke person for the Metoo movement? Someone like that getting exposed as a abuser is probably one of the reasons it's getting the attention it is.
    I honestly don't remember, I wasn't really aware of her before Aquaman. But it's a huge movement, she certainly wasn't essential to it.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Looks like everyone is following this story, it is the bad gift that keeps on giving. it has also made people forget the Will Smith Oscar slap.However tv movie fans what are your thoughts.

Be that as it may and as already said this relationship felt like it was equally toxic, However I did not think it was 100% fair Johnny Depp should loose his entire career, while Amber head does not get the same fate. I think this is where the anger seem to be coming from with some of the Depp fanbase, though not all since his has many fans who thinks he is an Angel that never did anything wrong....(like, did you read the text message he sent to Paul Bettany about about burning her corpse to make sure she is dead?) Is that any better than Amber Head defecating poo on his bed as a cynical joke. I think both of them are terrible and can not justify any one sided defence.

Hollywood should just cancel both them, Johnny Depp should just not go down alone as he seems to be doing, hence him losing his roles in fantastic beasts and pirates of the Caribbean. he and amber head need to go down together and have both their careers sink. I do now think she should be replaced by another actress for Aquaman 2.
    It was a toxic marriage and both were equally at fault. However Depp was the only one to suffer consequences for it so it is perfectly within his rights to set the record straight especially since the media was on Heard's side through most of this. I don't think this will do much for Depp's career though. He looks awful and talks like a burnt out druggie. He must have really abused the drugs and alcohol.

Kinda funny though to see how fast the vultures from the liberal inquisition fell on Depp with their BS shiny white armors in order to defend poor, innocent, little Amber Head.

Just to find out that she's just as bad as him.

Maybe here somewhere there is lesson to be learned about actually knowing the facts before going all crazy but...yeah...gotta feed twitter right?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Kinda funny though to see how fast the vultures from the liberal inquisition fell on Depp with their BS shiny white armors in order to defend poor, innocent, little Amber Head.

Just to find out that she's just as bad as him.

Maybe here somewhere there is lesson to be learned about actually knowing the facts before going all crazy but...yeah...gotta feed twitter right?
    Even with all that's been exposed a select few still try to maintain the narrative. A week or two ago the New York post in defense of Heard saying that Johnny has been putting on a performance this entire trial. He ain't that good of an actor lol

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's fortunate that celebrities can show the world just how easy it is to abuse the court system and push back legitimate cases sometimes over a year while they deal with this type of nonsense.
    Do American celebrities have court cases so often that it prevents other citizens from seeking justice?
    What cases got postponed and/or thrown out to accommodate Depp v Heard?
    This is also a legitimate case too so they have access to their country's legal resources.
    "Cable was right!"

Heard notion to get the case dismissed has been denied by the judge.

Fantastic Member

Y'know people have gone to jail and died because of dishonest women in peril stunts Amber did. Also she brought up Johnny's ex...so now the Jury gets to hear from Amber's exes.

Extraordinary Member

I do think they are both equally as toxic, but I do find it kind of disturbing that so many will swear by the guy who's been rich and powerful for three decades just because he was Jack Sparrow. It's like when people side with giant corporations over someone with far less power just because they like a comic book character that that corporation publishes on a regular basis.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I do think they are both equally as toxic, but I do find it kind of disturbing that so many will swear by the guy who's been rich and powerful for three decades just because he was Jack Sparrow. It's like when people side with giant corporations over someone with far less power just because they like a comic book character that that corporation publishes on a regular basis.
    He's not the one who leveraged a movement designed to help sexual assault victims to be spiteful and thought she could get away with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He's not the one who leveraged a movement designed to help sexual assault victims to be spiteful and thought she could get away with it.
    Unless you actually know what happened (which let's face it, no one here actually does) we don't know any sort of particulars like that. All I'm saying is that people seem to be are automatically jumping to the defense of someone just because they're a fan (I'm a big fan of his '90s work, myself). If the court decides in his favor, then good for him. My point will still stand, though. If history has taught us anything, it's that the people most likely to get away with things are the people who have the most money and influence to do so.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Unless you actually know what happened (which let's face it, no one here actually does) we don't know any sort of particulars like that. All I'm saying is that people seem to be are automatically jumping to the defense of someone just because they're a fan (I'm a big fan of his '90s work, myself). If the court decides in his favor, then good for him. My point will still stand, though. If history has taught us anything, it's that the people most likely to get away with things are the people who have the most money and influence to do so.
    That's not at all what's happening. People were actually on Amber's side at first. They've only now come to Johnny's defense because it was shown that Amber lied about the abuse claims. She's not some poor victim of a powerful man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    That's not at all what's happening. People were actually on Amber's side at first. They've only now come to Johnny's defense because it was shown that Amber lied about the abuse claims. She's not some poor victim of a powerful man.
    Like I said, I haven't really been given keeping up with the trial as much as some, but has the court actually made the verdict that she lied? Isn't that the whole point of this case? Sure, a number of posters on the Internet have been convinced that she lied, but that's not the same the same as actually been proven that she lied.

I have no stake as to who comes out on top here. But it's clear that many (maybe not you) are leading with their fandom here. And I find that highly disturbing.