Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Looking at her twitter post Heard remains delusional

https://twitter.com/realamberheard/s...83776741842945

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'd hardly call the odds against him. He was very clearly portrayed as the victim the entire time.
    It must be dependent upon where you go.

In the media, I never saw an article take his side. Most things I read were 100% pro-Heard and a few were like they're both bad. The only places I saw anyone portray Depp as the victim was on Twitter and in the courtroom and that was due to the evidence.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It must be dependent upon where you go.

In the media, I never saw an article take his side. Most things I read were 100% pro-Heard and a few were like they're both bad. The only places I saw anyone portray Depp as the victim was on Twitter and in the courtroom and that was due to the evidence.

Beyond the media deal , its hard to prove defamation as some legal folks brought up. That last article I posted had some believe he'd get a draw at best with it . But its true ...as this trial began a NY Post article had them ripping Depp for this. Claiming he was acting on the stand and more.

A lot even now after a couple years refuse to believe Depp. The taint of the media has really made some even with evidence in this trial refuse to admit Depp was abused at times.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Congrats to Depp for winning his case. I didn't believe Heard from the start. The guy was married what 3 times and no abuse complaints...like wtf. Hopefully this witch hunt bullshit is coming to an end.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'd hardly call the odds against him. He was very clearly portrayed as the victim the entire time.
    Exactly this. Fandom had already made up it's mind. Even if the trial would have gone the other way that wouldn't've changed it.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Beyond the media deal , its hard to prove defamation as some legal folks brought up. That last article I posted had some believe he'd get a draw at best with it . But its true ...as this trial began a NY Post article had them ripping Depp for this. Claiming he was acting on the stand and more.

A lot even now after a couple years refuse to believe Depp. The taint of the media has really made some even with evidence in this trial refuse to admit Depp was abused at times.
    Depp had a known history of abusive and violent behavior before he and Heard met. There are text messages from his own staff admitting to seeing him hit Heard and even now he's facing another lawsuit from someone else he assaulted. Even the tape people like using as a gotcha, when listened to in full, is her talking about reacting to his abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Congrats to Depp for winning his case. I didn't believe Heard from the start. The guy was married what 3 times and no abuse complaints...like wtf. Hopefully this witch hunt bullshit is coming to an end.
    https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/john...barkin-2992295

There's also that time he trashed a hotel with Kate Moss in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Yeah he trashed a motel. So did he abuse the motel room or what ?

A few women have came to Depp's defense...

Winona Ryder claimed awhile back Heard's team tried to get her to testify against Depp. But she claims he wasn't abusive and backed him. His longest running relationship with children was with Vanessa Paradis and she backed Depp as well. Saying he never was abusive.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah he trashed a motel. So did he abuse the motel room or what ?

A few women have came to Depp's defense...

Winona Ryder claimed awhile back Heard's team tried to get her to testify against Depp. But she claims he wasn't abusive and backed him. His longest running relationship with children was with Vanessa Paradis and she backed Depp as well. Saying he never was abusive.
    Depp not abusing every woman he dated or married doesn't mean he didn't abuse Heard. The article I linked to also has a testimony from an ex-girlfriend who didn't defend him.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah but they all maintain he didn't hit them even Barkin.

Depp not abusing every woman he dated or married doesn't mean he didn't abuse Heard. The article I linked to also has a testimony from an ex-girlfriend who didn't defend him.
    So 2 long relationships that ran 20 years , with no abusive behavior is nothing. Also some more background on Barkin and her actually saying this in the UK Court.

https://www.newsweek.com/why-johnny-...st-him-1707978

In her U.S. deposition highlighted within the 2020 trial, Barkin reportedly said, "Yes, Mr. Depp threw a wine bottle across the room, the hotel room, in one instance, in Las Vegas, while we were shooting Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas."

She confirmed that the bottle did not hit her, and stated that Depp never hit her or assaulted her in any way.
    So basically ...Johnny Depp trashes a motel room and has never been physically abusive with women in 20+ years according to her own statement.

And really if anyone had some anger at losing a long time companion (they never married) would be Vanessa Paradis who had their relationship end once he met Heard. This after having 2 children with her and being there for 13-14 years. So she would be naturally reveal something. Yet she backs him.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Exactly this. Fandom had already made up it's mind. Even if the trial would have gone the other way that wouldn't've changed it.
    I don't watch many of his movies and I'm not a fan but I was convinced by the evidence he presented. I realize too it doesn't really matter if Depp is innocent or not - the wife beater claims and any other negative allegation will stick to him forever and he'll never live it down.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

So do i have this right? Both win-- and both lose! Depp wins and gets money and depp loses and has to pay money but less money and both lose on another part guilty of defamation .

My head hurts.

Court awards Depp more than $10M US over abuse allegations, gives Heard $2M US in counterclaim

A jury sided Wednesday with Johnny Depp in his libel lawsuit against ex-wife Amber Heard, awarding the Pirates of the Caribbean actor more than $10 million US and vindicating his allegations that Heard lied about Depp abusing her before and during their brief marriage.

But in a split decision, the jury also found that Heard was defamed by one of Depp's lawyers, who accused her of creating a detailed hoax that included roughing up their apartment to look worse for police. The jury awarded her $2 million US in damages.

Depp wins libel lawsuit against Heard, but both sides guilty of defamation, jury finds
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...dict-1.6473926

So she has to pay $10m but depp has to give $2m right back again so he is only getting $8m?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    So do i have this right? Both win-- and both lose! Depp wins and gets money and depp loses and has to pay money but less money and both lose on another part guilty of defamation .

My head hurts.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...dict-1.6473926

So she has to pay $10m but depp has to give $2m right back again so he is only getting $8m?
    Its a deduction, not he pays her after she pays him. That's in regards to compensatory damages. Instead of the 10 mil he won, he gets 8 (2mil is the amount Heard won).

As far as punitive damages, Depp won 5 mil, Heard won nothing, but since punitive damages are capped in the state of VA, he'll only see 350k of that. So altogether Heard owes Depp 8,350,000.