Default Deadpool shenanigans: Deadpool replaces Dr.Strange's door

So Deadpool replaces the door of the Sanctum Sanctorum with the Owl House door complete with Hooty . What is Strange's reaction?
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-02-2022 at 03:40 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

He wiggles his fingers at it and changes it back?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So he's not going to even bother talking to Hooty. I guess Hotty is so annoying not even Strange wants to talk to it.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    So he's not going to even bother talking to Hooty. I guess Hotty is so annoying not even Strange wants to talk to it.
    I know nothing about Hooty, but I can say that Strange doesn't give a lot of crap to weird stuff turning up and messing with his stuff. He just tends to deal with it.

I mean, someone changes the door of his magical fortress into something else. What, he's going to leave it that way?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

This is Hooty.

And while weird he's not so bad. He became good friends with Lilith, who is a fairly straight-laced and by the book kind of gal in the second season. So I'm sure Stephen and he would get along... eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    This is Hooty.

And while weird he's not so bad. He became good friends with Lilith, who is a fairly straight-laced and by the book kind of gal in the second season. So I'm sure Stephen and he would get along... eventually.
    Probably. Hooty doesn't seem any more annoying than Bats (though louder - and thanks for the clarifying video!); certainly within Stephen's ability to tolerate.

But Strange would take one look at the change to his door, say 'Someone has done this...', change it back, and then go off in search of whomever did it, on the possibility it was a precursor to an attack. After all, someone managed to bypass the wards on his Sanctum. And any change to his Sanctum might compromise the mystic defenses, so it would need to be repaired/changed back (at the very least, it's someone else's magical creation sitting in the middle of his defenses, as part of them - not really all that trustworthy anymore).

...and Mordo has at least once started an attack on Strange with bizarre, cartoonish manifestations (Dr. Strange, Sorcerer Supreme, the Mordo/Satannish/Mephisto arc, no I am not joking).

That's just the kind of universe and situation in which Strange exists.
    Why are we here?

...this rather begs the question of how Deadpool manages it without being incinerated/blown into chunky salsa (Dr. Strange, Master of the Mystic Arts #80 has a nice little example of what happens to people who just try to mess around with Stephen's front door).
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...this rather begs the question of how Deadpool manages it without being incinerated/blown into chunky salsa (Dr. Strange, Master of the Mystic Arts #80 has a nice little example of what happens to people who just try to mess around with Stephen's front door).
    Magical Start of thread powers I assume.

They are the greatest force in th universe.

Magical Start of thread powers I assume.

They are the greatest force in th universe.
    Point taken. ^_^

I just like to approach these from a standpoint of 'how would this realistically play out in that universe?' and kind of ran into a full stop with 'Deadpool replaces the door of the Sanctum Sanctorum -'. Like, Plot Gods or Shuma Gorath, something like that, I'd be all 'okay, let's continue'. But Deadpool?

Dude starts prying at the hinges then finds himself taking the scenic flight over the West Village before landing in the Hudson River.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Point taken. ^_^

I just like to approach these from a standpoint of 'how would this realistically play out in that universe?' and kind of ran into a full stop with 'Deadpool replaces the door of the Sanctum Sanctorum -'. Like, Plot Gods or Shuma Gorath, something like that, I'd be all 'okay, let's continue'. But Deadpool?

Dude starts prying at the hinges then finds himself taking the scenic flight over the West Village before landing in the Hudson River.
    I imagine that would make him go furious Daffy Duck style and travel the world looking for a way to replace Stephen's door without getting blasted by magic.

It's a four issue mini that leads into the summer event Hooty Wars, which will change the Marvel Universe as we know it forever.

I imagine that would make him go furious Daffy Duck style and travel the world looking for a way to replace Stephen's door without getting blasted by magic.

It's a four issue mini that leads into the summer event Hooty Wars, which will change the Marvel Universe as we know it forever.
    I like your way of thinking.

Goodness, it just got worse. Current Strange is CLEA (leaning very heavily on the fact that she has claimed not only his title and house, but also his name...and she is his wife).

Apparently Clea is in All-Mangled-and-Killed™ mode, to boot. O_o

Wade best hope she doesn't feel at all threatened or, more dangerously, that her husband's memory is being somehow mocked. Or that Wade is trying to distract her from her quest to return Stephen to life. Because she will do absolutely appalling things to him, and he certainly won't find it amusing.

For once, Wong will probably not try to hold her back.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-02-2022 at 07:35 AM.
    Why are we here?

And it's very, very unlikely that Clea will bother talking with Hooty at all, given she's feeling rather...territorial right now.
    Why are we here?