Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Mystery Inc (Crowd-Funded Live Action Scooby Doo Series)

As much as I love Scooby Doo, I could only put up with this for a few minutes. The acting in this is really bad and they're attempt at Shaggy really doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    As much as I love Scooby Doo, I could only put up with this for a few minutes. The acting in this is really bad and they're attempt at Shaggy really doesn't work.
    I thought the actress who played Velma worked, but the rest, we're in agreement, especially about Shaggy.

Meh. I'd rather they actually make this:

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post

Wow this was like the exact opposite of the vid in the OP. That was long and I got fidgety waiting for it to end...this was short and I wanted more. They got the spirit of the mythos down while doing its own thing.

Haha, that was surprisingly good

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Wow this was like the exact opposite of the vid in the OP. That was long and I got fidgety waiting for it to end...this was short and I wanted more. They got the spirit of the mythos down while doing its own thing.
    Well, to be fair it's somewhat easier to make a 3 minutes trailer who looks interesting than to make a solid 53 minutes short film lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well, to be fair it's somewhat easier to make a 3 minutes trailer who looks interesting than to make a solid 53 minutes short film lol.
    I'd prefer a 53 minute short film of Mystery Gang is my point. A 3 minute trailer of Mystery Inc (the vid in the OP) wouldn't have helped, it just would have been less torture.

I mean I wish them luck and all, I just won't be watching it, but if it has its fans and becomes a series, cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think Fred and Velma are the best actors in the pilot, although you have to pretty much acknowledge the guy seems to demonstrate he'd rather be playing anyone but Fred in this

I'd prefer a 53 minute short film of Mystery Gang is my point
    Oh i sure as hell wouldn't mind that too. I actually tried to watch Mystery Inc to the end but damn, that acting really hurts.

Your last sentence pretty much sums it up for me too. I've posted it on a couple other sites and everyone seemed to say the same. Hopefully it gets crowdfunded or something like Bel-Air

Your last sentence pretty much sums it up for me too. I've posted it on a couple other sites and everyone seemed to say the same. Hopefully it gets crowdfunded or something like Bel-Air
    I would be down for a more gritty, more mature take on Scooby Doo similar to what DC did with the reboot comics in like 2016-2017. Like you all said, the guy playing Shaggy in this doesn't really work but it has potential.

Oh I haven't hear any new info about the mature HBO Max Velma series that is being produced by Mindy Kaling. It did get a lot of backlash when it was announced last year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    IOh I haven't hear any new info about the mature HBO Max Velma series that is being produced by Mindy Kaling. It did get a lot of backlash when it was announced last year though.
    From what I've heard it barely has anything to do with Scooby and could have well been an original IP with the amount it's drawing from the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From what I've heard it barely has anything to do with Scooby and could have well been an original IP with the amount it's drawing from the source material.
    From what I heard it was suppose to be an origin story of sorts for just Velma before she met up with the Mystery Inc gang. But I heard the rest of the gang would make cameos or something. The show seems weird with the adult themes it's said to be going for though.

BANNED

if it has its fans and becomes a series, cool.
    Looks like we're getting more, they've reached the target goal to fund episode two

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...ed-episode-2#/