Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Looks like we're getting more, they've reached the target goal to fund episode two

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...ed-episode-2#/
    Bloody hell, they need 100k bucks to make an one hour episode?

Scooby snacks are expensive it seems.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Anytime Scooby Doo appears to emphasize real ghosts, I'm taken out of it.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't see any reason why Scooby Doo can't work with real ghosts, but I can't think of a single instance in which it has.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Scooby Doo on Zombie Island had real monsters and ghosts and it's regarded as one of the best entries in the entire franchise. I do think Scooby Doo could work with real super natural things happening. In fact, I think it's time the series moved away from it always just being bad guys in costumes and whatnot. Plus with it being real ghost, monsters, and super natural elements, Shaggy and Scooby being scared all the time would actually make sense. Cause one thing that bugged me about Scooby and Shaggy is that even after numerous cases and the monster ending up being a guy in a costume, they still acted like it was real. They never learned anything from their many adventures lol.

James Gunn admitted that the third live action Scooby Doo movie (with Matthew Lillard etc) was going to feature real monsters I think.

Cause one thing that bugged me about Scooby and Shaggy is that even after numerous cases and the monster ending up being a guy in a costume, they still acted like it was real. They never learned anything from their many adventures lol.
    Shaggy knows ghosts and monsters are real. He's seen enough of them.

Shaggy once got turned into a werewolf by Count Dracula and then forced to drag race other monsters.
    He also filled in as a teacher at a school for the kids of famous monsters.
    Then there was the whole thing where Vincent Price had him tracking down ghosts.

On top of that, even in early Scooby Doo episodes where they would unmask the monster as just some guy, there would be ghosts, monsters, and magic, but it was usually kept for gags and background details.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    On top of that, even in early Scooby Doo episodes where they would unmask the monster as just some guy, there would be ghosts, monsters, and magic, but it was usually kept for gags and background details.
    Yeah, and I'm all about early Scooby Doo. So I love when the main monsters/ghosts were mere humans, and it was a mystery to unravel the criminal angle/scheme.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-03-2022 at 11:50 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Shaggy knows ghosts and monsters are real. He's seen enough of them.

Shaggy once got turned into a werewolf by Count Dracula and then forced to drag race other monsters.
    He also filled in as a teacher at a school for the kids of famous monsters.
    Then there was the whole thing where Vincent Price had him tracking down ghosts.

I didn't know that about Shaggy. I haven't watched an actual episode of Scooby Doo since I was a kid or pre teen ( I am 34 now). I think the last time I watched anything Scooby Doo related was the second live action movie " Monsters Unleashed" and I read a few issues of the reboot comic book that DC released in like 2016-2017.

Edit I take that back. I did watch the Supernatural Scooby Doo cross over episode. That was pretty funny lol.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 05-04-2022 at 12:13 PM.