Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Elizabeth Olsen would “love to be able to say” NO MORE MUTANTS!

Interesting.

”Yes, I mean, I hope so… I’m excited for all the crossovers in the future. I do think this film opens up lots of opportunities with the Multiverse. But yeah, the immortal words are [“no more mutants”]… I mean… I would love to be able to say them in some capacity to make it work for the MCU. Again, I never know what we’re doing next, so I’m always just kind of like in these interviews, just saying whatever sounds cool to me as well. But yeah, it’s not in anyone’s control besides Kevin Feige.”
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ne-in-the-mcu/
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    "No more elizabeth olsen!" lmao i like to say what feels fun and sounds cool to me too. ^_^

To be clear this is a joke. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    "No more elizabeth olsen!" lmao i like to say what feels fun and sounds cool to me too. ^_^

To be clear this is a joke. lol
    You cutie! 😅

Seriously, though, I wonder if she’s actually read that storyline and genuinely realizes its impact on mutants. She’s receiving some pointed criticism on Twitter.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

You cutie! ��

Seriously, though, I wonder if she’s actually read that storyline and genuinely realizes its impact on mutants. She’s receiving some pointed criticism on Twitter.
    Oh i don't even tweet and i know they "educating" her. Poor thing. I am certain they didn't present her the material that goes behind the saying and what mutants stand for for so many and even in the marvel u given how they are literally treated as second class humans.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I...respect Elizabeth's acknowledgement of Wanda's more problematic aspects .

Tbh this just reads as her reacting to the interviewer. "Would you be interested in this story". "Sure why not".

Not a story

Extraordinary Member

It is an epic and impactful moment in comics history. Of course she would love to bring it to life on the big screen. Same as any of the other big moments they comic movies bring to life. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with any personal feelings on mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It is an epic and impactful moment in comics history. Of course she would love to bring it to life on the big screen. Same as any of the other big moments they comic movies bring to life. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with any personal feelings on mutants.
    This i agree with. Honestly the notion it was personal never really crossed my mind. I love a good play on words though. ^_^
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Oh i don't even tweet and i know they "educating" her. Poor thing. I am certain they didn't present her the material that goes behind the saying and what mutants stand for for so many and even in the marvel u given how they are literally treated as second class humans.
    No one is educating her. It’s just those Marvel fans who only support things that are like the comics. The people who praise cameos as amazing simply because they are comic accurate.

The truth is this “No, more mutants!”

She did not misspeak and she gets way too much criticism from Marvel fans for not being super nerdy into comic books. She knows what she’s doing. This is why she deleted her social media in the first place. The aggression people have when something isn’t perfectly comic accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    No one is educating her. It’s just those Marvel fans who only support things that are like the comics. The people who praise cameos as amazing simply because they are comic accurate.

The truth is this “No, more mutants!”

She did not misspeak and she gets way too much criticism from Marvel fans for not being super nerdy into comic books. She knows what she’s doing. This is why she deleted her social media in the first place. The aggression people have when something isn’t perfectly comic accurate
    That's why i put the words in quotation followed by "poor thing" so believe me, i'm not learning a lesson here.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

You cutie! ��

Folks are critical of other folks on Twitter...

News at 11.

Astonishing Member

Tbh I'm really confused why anyone is skipping ahead to 'no more mutants' before mutants are even a thing in the MCU at all. LOL. Like, we've got a ways to go before a story like that could even be remotely relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh I'm really confused why anyone is skipping ahead to 'no more mutants' before mutants are even a thing in the MCU at all. LOL. Like, we've got a ways to go before a story like that could even be remotely relevant.
    That was actually my first thought. I swear your like my calmer, better spoken spirit animal. lol With a FAR better attention span to boot.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

While i can understand her enthusiam for wanting to speak famous lines from the comics, i would prefer it if she won't get the chance on these particular words simply because of how much damage they have done to both the character of Scarlet Witch and the X-men franchise overall.

Though i could imagine a one movie story about the mutants having been depowered, but with the whole situation resolved by the end. So less Decimination and more the 1999 X-men comic story that only span 2 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    That was actually my first thought. I swear your like my calmer, better spoken spirit animal. lol With a FAR better attention span to boot.
    I commend the two of you for attempting to have a perfectly sensible conversation on this non-topic.