Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    the ability to reset to new watchers.

right now MCU is already faceing what the ultimates did. Try to catch someone who hasn't watched any of them to watch Multiverse of Madness
    Why would they need to reset to new watchers though? Every MCU sequel outside of Age of Ultron has outperformed the previous film. Doctor Strange 2 just opened with $100 million more than the first film- which required pretty much no previous MCU experience, in comparison to the sequel, that relies heavily on Strange's recent appearances, and WandaVision. It could feasibly hit a billion dollars, after Spider-Man: No Way Home came close to $2 billion.

We just had SHang-Chi and Eternals (even Black Widow to a large extent) that are all pretty introductory and don't require much/any previous knowledge.

I could only see them considering a reboot when the movies start being unsuccessful, or. a big drop off. It doesn't seem like we're anywhere near that.

Besides, with Disney Plus now, it's really easy for people to get into it, with everything on one streaming service. Or even just fill in gaps.

Disney wasted Thor & Asgard. Awful characterization and "world-building." Their lazy script writers have now aped the Bendis "deconstruction" formula with many of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Disney wasted Thor & Asgard. Awful characterization and "world-building." Their lazy script writers have now aped the Bendis "deconstruction" formula with many of the characters.
    Asgard should've been on the level of Wakanda or the Shang-Chi land.

Incredible Member

I honestly second the comments about constantly offing villains. At least with Ultron you could bs a way to bring him back.

The lack of Nova annoys me but considering he would’ve been under James Gunns view I’m kinda glad he’s been pushed back so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Asgard should've been on the level of Wakanda or the Shang-Chi land.
    The Shang Chi land was really disappointing and uninteresting

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I honestly second the comments about constantly offing villains. At least with Ultron you could bs a way to bring him back.

The lack of Nova annoys me but considering he would’ve been under James Gunns view I’m kinda glad he’s been pushed back so much.
    I’m ok with villains not returning. It’s honestly one of the status quos that I want to die in the main universe.

Mighty Member

If you are a fan of Hulk, try to compare the 'The Immortal Hulk' run to the MCU Hulk which put to shame honestly. I think Planet Hulk was the time where he show his finest moment before it was thrown out of the windows.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    If you are a fan of Hulk, try to compare the 'The Immortal Hulk' run to the MCU Hulk which put to shame honestly. I think Planet Hulk was the time where he show his finest moment before it was thrown out of the windows.
    Honestly, I never liked the Immortal Hulk. The problem with MCU Hulk to me is that people only ever liked him as a supporting character meaning that he could never really develop his own mythos like other heroes could.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The Shang Chi land was really disappointing and uninteresting
    I felt like it was more unnecessary, but I didn't quite jive with them going all Asian mysticism with Shang-Chi.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I feel like they really de-fanged The Hulk in the MCU.

I also think it was a waste to use perfectly cast actors in productions that weren't great. And a lot of that goes to the problem of the goofiness and lazy humor we've gotten, which is foreign to the best comics.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Definite mixed feelings about this, given how much I dug the most recent Spider-Man movie, but there is something to be said about bringing back actors from older movies that can negate them appearing in new roles in the MCU. Between Maguire, Garfield, and the villains, that's seven actors who conceivably could but likely won't take on new roles in the MCU. Someone like Maguire would be unlikely to do a new role, but actors like Garfield, Foxx, and (especially) Dafoe seemed like they'd be primed to play different characters down the road. Now their return feels a bit thwarted. It's part of the reason why I'm glad certain established characters from other franchises didn't show up in Dr. Strange.

And that's to say nothing about what it means for the villains featured in No Way Home getting MCU counterparts. We're a lot less likely to see reimagined versions of the Goblin, the Lizard, etc. now that we've seen them come in from the previous films series.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I also think it was a waste to use perfectly cast actors in productions that weren't great. And a lot of that goes to the problem of the goofiness and lazy humor we've gotten, which is foreign to the best comics.
    I never understood how the audience laughs at the foolish humor in the movies. The majority of the jokes are just dumb and not in a good way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I never understood how the audience laughs at the foolish humor in the movies. The majority of the jokes are just dumb and not in a good way.
    They think superheroes aren’t meant to be taken seriously anyways, so the movies just play into that.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I thought the first movie did a good job of establishing Asgard. The second one lackluster but not bad. The problem wasn't Asgard it was the focus on the boring human cast and underdeveloped villain. Then they blew it up for the third one. Wish we could get a D+ fleshing out new Asgard.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    They think superheroes aren’t meant to be taken seriously anyways, so the movies just play into that.
    I'm not suggesting they go so serious that it's Man of Steel. The problem is that the people writing and directing the movies and TV shows think it's just delightful to to make fun of how absurd aspects of the fictional universe is. So much so, that it gets tired inordinately fast and shows that said creators think comics as a medium are a joke to make fun of. Cartoon adaption (at least until the past ten years) were able to adapt comics fully and faithfully. And many live action adaptions too. At least far more so than the MCU. But they have the problem of hiring people who are embarrassed of comics. People who think they can make improvements over Lee, Kirby, Ditko etc. Which is just the height of hubris and annoys me to no end. Because they have a responsibility to adapt these great works. And they proceed squander it. While said results realign an understanding of these stories and characters to those who've never read comics. And new comic writers feel like they have to change the canon to match the movieverse. It's a viscous cycle that has, in a bout of irony, helped destroy the medium of comics.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!