Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post MCU Waste Potential

Although MCU has started since 2008 with the release of Iron Man, throught the journey which characters, storylines and its execution are done badly and poorly. For me, the absence of 'Adam Warlock' during the Avengers: Infinity War is blewing the chance for him to take a new spotlight. Still no sight of Richard Rider in the MCU yet.

Mighty Member

Iwan Rheon as Maximus the Mad. Perfect casting, absolutely wasted. Yeah, the Inhumans in general was a missed opportunity. It started as a potential movie, they lost Vin, they turned it into a series, and pushed it out unnecessarily with none of that Disney+ money. They shouldn't have done anything with it all and just waited, but the only thing I really mourn about it is that they wasted Rheon as Maximus.

No death's head in loki. With tva ties it would have been a great time to bring him into the mcu. Hope he shows up in season 2.

Quicksilver mcu was a waste.

Obviously making the characters under-powered.

Would have loved to see some really off the wall stuff like Hulk destroying an entire star or something.

Or Thanos and Odin have a duel that shakes the universe....that sort of stuff.

Or Black Panther defeating Ebony Maw like he did in the comics.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Although MCU has started since 2008 with the release of Iron Man, throught the journey which characters, storylines and its execution are done badly and poorly. For me, the absence of 'Adam Warlock' during the Avengers: Infinity War is blewing the chance for him to take a new spotlight. Still no sight of Richard Rider in the MCU yet.
    the hottest of takes.

Extraordinary Member

I firmly believe there should have been a Nova movie between IW and Endgame. Give us Richard Rider's origin and maybe adapt the Stonemen of Saturn Thor story for Rich. Mid credits scene would be Thanos attacking Xandar and taking the Power Stone and after credits scene would be people getting dusted. Nova shows up at Avengers Compound at the beginning of Endgame and is involved throughout the movie with dozens of Nova Corps troops showing up for the final battle.

This one bothers a lot. I was not familiar with that actor (didn't watch GoT) but he was perfect. Most of the other actors were acceptable to good, so that wasn't the problem, just the behind the scenes battles and cheapened budget.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

the MCU will always be a different critter than our comics.

It is rude, that the FF have not. been able to get into this. But that goes more to Fox/Sony, I guess.

So we just have to accept what happens.

Sadly, at some point, I wonder if there will be a serious remake of the MCU, or particular movies.

Maybe it doesn't analog with the Trek remakes or that?
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I understand the technicalities that prevented it from happening, but it still sticks in my craw that the Silver Surfer was unable to participate in a big screen adaptation of a storyline that originally spun out of his own comics.

I don't think the potential of any character who has yet to appear has been "wasted". There are definitely characters who have appeared that I think have been poorly adapted (Sharon Carter, despite great casting) but anyone that has yet to appear can still be used well. The best characters don't just fit into one story or adaptation.

Ultimate Member

Anson Mount and Serina Swan (Black Bolt and Medusa) also seemed well-cast and good in their respective roles, in addition to Iwan Rheon as Maximus, so there was a whole lot of wasted potential with that fairly dead-in-the-water Inhumans series. (The actors for Gorgon, and especially Crystal and Karnak, did not so much impress me.)

And yeah, I'm still salty about MCU Quicksilver dying to save Hawkeye, and then, a few movies later, Black Widow *also* dies in place of Hawkeye. At this point, I get PTSD whenever I see Hawkeye on screen. "OMG, which immeasurably more interesting character is gonna die to save his boring ass this time!" (The irony being that comic book Hawkeye, with his irreverence and attitude, is one of my favorite Avengers. It's just the MCU one is deadly dull, since MCU Tony Snark drank all his quip-tastic milkshake and left him to play the boring straight man.)

Yes. The other actors were 'okay'. Not as much was required of them so I didn't mind really. Lockjaw and Crystal were adorable as I recall.
    Mount, Swan and Rheon were the better.

I never thought about that Hawkeye connection, interesting. Not a character I have much invested in, but like you, moreso in the comics or at one time. This Hawkeye is rather boring and maybe I'm salty because I would have wanted the comics version of how the original Avengers formed.
    So *no to both Hawk and Widow*.
    ~ Oberon ~

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    the MCU will always be a different critter than our comics.

It is rude, that the FF have not. been able to get into this. But that goes more to Fox/Sony, I guess.

So we just have to accept what happens.

Sadly, at some point, I wonder if there will be a serious remake of the MCU, or particular movies.

Maybe it doesn't analog with the Trek remakes or that?
    Fantastic 4 not appearing is completely related to Fox owning the rights, no guessing about that. There was nothing Marvel could do until they got them back, which they have and now it is in development.

I can't see them rebooting the MCU any time soon. What would be the purpose of that?

Endgame had the perfect chance to introduce the TV heroes to the big screen. As all the portals are opening, just add a couple others: one with team Coulson, another with the Defenders (plus Punisher, Elektra, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing), and another with the Runaways, Cloak & Dagger. Just show them for a moment, and the audience would have gone wild. We're clearly past the "who are those people?" point anyway, nowadays you either check every MCU-related thing ever made, or are out of it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    I can't see them rebooting the MCU any time soon. What would be the purpose of that?
    the ability to reset to new watchers.

right now MCU is already faceing what the ultimates did. Try to catch someone who hasn't watched any of them to watch Multiverse of Madness
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.