Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I'm not suggesting they go so serious that it's Man of Steel. The problem is that the people writing and directing the movies and TV shows think it's just delightful to to make fun of how absurd aspects of the fictional universe is. So much so, that it gets tired inordinately fast and shows that said creators think comics as a medium are a joke to make fun of. Cartoon adaption (at least until the past ten years) were able to adapt comics fully and faithfully. And many live action adaptions too. At least far more so than the MCU. But they have the problem of hiring people who are embarrassed of comics. People who think they can make improvements over Lee, Kirby, Ditko etc. Which is just the height of hubris and annoys me to no end. Because they have a responsibility to adapt these great works. And they proceed squander it. While said results realign an understanding of these stories and characters to those who've never read comics. And new comic writers feel like they have to change the canon to match the movieverse. It's a viscous cycle that has, in a bout of irony, helped destroy the medium of comics.
    Yeah, it's like asking Daredevil and Punisher to go light tone and friendly by asking them not to kill anyone but this isn't sticking to the core characters. The same goes for Kingpin also, he can't remain stay light-toned since it would make him a cartoon character and the not the same role you see in Netlfix adaption instead.

Extraordinary Member

I get that he was there as kind of a red herring for fans...but did anyone else want to see Jack get all hackity-stabbity at some point in the show?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I'm not suggesting they go so serious that it's Man of Steel. The problem is that the people writing and directing the movies and TV shows think it's just delightful to to make fun of how absurd aspects of the fictional universe is. So much so, that it gets tired inordinately fast and shows that said creators think comics as a medium are a joke to make fun of. Cartoon adaption (at least until the past ten years) were able to adapt comics fully and faithfully. And many live action adaptions too. At least far more so than the MCU. But they have the problem of hiring people who are embarrassed of comics. People who think they can make improvements over Lee, Kirby, Ditko etc. Which is just the height of hubris and annoys me to no end. Because they have a responsibility to adapt these great works. And they proceed squander it. While said results realign an understanding of these stories and characters to those who've never read comics. And new comic writers feel like they have to change the canon to match the movieverse. It's a viscous cycle that has, in a bout of irony, helped destroy the medium of comics.
    I sometimes felt that the Netflix shows went out of their way to distance themselves from the fantastical aspects of the comic world. I think Iron Fist suffered the most.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I sometimes felt that the Netflix shows went out of their way to distance themselves from the fantastical aspects of the comic world. I think Iron Fist suffered the most.
    I think they also put way too much soap opera bullshit in them...Just got around to watching season 3 of JJ and halfway thru Hogarth's manipulative bullshit and Malcolm cheating on his hot GF with the average hooker just put me off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think they also put way too much soap opera bullshit in them...Just got around to watching season 3 of JJ and halfway thru Hogarth's manipulative bullshit and Malcolm cheating on his hot GF with the average hooker just put me off.
    But that’s how you make a series mature and serious!

/s

That was terrible lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    But that’s how you make a series mature and serious!

/s
    Ooorrrrr....That's how you pad it to 13 episodes. People keep bringing up 'how many episodes' for a series and 'how long each episode is' but I really don't think that is as important as 'does the number of episodes and the length of each episode tell a great story?'

I would rather have a shorter series that tells a better story than a longer one that is all over the place with bullshit.

Astonishing Member

Ooorrrrr....That's how you pad it to 13 episodes. People keep bringing up 'how many episodes' for a series and 'how long each episode is' but I really don't think that is as important as 'does the number of episodes and the length of each episode tell a great story?'

I would rather have a shorter series that tells a better story than a longer one that is all over the place with bullshit.
    You could tell that I was being sarcastic, right?

Anyways, I think the series would’ve been better if it focused more on its premise than trying to make up a plot. Most comic book series don’t have any semblance of “main plot”, and they’re still good. Why do we need one here?

It’s better than having the series be a glorified movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You could tell that I was being sarcastic, right?

Anyways, I think the series would’ve been better if it focused more on its premise than trying to make up a plot. Most comic book series don’t have any semblance of “main plot”, and they’re still good. Why do we need one here?

It’s better than having the series be a glorified movie.
    Yes....I could tell you were being sarcastic.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I never understood how the audience laughs at the foolish humor in the movies. The majority of the jokes are just dumb and not in a good way.
    Thee is a fine line when it comes to humor. I have no problem with a quip here or a joke there, but it has to fit what going on. One of the main reason I hated Thor Ragnorak so much is the humor was just so out of place. Thor just watched his father die, hundeds of his people slaughtered by Hela, and his home in ruins ..... then he is acting like a fucking clown making jokes with Hulk. It made no god damned sense, but people ate it up for some reason. I can't take a character serious when none of the writers do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Thee is a fine line when it comes to humor. I have no problem with a quip here or a joke there, but it has to fit what going on. One of the main reason I hated Thor Ragnorak so much is the humor was just so out of place. Thor just watched his father die, hundeds of his people slaughtered by Hela, and his home in ruins ..... then he is acting like a fucking clown making jokes with Hulk. It made no god damned sense, but people ate it up for some reason. I can't take a character serious when none of the writers do.
    What got me is Shang-Chi where he's giving his emotional origin story and then...oh here's a joke to break the tension!