Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    at least the fans seem to be digging her on Twitter, wouldn't have been my reaction
    I mean, The Eternals had better story elements and people slammed it as boring, but people have to realize that these are mainstream Hollywood blockbusters, and Multiverse of Madness delivered.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think Wanda needs to be added to my list now. Because geeeeez.
    Add the entirety of MoM to the list I would say. I need to turn off my fan mode for every goddamn character in this movie to make it tolerable.

You guys are unhappy about the MCU's earlier better stuff? Keep in mind that Feige has burned through almost all the good stories and good characters. It's only going to get worse.

Wait until Feige really starts to pull characters and storylines from 2010 to 2020 aka the worst period in Marvel comics history

It's about to get wild.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You guys are unhappy about the MCU's earlier better stuff? Keep in mind that Feige has burned through almost all the good stories and good characters. It's only going to get worse.

Wait until Feige really starts to pull characters and storylines from 2010 to 2020 aka the worst period in Marvel comics history

It's about to get wild.
    Then I guess it's a good thing Disney now owns FF and X-men because those two can supply the MCU with good characters and stories for quite some time. Also new generation of characters (Kamala, Miles, Sam, Riri etc.) may not have the history of older ones but each can be made beloved in public eye as Miles proved with ITSV and PS4/5 game.

Extraordinary Member

It's about to get wild.
    Honestly I would prefer borrowing some neat concept and work out some original stories.
    But I don't have high hopes for MCU's writers, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Then I guess it's a good thing Disney now owns FF and X-men because those two can supply the MCU with good characters and stories for quite some time. Also new generation of characters (Kamala, Miles, Sam, Riri etc.) may not have the history of older ones but each can be made beloved in public eye as Miles proved with ITSV and PS4/5 game.
    Only spending 90 million on an animated movie and going live action is a whole different beast.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Only spending 90 million on an animated movie and going live action is a whole different beast.
    True but before 2008 Iron Man was a non entity for the general public as well. And MCU Iron Man was starkly different personality wise from comics Iron Man before synergy. Also Iron Man is considered to have one of the weakest rogues gallery out of major marvel heroes and one can even say his best storyline is Demon in a Bottle which they kinda alluded to in Iron Man 2. So characters in comic form doesn't say much about their potential on big screen.

Astonishing Member

It's about to get wild.
    We never needed a retread of the so-called “good” stories to begin with. That’s redundant, boring, and would just be checking off boxes.

By contrast, it’d be nice if they didn’t just take an old name and put it on new characters.

He skipped over a lot of the good stories and loosely adapted stories from the past twenty years. I mean, we could easily get Simonson Thor but we get Aaron instead.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member CaptainCanada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    He skipped over a lot of the good stories and loosely adapted stories from the past twenty years. I mean, we could easily get Simonson Thor but we get Aaron instead.
    There's only going to be so many Thor movies. What does it matter which popular runs their creators were inspired by?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
    There's only going to be so many Thor movies. What does it matter which popular runs their creators were inspired by?
    Because one is a 10 and the other is a 2.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

It's about to get wild.
    I'm glad the majority of moviegoers don't read comics. Comic book fans put a negative light on the movies when they're a different medium with a different way if doing things.

He hasn't gone through almost all the good stories and characters. He's just started with the Eternals, Fantastic Four, and more. Comic fans put too much emphasis on tiers and lists when someone who watches a show or movie doesn't give a sh*t. Guardians of the Galaxy were low in the list category for comic book fans, now they a different beast.

I wouldn't say the potential is wasted, more like it achieved its potential and what we are dealing now is a bunch of greedy ass people who can't let it rest before going another round. I may be alone in this thought but personally i think the MCU should have, at minimum, ended after the conclusion of Endgame or, at best, let moviegoers rest before going at it again only this time with elements of the F4 and X-men in the mix because frankly with the exception of Spider-man NWH and Doc Strange 2, i have not enjoyed any of the other movies that have come out and i have 0 desire to watch the shows.

Extraordinary Member

Nathan Fillion as Simon Williams.

I agree in some ways. Everything post-Infinity War has been underwhelming, to say the least. And I do agree that Adam Warlock's absence in Infinity War was disappointing. I'd rather they have made an Adam Warlock movie over a Captain Marvel one, if they were worried about "setup". Honestly, I was hoping Infinity War would have been much closer to how the events played out in Infinity Gauntlet, with the shrine to Lady Death, Mephisto and all that (and honestly, I thought they were setting up Loki to take Mephisto's place for Infinity War). However, we didn't get that, unfortunately.