Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default Deis/Bleu (Breath of Fire) vs Magus (Chrono Trigger)

Standard Khazan Battle.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

I mean, Deis is about on the level of Myria who basically kept an entire continent in check, right? That’s pretty powerful.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I never played BoF4, but I don't recall anything prior ever suggesting Deis was equal to Myria in power, just that they're family. It's always taken the Brood to beat Myria. Even BoF3, which acknowledges that they're family, specifically has a big reference to BoF1 that confirms beating Myria was a group effort. On the other hand, Magus was at least able to yank a cosmic horror across time and space with a gate big enough to swallow a huge castle without his focus, even if in the original history, he certainly got instantly wrecked.

But Deis can definitely carbonize everything within like fifty feet of herself instantly with a trifling effort (BoF2 hunting), and Magus has very specifically eaten hits from a guy who cuts open huge cliffsides - one of the pretty verifiable details of his fight with Crono and company, since he refers to being hit with the Masamune in particular. It takes a whole storm of lightning bolts to wake Deis up at all, and she has stuff in her pockets that can cause actual tornadoes. They've got feats around
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands