Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What should be Ethnicities of Externals (those whose origins not yet revealed)

It disturbs me that the “High Lords” of X-Gene mutantdom are mostly Old White Men LOL we need diversity KEK

So Selene is Central European (most likely German) , Apocalypse is Northern African (Egyptian) , Saul is Central Asian (Mongolian) , Gideon is Southern European (Spanish/Portuguese) , Absolom is North American [Wild West USAmerican (most likely Texan)], Cannonball is North American [MidWest/South USAmerican (Kentuckian/Appalachian)], but what about the others ?

White Sword - Southern European [Mediterreanean (Atlantean or Greek)] or Indian (subcontinental)? He reminds of , alternately , Frank Miller/Scott Snyder version of a Spartan warrior , and Grant MorrisonÂ’s Vedic warriors from 18 Days

Krule - African (Black/SubSaharan) or Middle-Eastern (Persian) or Indian (Subcontinental) - he reminds me of , alternately , the Hollywood actor Tony Lister in his role in The Dark Knight , Frank Miller & Scott SnyderÂ’s version of Emperor Xerxes , and Street FighterÂ’s Dhalsim

Nicodemus - Swiss or Middle-Eastern (Jewish/Israelite) - he looks like he could be Erik/Max and PietroÂ’s direct ancestor

Burke - Western European [French or British (Scottish)] or North American [NorthWest American (Washington) or Canadian]- he looks like Frank LambertÂ’s OG version of Connor McLeod

Candra - Northern European (Scandanavian/Viking) or Rus (Russian/Ukrainian/etcetera) * I know they’re currently Cancelled in Western Pop Culture , but she always gave that trashy Post-Soviet Noveau-Rich vibe for some reason, plus she’s now physically a jailbait teenager again , “Lolita”)

And I believe that there should have been more canon Externals , based on how their powers first manifested (only upon death) like for example Decimus Furious , who would be Southern European/Mediterrenean (Roman/Italian)
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 05-03-2022 at 09:05 AM.

Amazing Member

Since when is White Sword an External?????? Oh and I do hope we will see him again. He was quite interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Since when is White Sword an External?????? Oh and I do hope we will see him again. He was quite interesting.
    Both Summoner’s and Genesis’ flashbacks in X of Swords

Selene was born in the Mediterranean.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Though its never explicitly been stated, I'm pretty sure Isca is supposed to be an External too, the one representing Sadness or Sorrow. In X of Swords, Apocalypse's sword Scarab was described as a wedding gift crafted by his sister-in-law Isca, who 'imbued the blade with External Sadness.' That's a weirdly specific phrase that doesn't make sense if its just about Apocalypse, because while his embodiment or whatever has never been confirmed in canon, its only ever been speculated to either be Destruction or Evolution....no mention of Sadness in regards to him specifically. So if the External Sadness reference has nothing to do with him, I think its reasonable to conclude its about the sword's maker, Isca.

Plus, Sadness fits Isca in a way, I think, since she was created to be a kind of tragic character in the sense that her own power forced her to betray her sister and family. Tbh, I think the only real argument against viewing Isca as an External is that having an omega level External might be a bit much....but eh, I don't actually think that's true. The only real difference between Isca as an omega level External versus Isca as a non External, is External Isca has an explanation for the longevity that she clearly does possess for some reason or another, and which doesn't seem to have anything to do with her primary mutant power. And plenty of omegas are immortal as side-effects or extensions of their powers, so giving one of the omegas without built-in immortality a different form of immortality via being an External....not that big a deal, IMO.

So yeah, that's my reasoning for why I think Isca's also an External like the White Sword, with her representing Sadness or Sorrow.

Hellion is from Los Angeles, America.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hellion is from Los Angeles, America.
    Obviously it would be cool to see a few African, or black American. Lord knows the portion of Fandom that won't be able to wrap their brains around a highly powerful, immortal mutant and would impulsively wet their pants. I think it would be interesting to have Synch find out he was an External. There's plenty of meat on that bone for writers when you fold in The COTV plotline.

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    It disturbs me that the “High Lords” of X-Gene mutantdom are mostly Old White Men LOL we need diversity KEK

So Selene is Central European (most likely German) , Apocalypse is Northern African (Egyptian) , Saul is Cw real Asian (Mongolian) , Gideon is Southern European (Spanish/Portuguese) , Absolom is North American [Wild West USAmerican (most likely Texan)], Cannonball is North American [MidWest/South USAmerican (Kentuckian/Appalachian)], but what about the others ?

White Sword - Southern European [Mediterreanean (Atlantean or Greek)] or Indian (subcontinental)? He reminds of , alternately , Frank Miller/Scott Snyder version of a Spartan warrior , and Grant MorrisonÂ’s Vedic warriors from 18 Days

Krule - African (Black/SubSaharan) or Middle-Eastern (Persian) or Indian (Subcontinental) - he reminds me of , alternately , the Hollywood actor Tony Lister in his role in The Dark Knight , Frank Miller & Scott SnyderÂ’s version of Emperor Xerxes , and Street FighterÂ’s Dhalsim

Nicodemus - Swiss or Middle-Eastern (Jewish/Israelite) - he looks like he could be Erik/Max and PietroÂ’s direct ancestor

Burke - Western European [French or British (Scottish)] or North American [NorthWest American (Washington) or Canadian]- he looks like Frank LambertÂ’s OG version of Connor McLeod

Candra - Northern European (Scandanavian/Viking) or Rus (Russian/Ukrainian/etcetera) * I know they’re currently Cancelled in Western Pop Culture , but she always gave that trashy Post-Soviet Noveau-Rich vibe for some reason, plus she’s now physically a jailbait teenager again , “Lolita”)

And I believe that there should have been more canon Externals , based on how their powers first manifested (only upon death) like for example Decimus Furious , who would be Southern European/Mediterrenean (Roman/Italian)
    Apoc’s Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Apoc’s Black.
    Exactly my thoughts

But yeeeah you'd the 'cradle of humankind' would have more than a couple eXternals :/
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Apocc is Black but also so is White Sword.. White Sword is giving Panthro from thunderkats energy and we all know that Panthro is Black.

I mean I assume a number of Arakko are externals but do we need more when we have a lot of Arakko.I am still a little said that Hickman didnt fold the neo into this Arakko and Krakoa brave new world. I liked the Neo and hell I would take the concept of the proto mutant to be an offset of folks from Arakko.

BANNED

Apoc’s Black.
    Not to open another can of worms , but the Black Pharaohs of the 25th Dynasty were from 747 BC to 656 BC , but En Sabah Nur is from 3000 BC , he’s POC but Brown

Not to open another can of worms , but the Black Pharaohs of the 25th Dynasty were from 747 BC to 656 BC , but En Sabah Nur is from 3000 BC , he’s POC but Brown
    Yeeeeah because there's no Way a shapeshifting, immortal mutant could have been around for both Dynasties.

Logically it's absurd. lol
    GrindrStone(D)

There were tons of Black Pharaohs in Egypt, like King Tutankhamen of the 18th Dynasty or Khufu of the Fourth Dynasty or Amenemhat I of the 12th Dynasty. This attempt to limit Blackness to just Kushite rule is part of a historical attempt to section off/separate Blackness from Egyptian identity. It posits Black people as these ‘outsiders’ who took over rather than as people who were very fundamental to their society. And as history’s gone on, North Africa has gotten lighter due to colonialist expansion, not darker. So the further we go back in history, the more likely the African people you’re talking about are to be considered Black.

Even without the real world history, this ignores that all the Okkaran designs (and by extension, the Arakkii) are African-inspired. Yes, there is a focus on what the mainstream considers Egyptian identity but it also explores the real cultural diversity that can’t just be flattened to ‘Black’ as an ethnic identifier (racially tho, absolutely). From the Hundred Champions to the ruling family of the land.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

There were tons of Black Pharaohs in Egypt, like King Tutankhamen of the 18th Dynasty or Khufu of the Fourth Dynasty or Amenemhat I of the 12th Dynasty. This attempt to limit Blackness to just Kushite rule is part of a historical attempt to section off/separate Blackness from Egyptian identity. It posits Black people as these ‘outsiders’ who took over rather than as people who were very fundamental to their society. And as history’s gone on, North Africa has gotten lighter due to colonialist expansion, not darker. So the further we go back in history, the more likely the African people you’re talking about are to be considered Black.

Even without the real world history, this ignores that all the Okkaran designs (and by extension, the Arakkii) are African-inspired. Yes, there is a focus on what the mainstream considers Egyptian identity but it also explores the real cultural diversity that can’t just be flattened to ‘Black’ as an ethnic identifier (racially tho, absolutely). From the Hundred Champions to the ruling family of the land.

beautiful post and thank you speaking the truth!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

There were black pharaohs outside of that one dynasty, but I get what your suggestion cause the the new kingdom ushered in non-African/Arab decent pharaohs.