Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default X-men unlimited 33.... we put jet boosters on the flaming murder train

Rember how last issue ended implying nature girl was working with the Golden Girls? Well forget it. The murder train is back and turbo charged.

Nature girl is wearing animal fur while blowing up a oil rig., curse is making people drink oil to death and sauron is burning people alive for stealing dino corpes.

Ng "yes were turning people in to skin sutes for our gateways, I'm having visions, hearing voices, but we're not crazy. Crazy is taking what you want not what you need."

Sauron is picking up the workers who try to flee and throwing them in to fire.

Curse " I can't believed Cypher has no idea what we're doing, he really though we wouldn't kill people? Has he tried murder its so fun what kind of idiot would let us go. Hey random guy, that Hamer is going to explode."

Random guy "gurgle gurgle" as shards of the hammer pierce his face and he bleeds out.

Curse "yea your just workers and the corport bosses are the real problem but, ng things that means your worse and there's more of you to kill so... what ya gunna do ?"

Lead worker tries to shoot ng but flys block the hammer causing a missfire.. ng then stabes him with her staff and grown a krakoan portal inside of him, tering him apart but still keeping him alive. (Untill the oil rig explodes)

Ng. "Humans are a invasive species you don't work with the planet. But me I'm a xmen I love the planet, this is a act of love to Gaia from me. I'll show all of you the strength of my love."

Curse was live streaming this and the xmen finally see this.

Kate pride, bishop, magik, and Jean look on. Wondering "How the fuck did she get out of jail, why dose she have a magic Krakoa staff, and what was that about Doug letting murder go free ?"

Next issue zero tolerance.( could it be finally ending or will the murder train become one with the speed force ?)

Incredible Member

"Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it".

Astonishing Member

Everything about this story remains as absolutely batshit as its been from its very beginning, so...points for consistency, I guess? LOL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    "Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it".
    That's what desperation will do to ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    "... this is a act of love to Gaia *from*..."

"... a magic Krakoa staff..."
    Not reading myself, so this is just a wild guess, and all I'll say is... there's precedent.

Also, *aberrant* cognitive function can result from traumatic affliction, and often does. Ya know, as a default... coping mechanism, sort to speak.

I hope this series continues for a while I would miss these reviews.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    One has to wonder though how many more chances are missed to give characters who have no or little spotlight in the books an appearance, which in part could actualy show all the various interactions implied to have happened off screen, by instead doubling down on an aimless pointless story that only managed to gain attention via outrage?

Finally, X-Men Green's successor is worthy of the title. I was doubtful of this second arc at first, but it aounds like it managed to become an even bigger trashfire than thr last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

It reminds me of X… the manga for the eco-terrorism.

Nice of you, Dthirds3, to devote yourself…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Unlike Duggan's Green, Pacheco/Orlando's seems to know that it's nuts and dumb which makes it more enjoyable lol. (Also, why the writer switch mid-arc?)

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    One has to wonder though how many more chances are missed to give characters who have no or little spotlight in the books an appearance, which in part could actualy show all the various interactions implied to have happened off screen, by instead doubling down on an aimless pointless story that only managed to gain attention via outrage?
    But apart from seeing some fans rejoice for a 2 panel appearances of their favs for 18 pages, would the review threads be as enjoyable ? Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Same. They are amazing. Not sure about the story itself, as I stopped reading it, but the reviews are outstanding. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member

First time for everything. Looks like Marvel is finally going to release a comic where Magik has a semi-major role which I will not be purchasing in any form when the X-Men finally take action about Nature Girl and Curse's evil stupidity. You couldn't pay me to read an issue from this series.

Oh damn. I love this team already:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

So are the X-Men gonna actually do something about this this time or are they just gonna sit around twiddling their thumbs like ineffectual morons again? With Magik they can literally be there yesterday.

Astonishing Member

The actual fuck. My jokes about Nature Girl devolving Wolverine back into an otter actually make sense compared to this