Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Default X-Men Monday #154 - Moira or What Have Been

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/02/x-...ordan-d-white/

Moira or What Might Have Been

The most interesting tid-bit...

JDW: "...it was at the same time as the Moira series died is when that happened. X-Men Monday fans remember that we at one point were talking about a Moira series. We had talked to Al Ewing about it. He had a pitch for it. Like, it was good, but then Jonathan’s plans shifted pretty radically and it became, “Oh, actually, instead of doing that, I’m going to do this. Sorry, Al, let’s get you another book.” And the direction that Moira was going in shifted in a big way."

Ewing was going to write the Moira X book but HiX-Man himself wrecked that possibility by changing his plans for the character.

Also...
    JDW prevaricating and deflecting on What HiX-Man had planned is the most absurd, stupid, ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-02-2022 at 08:40 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

would love to know what was the initial plan for Moira's development...

Turning the most crucial human ally of the X-Men another mutant-hating sentinel, leaves such a bad taste in my mouth...

That makes a lot more sense, that Moira was not originally going to do a heel turn. It explains why it feels so random and out of nowhere. I can't help but wonder that Hickman's decision of leaving is what made him want to wrap up Moira's story in a different way.

In the original stuff, she was not going to end up where she is now. Like literally going, “I hate Krakoa and I want to murder everybody I used to be friends with.”
    So he is aware that it sounds ridiculous that she did that.

Extraordinary Member

If I'm reading that right, while it wasn't Hickman's original plan, Moira's heel turn was still something Hickman came up relatively soon after HOXPOX with and that's why the Moira book was cancelled before it got past the pitch phase.

I'm glad to have the record set straight on the 'talentless hacks ruined the great Jonathan Hickman's plans' narrative. The original plans were changed by Hickman himself, and there are 'problems' which have been blamed on other people unfairly when Hickman was the one responsible.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 05-02-2022 at 08:50 AM.

So tired of the what was/wasn't Hickman's plan discourse.

The real story here is that New Mutants is in no way cancelled.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If I'm reading that right, while it wasn't Hickman's original plan, Moira's heel turn was still something Hickman came up relatively soon after HOXPOX with and that's why the Moira book was cancelled before it got past the pitch phase.
    Yupp...HiX-Man is responsible for the heel-turn.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm a bit sad to know that Ewing had the pitch for Moira and then Hickman changed plans to make her more of an antagonist. Well, Sword/X-men Red got to see the light so that makes it ok.

No plans for Hellion, so that's sad.
    Now who wants to bet on which of the 5 named chars will be on a book soon ?
    I'm betting of Genesis in Immortal.

I am not so sure. Based on some interviews, I think Hickman decided to leave in Late 2020/Early 2021. It was only in February 2021 when Jordan D White said that the Moira book may not be happening, so it's not likely that the Moira book was cancelled shortly after HoxPox. If I had to guess, he decided to change Moira's story because he was leaving.

Amazing Member

I think it was pretty evident the Moira turn was going to happen at some point. The problem is not the heel turn in itself, it's how it happened and what they've been doing with it. Moira becoming this villain is a dope idea (in the context of HoX/PoX and the Krakoan Era) that has been terribly executed.

I said it a while back. It's very similar with how D&D ruined Daenery's heel turn in Game of Thrones. Danny going crazy and fucking **** up has been hinted in the source material and it's something you can totally see happening but HOW that turn happened was fucking atrocious and it left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Sadly, we'll never know how it was going to happen as George is never finishing those fucking books. But I still have some hope that a competent writer will take Evil Moira and do something worth a damn with her and not this 70's cartoon villain **** Percy gave us.
    Last edited by Nomura99; 05-02-2022 at 09:06 AM.

I'm glad to have the record set straight on the 'talentless hacks ruined the great Jonathan Hickman's plans' narrative. The original plans were changed by Hickman himself, and there are 'problems' which have been blamed on other people unfairly when Hickman was the one responsible.
    This is why is good to know who did exactly what. The Moira heel turn was Hickman all along.
    It's very clear it was a later idea added to the mix.

BANNED

Yay, Jean is going to fight Maddie again, so exciting new and interesting.

Is that Beastie, looking like a gargoyle?
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 05-02-2022 at 09:51 AM.

Moira post Inferno has been unacceptable. It sucks that she became a mutant because an ally is certainly an important character and role; but her character was long dead so it was accepted. But it currently has become character assassination.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    JDW prevaricating and deflecting on What HiX-Man had planned is the most absurd, stupid, ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.
    So pretty standard for JDW, then.

AIPT: That’s a fun mini-series right there! Fixing all the continuity errors. NeXt, X-Fan Rift asked, where’s my boy Hellion?

Every day until I get him, White.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Cross-posting my thoughts on the response about Polaris.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    My takeaways from his response are a) she's not staying on the team, b) he wants people to think of her not staying on the team as Lorna's decision rather than a decision of editorial/writing, c) he thinks of Lorna almost entirely from a lens of 90s X-Factor, and d) he thinks the little use she's had this past year (they didn't even put her on the cover of the X-Men issue that was focused on her) is not just more than enough but possibly too much.

To be honest, I expected a non-answer considering his interviews are usually non-answers, but he said quite a lot here and I think it's the kind of things that merit me saying something rather than just waiting to see what happens.

The sentence about her increasing sales of coffee across the country and needing to pay her back for that isn't lost on me, but it's intangible enough that "paying her back" can mean something incredibly minor.

If someone has an issue with my reading, again, my interpretation is based on past experiences with Marvel. My interpretation only changes if behavior at Marvel changes and that changed behavior is both meaningful and lasting. This past year isn't enough to change my perspective of Marvel built up from how they've treated Lorna over the course of a decade.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)