Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura99 View Post
    I think it was pretty evident the Moira turn was going to happen at some point. The problem is not the heel turn in itself, it's how it happened and what they've been doing with it. Moira becoming this villain is a dope idea (in the context of HoX/PoX and the Krakoan Era) that has been terribly executed.

I said it a while back. It's very similar with how D&D ruined Daenery's heel turn in Game of Thrones. Danny going crazy and fucking **** up has been hinted in the source material and it's something you can totally see happening but HOW that turn happened was fucking atrocious and it left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Sadly, we'll never know how it was going to happen as George is never finishing those fucking books. But I still have some hope that a competent writer will take Evil Moira and do something worth a damn with her and not this 70's cartoon villain **** Percy gave us.
    Agreed her heel turn was definitely telegraphed somewhat early on so the idea was their it's just the execution that was terrible.

Still the only person who can give us actual clarity on the situation is Hickman and I highly doubt he's gonna talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    If this cemented anything for me it’s that I don’t care about the x-office internal politics and I honestly don’t even care about whatever overarching Krakoa narrative they’re working on. I just care about the books that I find entertaining (Red, New Mutant, etc.) and hope that they can sort out their supply issues.
    Co-signed!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    JDW deflecting the blame like he isn't the main editor in the X-Office.
    Is he going to blame Hickman for Fallen Angels, Children of the Atom, Excalibur, X-Corp and X-Men Green?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Dude's out here approving the stories then talking like he didn't approve them. Like the books just went over his head and he didn't give the ok lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Dude's out here approving the stories then talking like he didn't approve them. Like the books just went over his head and he didn't give the ok lol.
    Nobody writes or approves anything, it all just materializes out of the ether and names get attached to it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    JDW has approved all the things you liked and has nothing to do with all the things you don't.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Point to note: JDW isn't deflecting blame or saying this or that persons is responsible...He's just stating how things played out between this group of respected writers. As far as he/they're concerned they've done nothing wrong in cutting and changing and telling the stories that they've ALL collectively agreed on.
    It's us who feel that someone should be held accountable for the fact that we hate/strongly dislike their creative choices...long after the decisions have already been made and they're entirely out of our hands.

Which is why I wholeheartedly agree with KX's post. JDW can't pay me to care about what they decide to do in the X-Office...because that's a waste of fucking time and energy better focused on the books and stories I do enjoy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/02/x-...ordan-d-white/

Moira or What Might Have Been

The most interesting tid-bit...

JDW: "...it was at the same time as the Moira series died is when that happened. X-Men Monday fans remember that we at one point were talking about a Moira series. We had talked to Al Ewing about it. He had a pitch for it. Like, it was good, but then Jonathan’s plans shifted pretty radically and it became, “Oh, actually, instead of doing that, I’m going to do this. Sorry, Al, let’s get you another book.” And the direction that Moira was going in shifted in a big way."

Ewing was going to write the Moira X book but HiX-Man himself wrecked that possibility by changing his plans for the character.

Also...
    JDW prevaricating and deflecting on What HiX-Man had planned is the most absurd, stupid, ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.
    i haven't read the link yet but from the first post if what happened to moira is what gave me ewing writing storm in X-men red then i say this with the utmost sorry but no regrets... $)$) moira.
    *queue music* "everyday i wiiiiiiiiiiin wiiiiiiiiiin wiiiiiiiin. Theres a party in the building, Moira plaaaaaaaaaaaans when up! And now Ewing/Storm HEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE! Ewing/storm HEEEEEERE!"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Even though it's been plain as day for eons, it's still disconcerting how Marvel has to keep pumping out number 1s just to keep titles on the shelves, as admitted in this interview. That and constantly interrupting books for a zillon crossovers has really killed a lot of books for me. I don't ever recall it being this bad before. It's a sad state for the industry.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Can't argue with that, JWat...but who's to say that Ewing's Moira X wouldn't have been a Limited Series anyway which would have still afforded time and interest for SWORD and ultimately Red.

I posit that...even if HiX-Man had decided on a different direction for her, we still absolutely needed that Moira book, if only to properly anchor the character in between HoX//PoX and Dawn of X.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Man the revelation that it was Hickman shifting gears partway through the story makes things even worse. First he retroactively screwed with Moira’s major place in the X-Men mythos as one of the greatest human allies to mutantkind by just making her another mutant all along and then proceeds to push her in the complete opposite direction by turning her into a mutant hating sentinel. Who was that supposed to appeal to? You literally took the thing that a character was known for and did a full 180. How is this supposed to be satisfying?

Astonishing Member

Edited because I have decided to not. My bad, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Co-signed!

Notarized.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Man the revelation that it was Hickman shifting gears partway through the story makes things even worse. First he retroactively screwed with Moira’s major place in the X-Men mythos as one of the greatest human allies to mutantkind by just making her another mutant all along and then proceeds to push her in the complete opposite direction by turning her into a mutant hating sentinel. Who was that supposed to appeal to? You literally took the thing that a character was known for and did a full 180. How is this supposed to be satisfying?
    I'm not about to throw the man under the bus. At the end of the day he gave marvel and it's writers the chance to be better, if they take it or not or are open to it or not is on them. This concept and the way it was executed works, i appreciate that the rest is what it is and now the franchise and marvel are in a place where they can evole/ grow/ and mine without losing the core of what the x-men the xmen but knowing there is a goal in sight that does work. How they navigate between that is on them but hickman was a success in many ways.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Was Moira waring Banshee like a coat also part of Hickman plan?
    That is just so...cringe worthy. I mean up and murdering and butchering Sean like that after being involved with him. Just to get back on the island.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    As was mentioned by some in the "I miss old Moira" thread, there was a general apathy and lack of remembrance of Moira among most of the X-men writers over the years since her death, hence suggesting readers have largely grown apathic of her aswell, if they even knew of her.

It's likely Hickman himself felt similar and that nobody would be bothered by completely reinventing her like this, while banking on her status as long existing character for "shocking revelation".

Twisting characters into new shapes they wouldn't be suited for, often in opposition to their established personalities, histories and voices, seems to become increasingly more common than it had allready been in the past.