Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

If this cemented anything for me it’s that I don’t care about the x-office internal politics and I honestly don’t even care about whatever overarching Krakoa narrative they’re working on. I just care about the books that I find entertaining (Red, New Mutant, etc.) and hope that they can sort out their supply issues.

Incredible Member

JDW deflecting the blame like he isn't the main editor in the X-Office.
    Is he going to blame Hickman for Fallen Angels, Children of the Atom, Excalibur, X-Corp and X-Men Green?

[
    So... Maddy "vs" the Summers soon ? I'm very scared

Also, it's a shame to learn how life is in the threehouse through an interview and not in the book...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    This is why is good to know who did exactly what. The Moira heel turn was Hickman all along.
    It's very clear it was a later idea added to the mix.
    Was Moira waring Banshee like a coat also part of Hickman plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Was Moira waring Banshee like a coat also part of Hickman plan?
    Possibly. Hickman is still very much involved in the inner workings of the X-books even though he isn't writing them. We know X-terminators was pitched to him, and that's coming out months after the Moira/Banshee thing. He knew about it, and he approved it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    If this cemented anything for me it’s that I don’t care about the x-office internal politics and I honestly don’t even care about whatever overarching Krakoa narrative they’re working on. I just care about the books that I find entertaining (Red, New Mutant, etc.) and hope that they can sort out their supply issues.
    I never cared about the internal crap...but 100% yes to [B]this[/B]
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-02-2022 at 10:34 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    My takeaways from his response are a) she's not staying on the team, b) he wants people to think of her not staying on the team as Lorna's decision rather than a decision of editorial/writing, c) he thinks of Lorna almost entirely from a lens of 90s X-Factor, and d) he thinks the little use she's had this past year (they didn't even put her on the cover of the X-Men issue that was focused on her) is not just more than enough but possibly too much.

To be honest, I expected a non-answer considering his interviews are usually non-answers, but he said quite a lot here and I think it's the kind of things that merit me saying something rather than just waiting to see what happens.

The sentence about her increasing sales of coffee across the country and needing to pay her back for that isn't lost on me, but it's intangible enough that "paying her back" can mean something incredibly minor.

If someone has an issue with my reading, again, my interpretation is based on past experiences with Marvel. My interpretation only changes if behavior at Marvel changes and that changed behavior is both meaningful and lasting. This past year isn't enough to change my perspective of Marvel built up from how they've treated Lorna over the course of a decade.
    I would image the odds are high of her leaving though its not a certainly yet.

I just hope some of the big ideas that worked in this run carry over. The biggest was not coffee though the coffee cup was helpful in promoting the princess persona which was a real winner. The other winner was Lorna and Jean bouncing off against each other so well and feeling like they had two very different mentors. Relations between mutants and humans were far too good for there to be real friction between them, but there was enough they bounced off each other well in issues like X-Men Devil's Reign.

If Duggan's run is over I have to thank him for writing the first Lorna since Austen in battle effectiveness and skill that actually felt like she was trained/mentored by Magneto.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-02-2022 at 10:42 AM.

I think Polaris leaving the X-Men was foreshadowed way back in X-Men 5 when she told Northstar that she wants to take a break and encouraged him to apply for the team. He’ll probably take her spot in the Year 2 roster.

I feel like the only holdovers from the Year 1 team to the Year 2 team will be the leaders (Jean and Scott) and Synch. The thing about doing an annual Hellfire Gala is that you have to shake-up the team membership significantly each time in order to justify doing a yearly event. If you’re just going to switch out a couple of people each time, it might devalue the 'election' concept Hickman introduced.

For the potentially leaving members:
    Wolverine – X-Terminators (already announced)
    Rogue – Immortal X-Men? Destiny and Mystique seem to want her back in their corner and Immortal is their book. Otherwise, maybe Knights of X to join Gambit.
    Sunfire – Probably X-Men Red. He has talked about wanting to settle down in Arakko and explore space.
    Polaris – Not sure but Alyssa Wong’s book has yet to be announced. She might also end up on whichever book Wanda lands in. (Wasn't there was a rumor about some kind of Scarlet Witch solo or team book?)

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Oh so this feels like confirmation that Knights of X is not a mini or limited series. I am sure we'll hear more next week with Tini.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I think Polaris leaving the X-Men was foreshadowed way back in X-Men 5 when she told Northstar that she wants to take a break and encouraged him to apply for the team. He’ll probably take her spot in the Year 2 roster.

I feel like the only holdovers from the Year 1 team to the Year 2 team will be the leaders (Jean and Scott) and Synch. The thing about doing an annual Hellfire Gala is that you have to shake-up the team membership significantly each time in order to justify doing a yearly event. If you’re just going to switch out a couple of people each time, it might devalue the 'election' concept Hickman introduced.

Rogue – Immortal X-Men? Destiny and Mystique seem to want her back in their corner and Immortal is their book. Otherwise, maybe Knights of X to join Gambit.
    Sunfire – Probably X-Men Red. He has talked about wanting to settle down in Arakko and explore space.
    Polaris – Not sure but Alyssa Wong’s book has yet to be announced. She might also end up on whichever book Wanda lands in. (Wasn't there was a rumor about some kind of Scarlet Witch solo or team book?)
    I could see Brand recruit Sunfire and Polaris for her X-men Red team. Polaris would make a cool counterpart to the Brotherhood's Magneto.
    Now that I think about it, Wanda being the leader of the X-men Red team would be HILARIOUS.

So basically Moira was screwed because Ewing didn't get to write her book...he probably would have had a much better handle on her and reconciling everything than what we have now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If I'm reading that right, while it wasn't Hickman's original plan, Moira's heel turn was still something Hickman came up relatively soon after HOXPOX with and that's why the Moira book was cancelled before it got past the pitch phase.

I'm glad to have the record set straight on the 'talentless hacks ruined the great Jonathan Hickman's plans' narrative. The original plans were changed by Hickman himself, and there are 'problems' which have been blamed on other people unfairly when Hickman was the one responsible.
    Considering that one of the HOX/POX covers depicts Moira wearing an outfit similar to Bastion under a trenchcoat while standing among the dead bodies of the X-men, it wouldn't suprise me if he allready had the idea while writing that duology.

If that's the case it might be that the positive reception of it, made them consider to perhaps not do it for a while, leaving the possibility open for a Moira series.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    So tired of the what was/wasn't Hickman's plan discourse.

The real story here is that New Mutants is in no way cancelled.
    And then it's suddently canceled anyway without announcement, because nobody was willing to admit it.

Mighty Member

What an on brand but passive aggressive slimy thing to blame Moira on Hickman.

Sure Jan. Moiras bad writing is solely on the writers post Hickman. Reading this sounds like Hickman is all powerful and forced poor little Jordan to approve a shitty Moira story once he was gone. Sure Jan. Female characters being thrown under the bus is not a Hickman thing. But it is a thing. Pre Hickman and post Hickman, females have gone back to being useless for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post

I'm expecting Rogue to carry over, TBH. It feels like Duggan is getting started on her plot now. Agree that the others are leaving though. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sunfire in Red or Wong's book but I also could see him leaving the team for the Redroot mission but that mission being shown in some capacity in Duggan's Year 2 when Sunfire calls on the team for help.

Fantastic Member

no chance legion of x makes it more than five issues and i pray knights of x is put out of its misery gotta figure after the horrid sales of excalibur this is the last chance for these characters storylines and if sales on issue 1 or any indication it will be over soon cause sales were bad