Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So basically Moira was screwed because Ewing didn't get to write her book...he probably would have had a much better handle on her and reconciling everything than what we have now.
    Ewing finding stuff from the past to somehow make Moira X work like he did with the TOBA related retcons in Immortal Hulk would be beautiful if he managed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Man the revelation that it was Hickman shifting gears partway through the story makes things even worse. First he retroactively screwed with Moira’s major place in the X-Men mythos as one of the greatest human allies to mutantkind by just making her another mutant all along and then proceeds to push her in the complete opposite direction by turning her into a mutant hating sentinel. Who was that supposed to appeal to? You literally took the thing that a character was known for and did a full 180. How is this supposed to be satisfying?
    And it's even weirder to change Moira this much for the people who did like the retcons around her, so the people who liked a callous Moira who was behind everything becoming better (Even if there were hints she's not 100% doing it for mutants and could become a villain) now have to put up with this Omega Sentinel 2.0.

What's gonna happen later? If by any chance Omega Moira is liked, will Marvel change her into something completely unrecognizable too? Shit, this is some Gwen Stacy kind of personality changes, and Gwen made more sense, and I don't say that lightly lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Man the revelation that it was Hickman shifting gears partway through the story makes things even worse. First he retroactively screwed with Moira’s major place in the X-Men mythos as one of the greatest human allies to mutantkind by just making her another mutant all along and then proceeds to push her in the complete opposite direction by turning her into a mutant hating sentinel. Who was that supposed to appeal to? You literally took the thing that a character was known for and did a full 180. How is this supposed to be satisfying?
    Personally...I don't mind that HiX-Man flipped the script, as it were, with Moira. The X-Men is notorious for villains becoming heroes it's interesting to see the opposite happen for a change.
    Yes, Moira's turn was a little forced, rushed and poorly executed but that's a fault with the writing process of her arc and not the concept itself.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Personally...I don't mind that HiX-Man flipped the script, as it were, with Moira. The X-Men is notorious for villains becoming heroes it's interesting to see the opposite happen for a change.
    Yes, Moira's turn was a little forced, rushed and poorly executed but that's a fault with the writing process of her arc and not the concept itself.
    Moira’s turn is more than just a little forced. It’s literally a change that comes completely out of nowhere that flies counter to even the narrative that had been retconned in for this story. And even if you feel that it’s not a fault of the concept but the writing, the end result is still bad. As the saying goes, the path to Hell is pathed only good intentions. The end result of the planning and execution are the things that matter and at this point in time, that result is the ruination of a major character of the X-Men mythos. They basically dug her up, mutilated her and stitched her together into a monstrosity and then paraded her around as such.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Okies. So we are all agreed, it's contrived. We can now move on.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

To say KoX is not Excalibur is laughable. Pretty much same cast and still same direction and entire storyline continuing from Excalibur. It definitely needed a number one for anyone to take interest. If you look at the original New Mutants and the ending of the title to it becoming X-force, that felt like an organic change and something new with the same cast that needed the title. It didn’t feel like New Mutants 2.0. KoX is Excalibur 2.0.

SWORD to X-men Red is picking some threads, but yes, it feels like a different book because it is. Although I was totally interested in the theme of SWORD and seeing how the mutants act and represent Sol in a galactic political environment, I’m also interested in seeing the politics and changes of planet Arakko. I will miss most of the cast of SWORD and hope we continue to see Frenzy and Manifold in some capacity when it comes to alien politics.

I’m ready for New Mutants to be rebooted. Just haven’t really been interested in the story and going through the motions of collecting it. For me it has no direction. KoX has a direction, but a poor writer. New Mutants is boring for me. X-force should have been rebooted too. It should have become STRIKE and more of an international team of espionage. This is just Logan, Domino and Kid Omega getting killed and the only people in the book. Beast is just the a$$hole of the team. Sage has barely done anything.

TBF, I thought Hickman's "villain"(I'd say antagonist would be a better term) Moira on Inferno was fine. I don't remember most people being too upset about it either. It's Percy who made her as a villain feel kinda dumb and cartoonish.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    TBF, I thought Hickman's "villain"(I'd say antagonist would be a better term) Moira on Inferno was fine. I don't remember most people being too upset about it either. It's Percy who made her as a villain feel kinda dumb and cartoonish.
    I still felt the way she was said to be a villain in Inferno was nonsensical and contrived, she helps mutants more than anything, but turns out she was trying to sterelize them all along, which contradicts a lot of her actions, including how in Inferno itself, life 10 had mutants actually winning to the point Omega Sentinel went back in time to change its events.

For me it was always dumb, but X Deaths made it go from dumb to "What" lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    [
    So... Maddy "vs" the Summers soon ? I'm very scared

Also, it's a shame to learn how life is in the threehouse through an interview and not in the book...
    I think we'll see more of that in Dark Web

Yeah, would have been nice to see that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    JDW deflecting the blame like he isn't the main editor in the X-Office.
    Is he going to blame Hickman for Fallen Angels, Children of the Atom, Excalibur, X-Corp and X-Men Green?
    Co-signed

Moira’s turn is more than just a little forced. It’s literally a change that comes completely out of nowhere that flies counter to even the narrative that had been retconned in for this story. And even if you feel that it’s not a fault of the concept but the writing, the end result is still bad. As the saying goes, the path to Hell is pathed only good intentions. The end result of the planning and execution are the things that matter and at this point in time, that result is the ruination of a major character of the X-Men mythos. They basically dug her up, mutilated her and stitched her together into a monstrosity and then paraded her around as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    We know Hickman wouldn't have done a full turn, and he's the only one who gave reasons as well

1.Charles/Xavier failed to stop Orchis and infact led to create Nimrod earlier
    2.Destiny came back and they failed to stop it, and Mags even refuses to kill her

So the 2 things she told them to avoid have happened, and they even played in a role in it happening sooner

3.She's been hidden in that room for a long LONG time
    4.The Emma stuff, she wasn't keen on bringing her in IIRC

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    AIPT: That’s a fun mini-series right there! Fixing all the continuity errors. NeXt, X-Fan Rift asked, where’s my boy Hellion?

Every day until I get him, White.
    I felt bad for you while reading JDW's response. Among other stupid things, implying Hellion might not show up because of the ended Zeb Wells series? Not cool, Jordan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CapCyke View Post
    [

Also, it's a shame to learn how life is in the threehouse through an interview and not in the book...
    Boom. Mic drop.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    What an on brand but passive aggressive slimy thing to blame Moira on Hickman.

Sure Jan. Moiras bad writing is solely on the writers post Hickman. Reading this sounds like Hickman is all powerful and forced poor little Jordan to approve a shitty Moira story once he was gone. Sure Jan. Female characters being thrown under the bus is not a Hickman thing. But it is a thing. Pre Hickman and post Hickman, females have gone back to being useless for the most part.
    Word. Where Hickman left Moira at the end of Inferno and what Percy immediately did with her in the Termverine thing do not easily fit together, even if a lame heel turn was being seeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    1.Charles/Xavier failed to stop Orchis and infact led to create Nimrod earlier
    2.Destiny came back and they failed to stop it, and Mags even refuses to kill her
    To be fair to Xavier and Magneto, she gave them the info on what to do to stop Nimrod's creation, and despite them doing what she asked, Nimrod came about anyways.

The reason why it happened is likely because of Omega Sentinel's interference (She's the reason Orchis was created to begin with), but they don't know that detail, while Xavier and Magneto can be blamed for a failed mission, as far as they know, Moira's info was incomplete.

Destiny though, yeah, they could always kill Destiny and Mystique and use an earlier backup of Mystique before Destiny was resurrected if they really cared about doing what Moira wanted, or they could make sure the place's security isn't dogshit and not leave fucking Cerebro laying around up for anyone to grab lol.

So the 2 things she told them to avoid have happened, and they even played in a role in it happening sooner

3.She's been hidden in that room for a long LONG time
    4.The Emma stuff, she wasn't keen on bringing her in IIRC
    She just followed their suggestions and didn't seem to that against revealing everything to Emma:

So yeah, it's one of those cases where everyone is a fucking idiot for the plot to happen, including Moira herself, because deciding to trust Emma and expect her to not be pissed over years of manipulation, man...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    To be fair to Xavier and Magneto, she gave them the info on what to do to stop Nimrod's creation, and despite them doing what she asked, Nimrod came about anyways.

The reason why it happened is likely because of Omega Sentinel's interference (She's the reason Orchis was created to begin with), but they don't know that detail, while Xavier and Magneto can be blamed for a failed mission, as far as they know, Moira's info was incomplete.
    Yeah, I blame them because they had multiple Omega level mutants and they kept sending their weakest one(Quire) and 2 other far less powerful ones(Domino and Wolverine).Not like they haven't send stronger teams on secret missions, they did it in HOX/POX.I guess it's a larger problem w/ Krakoa being set up the way it is, but they should be easily able to wipe Nimrod w/ their resources.

Also of all people why trust a Mystique who they know isn't happy w/ them...

Destiny though, yeah, they could always kill Destiny and Mystique and use an earlier backup of Mystique before Destiny was resurrected if they really cared about doing what Moira wanted, or they could make sure the place's security isn't dogshit and not leave fucking Cerebro laying around up for anyone to grab lol.
    Why they let Sinister keep her DNA is also dumb on top of this, keep it someplace safer.And yeah the horrendous security is just another thing.

Krakoa is WAY to strong so they need to keep making it weaker to actually have someone pose a threat.

She just followed their suggestions and didn't seem to that against revealing everything to Emma:

So yeah, it's one of those cases where everyone is a fucking idiot for the plot to happen, including Moira herself, because deciding to trust Emma and expect her to not be pissed over years of manipulation, man...
    She doesn't seem enthusiastic about it but yeah

Also thinking he can trust Emma and that she'd be on their side after she finds out is just hilarious, this and when he brings colossus on the council saying they can trust him as well(although he had no way of knowing that ig)

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I felt bad for you while reading JDW's response. Among other stupid things, implying Hellion might not show up because of the ended Zeb Wells series? Not cool, Jordan.
    That's now how I read it. I think White was saying, "If fans keep asking us to write Hellion, we'll eventually give in. So keep messaging us through email and on social media, and never stop until he comes home."
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    That's now how I read it. I think White was saying, "If fans keep asking us to write Hellion, we'll eventually give in. So keep messaging us through email and on social media, and never stop until he comes home."
    Knowing White, it means Hellion will appear as wallpaper in a Glob Herman story.