Spectacular Member

Default Moon Knight vs Captain America

MCU versions (a version of Cap where he's not an old man OR powered up by the power of Thor. Normal Cap.)

and...

Comic Versions (exclude any version of Moon Knight where he's raised to godlike power or some such. Heard about some arc where he defeated the entire Avengers... sounds like nonsense. Regular Moon Knight. Or a Moon Knight where his strength varies on the phase of the moon. Dealer's choice.)

Genuinely curious about thoughts.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I think the problem is at this point we have no idea what it takes to put Moon Knight down. He's probably a little stronger than Cap but slower and less skilled. But that healing factor is pretty darn good.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Cap in the comics battle.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Cap should take the 616 battle.

I guess maybe Mark in the MCU version. I don't see how Cap gets past the suit, and Mark's got effectively unlimited throwing crescents. Eventually cuts will slow Cap and Mark will be able to beat him to death.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

MCU: The Suit + Presently unidentified 3rd Berserker Alter > Super Soldier Serum + Shield. That 3rd alter is basically a Deus ex machina. One minute we'll see Marc and Cap tussle, we blink, then the next thing we see is Cap completely laid out and bloodied with his shield lodged into the side of a building or something.

Comics: Cap wins most of the time. He's Cap.

But I don't think we should be so quick to dismiss that Moon Knight is linked to Khonshu. Cap can knock him out, even kill him, but Khonshu would just resurrect him, as he has before. I realize that there are some who prefer Marc as a Batman type, but it makes more plausible sense if the reason why he manages many feats is because he has a direct pipeline to godlike powers. Maybe the energy isn't always flowing his way, but the toggle is never completely off, either, so long as he's under Khonshu's protection.

We know who the third alter ego is, or we do if you watched the post-credits scene on the final episode of this season.

It’s Jake Lockley. Who is apparently an Italian assassin/driver.

Having watched the finale of Moon Knight (great ending!) Cap wants none of that. It might take a while (their stats, on paper, are mostly even) but with Khnoshu on his corner Moon Knight will rip him apart eventually. In this case "taking a while" is not a good thing for Cap, it will be long, it will be slow, and it will be painful. Moon Knight handily wins a fight of attrition.

On another note, with Black Knight and Blade coming up, who else thinks that the MCU is setting up a potential Midnight Sons crossover? Moon Knight would be perfect in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    We know who the third alter ego is, or we do if you watched the post-credits scene on the final episode of this season.

It’s Jake Lockley. Who is apparently an Italian assassin/driver.
    Actually, he is a Spaniard, or a Spanish-speaking Latino, thanks Duolingo. Yep, I'd give an edge to MCU Moon Knight, his healing factor, and all the seemingly random BS he can pull off to confuse Cap, switching from the cape-wearing Marc and his crescents to the dapper Steven and his truncheons.