Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman in Dark Crysis

It has been just announced that Wonder Woman will have a new tie-in for the event, written by Tini Howard, and drawn by Leila Del Duca. To be published on september.

Let's see how this comic turns out...

I saw this. But I’m not sure if it’s Diana or Yara?

Well it's titled "World Without Justice League," so presumably these comics will be about how the world deals with the loss of said character. I expect Diana's will focus on Yara, Donna, maybe Cassie and a few others and how they're handling Wonder Woman's latest "death."

Probably be a bunch of lip service where character stand around and talk about how great Diana is/was and how much they'll miss her.
    Blah, blah.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I saw this. But I’m not sure if it’s Diana or Yara?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Well it's titled "World Without Justice League," so presumably these comics will be about how the world deals with the loss of said character. I expect Diana's will focus on Yara, Donna, maybe Cassie and a few others and how they're handling Wonder Woman's latest "death."

Probably be a bunch of lip service where character stand around and talk about how great Diana is/was and how much they'll miss her.
    Blah, blah.
    Depends if all the World Without X one-shots are following the same pattern - we already have the solicit text for the Superman one since that was revealed in the beginning of April:

When Pariah and his forces of the Great Darkness laid waste to the most powerful superheroes of all time, all hope was lost...with the Man of Steel suffering the same fate as that of his comrades, join us for a look at a world of dreams he would never have thought possible while alive. Where there's life there's hope, and with that hope comes a deeper unraveling of the tapestry of DC Universe's biggest event of 2022!
    This would be in line with what's happened to Barry Allen - Pariah brainwashed and sent him to a perfect Earth (Earth-Flash.1) tailor made for him.
    Last edited by Hypo; 05-02-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Blah, blah.
    Premise for the "World Without..." issues is each of the leaguers who ""died"" are set in their own ideal dream world.

Never read anything by Howard, so no real expectations since this is likely the only Dark Crisis (lol) thing I'll read.

Oh, World Without Etc. is going to be the "heroes stuck in their personal WandaVision" thing?

I was under the impression they'd be separate stories--one focusing on other characters mourning, and another mini-series on the heroes stuck in their fantasy worlds. Never mind.

I'm sure it'll all be boring and pointless regardless.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

At least the art will be nice

Just don't give her the main book please.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Yo, a Wonder Woman/Crysis crossover? Sounds epic! Never played the game though. Joking, joking. I hope Wonder Woman fans enjoys it. That's all.

I've enjoyed Tini Howard's The Forgotten Queen and her first arc on Catwoman has been good as well, but it's hard to say how it'll translate to her writing Diana, especially Diana in an ideal dream world.

Leila Del Luca did a good job with a younger Diana on Tempest Tossed. I wonder if there'll be visual differences to this more mature Diana or if the ideal dream world will also be an origin story of sorts.

Extraordinary Member

Dark Crisis: Worlds Without A Justice League: Wonder Woman Covers by Leila Del Duca and Al Barrionuevo

So, Wonder Woman's "perfect world" that Pariah sticks her in involves her wearing lame armor and waving a sword and shield around.

In a word: boring.

Dark Crisis can't end fast enough.

May just be the artist's particular style but not a fan of the armor design.

So, Wonder Woman's "perfect world" that Pariah sticks her in involves her wearing lame armor and waving a sword and shield around.

In a word: boring.

Dark Crisis can't end fast enough.
    Reject Williamson mediocrity, embrace the Dinosaur League

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Ugly costume that could be nice if streamlined. They always go overboard with the stars.

Whoever the artist is should get some fashion tips from the X-men artist…those ladies really be serving.