Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

She looks good! And I like that she's in her classic costume plus Cheetah's in the background.

Screenshot_2022-08-12_185234.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That cover is yelling very "cosplayer" cover. I get it's a homage to the Jim Lee cover but it lacks depth?

This ENTIRE event is an over aggrandized "homage" that lacks depth.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Yeah, that homage cover to Perez's COIE cover is so lacking when it's some senior citizen in the place of Anti-Monitor.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Is Cheetah going to fight hawkman or what?

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    What was the purpose of this event again?
    Boost sells because they aren't good except for Batman.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    This was one of the first stories I read when I started comics. I hated it, then I learned about Identity Crisis, Countdown to Infinite Crisis, and all that other stuff. Getting pummeled by Superboy Prime was a lousy way to go for the "original" Superman.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 08-13-2022 at 03:36 PM. Reason: added more thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I have to say: Wonder Woman with a sword is not my jam.

Source: https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...nite-earths-6/
    And of course Wonder Woman looks like the random skinny girl from a horror movie while Superman and Batman look as huge as Conan the Barbarian. And of course she has a sword, just like the skinny horror movie girl needs a shotgun. The man on the other hand are so strong that they don't need any weapon
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-13-2022 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    And of course Wonder Woman looks like the random skinny girl from a horror movie while Superman and Batman look as huge as Conan the Barbarian. And of course she has a sword, just like the skinny horror movie girl needs a shotgun. The man on the other hand are so strong that they don't need any weapon
    Calling her skinny is an exaggeration.

There is also a guy in the background with a weapon and the lasso is as much a weapon as a sword, which is never brought up by anyone with this complaint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I have to say: Wonder Woman with a sword is not my jam.

Source: https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...nite-earths-6/
    The bottoms are too baggy, like they look like they're a couple sizes too big. There shouldn't be so much extra fabric that you have folds/wrinkles like that. The point of tights is that they're well tight. It's very distracting and looks awkward to wear to me.

The art is otherwise really good, so I'm forced to assume somebody was overly self-conscious about drawing the female pelvis area and was trying to hide the contours. If you're going to be that self conscious, you're better off just giving her a skirt or shorts and not baggy panties.

And, I can’t even with those granny panties. When did Bats & Sups start wearing their underwear outside again..?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    The bottoms are too baggy, like they look like they're a couple sizes too big. There shouldn't be so much extra fabric that you have folds/wrinkles like that. The point of tights is that they're well tight. It's very distracting and looks awkward to wear to me.

The art is otherwise really good, so I'm forced to assume somebody was overly self-conscious about drawing the female pelvis area and was trying to hide the contours. If you're going to be that self conscious, you're better off just giving her a skirt or shorts and not baggy panties.
    Or it was supposed to be the skirt. Diana's bottoms have an outward curve while Bruce's and Clark's go inward. Seems to me as if Ariel Colon had to do a last-minute change, maybe because DC thought giving Diana the skirt wasn't homaging the Jim Lee cover enough.

Ariel Colon had no trouble drawing Jean's pelvic area.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Calling her skinny is an exaggeration.

There is also a guy in the background with a weapon and the lasso is as much a weapon as a sword, which is never brought up by anyone with this complaint.
    Skinny is an exxageration? Well she certainly has no muscle. Heck not even definition (which still wouldn't make her intimidating the way Superman and Batman are portrayed with those burly builds).

And are you comparing Hawkman's short mace, with his huge shoulders and brawny arms, to Diana's long sword that she holds in such a disbalanced manner (no surprise there)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Or it was supposed to be the skirt. Diana's bottoms have an outward curve while Bruce's and Clark's go inward. Seems to me as if Ariel Colon had to do a last-minute change, maybe because DC thought giving Diana the skirt wasn't homaging the Jim Lee cover enough.

Ariel Colon had no trouble drawing Jean's pelvic area.
    Possibly. At first I thought for a second I was looking at a skirt with a weird cut before realizing it was supposed to be her classic bottoms. But if the case more effort(on Colon's part) and time(on DC's) should have been given redrawing the entire area affected and not just cropping the skirt. The end result, which what really matters, is it ends up looking off model and detracts from the art. Whether it comes from laziness/a rush job in response to last minute changes or prudishness somewhere along the creative process really becomes a matter of conjecture and curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, that homage cover to Perez's COIE cover is so lacking when it's some senior citizen in the place of Anti-Monitor.

Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Skinny is an exxageration? Well she certainly has no muscle. Heck not even definition (which still wouldn't make her intimidating the way Superman and Batman are portrayed with those burly builds).

And are you comparing Hawkman's short mace, with his huge shoulders and brawny arms, to Diana's long sword that she holds in such a disbalanced manner (no surprise there)
    Yes, I am comparing a weapon to another weapon. Please keep the goalposts where they are.

I don't even like the cover, but the sword or lack of muscle are not the actual problems.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-13-2022 at 11:05 AM.