Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I don't even like the cover, but the sword or lack of muscle are not the actual problems.
    To you they aren't. I accept that.

But to me they are promoting terrible old gender dynamics. Women are scrawny and need big weapons to defend thesmelves, and can't even hold those weapons correctly. Man are huge and brawny, they don't need much to defend themselves

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I have to say: Wonder Woman with a sword is not my jam.

Source: https://screenrant.com/justice-leagu...nite-earths-6/
    Does anyone else kinda hate when the artist's reference photos are way too obvious? It even bothers me when the reference is Gal Gadot or Lynda Carter. Some glaring examples (where the artists clearly just drew Angelina Jolie and Kate Beckinsale):

Cheetah and Diana on that Dark Crisis cover totally take me out of it. The granny panties and weird pose don't do it any favors either.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    To you they aren't. I accept that.

But to me they are promoting terrible old gender dynamics. Women are scrawny and need big weapons to defend thesmelves, and can't even hold those weapons correctly. Man are huge and brawny, they don't need much to defend themselves
    That's true. The cover is not good at all. And a powerhouse God like powers amazon warrior that can trade bllows with kryptonians and is supposed to be the best melee fighter, should have some real muscles. And some technique behind her moves and handle of the sword, which it isn't the case 90% of the time.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Does anyone else kinda hate when the artist's reference photos are way too obvious? It even bothers me when the reference is Gal Gadot or Lynda Carter. Some glaring examples (where the artists clearly just drew Angelina Jolie and Kate Beckinsale):

Cheetah and Diana on that Dark Crisis cover totally take me out of it. The granny panties and weird pose don't do it any favors either.
    There is some uncanny valley going on there.

unless your Alex Ross, the whole "realistic/human but not really" art style from that cover and other pieces people have shown doesn't really look right, at least for me.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    And, I can’t even with those granny panties. When did Bats & Sups start wearing their underwear outside again..?
    For Superman, it was Action Comics #1000, Brian Michael Bendis begins on the Superman books. For Batman: sometime during Tom King's Batman run.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 08-13-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Dark Crisis Worlds Without a Justice League: Wonder Woman Preview
    Writer: Tini Howard
    Artist: Leila Del Duca
    Colors: Jordie Bellaire
    Backup: Dan Waters and Brandon Peterson

The top half of the cover isn't bad. It's only when you scroll down and realize that she is mid air that the drawing dies.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

That costume is kind of not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    That costume is kind of not great.
    "Kind of"?

Only one of these dream world designs that have been at least good is Supes with grey temples.

It looks like WW's ideal world is one where women are in charge. The art is nice. I hope it's not another story where women take over and now men are treated like cattle because that would be such bs.

Thoughts on Dark Crisis as a whole:

-Remember how some people speculated that the dream world the League is sent to will all be based on the Silver Age? I wish that theory was true.

-Or maybe they were sent to worlds where they were the only hero of their world and had to fight each other's villains. Superman is at a loss fighting someone like Ares who is magic and there is no lasso of truth. Batman cannot handle multiple cosmic level attacks (sorry fanboys). Wonder Woman has little knowledge or experience of magic outside of the Greek side and has a tough time navigating ways to deal with magical entities. GL has to split his duties between earth and space and his failure to not be on earth leads to disastrous consequences.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It looks like WW's ideal world is one where women are in charge. The art is nice. I hope it's not another story where women take over and now men are treated like cattle because that would be such bs.

Thoughts on Dark Crisis as a whole:

-Remember how some people speculated that the dream world the League is sent to will all be based on the Silver Age? I wish that theory was true.

-Or maybe they were sent to worlds where they were the only hero of their world and had to fight each other's villains. Superman is at a loss fighting someone like Ares who is magic and there is no lasso of truth. Batman cannot handle multiple cosmic level attacks (sorry fanboys). Wonder Woman has little knowledge or experience of magic outside of the Greek side and has a tough time navigating ways to deal with magical entities. GL has to split his duties between earth and space and his failure to not be on earth leads to disastrous consequences.
    I'm kind of worried how they'll handle Psycho revealing the "truth" to her.

I like the preview. Hopefully everything that comes after won't disappoint.

I agree with everyone who's not thrilled with that costume. It's so overdesigned and clunky.

Hmm, realizing the "Triad" is an island for each tribe; Greek buildings for Themyscira, pyramids for Bana, and forests.