Thread: Red Wolf

Default Red Wolf

The most recent version of Red Wolf was cancelled in mid-story. Was the story evey completed elsewhere? I was really enjoying it. It was different from virtually anything else Marvel put out.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Are you referring to the short lived series he had 2015 that only went 6 issues? I do recall that was an ongoing cut short and a new arc was being set up but I don't recall the particulars right now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

That is what I was referring to. Does't seem like it's been seven years.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))

Niffleheim

I've always been interested in the character but I think he should have either time travelling powers where he has stories set in different eras
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

By hte way, has Marvel ever explained what happened to the earlier modern incarnation of Red Wolf?
    Sandy Hausler

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    By hte way, has Marvel ever explained what happened to the earlier modern incarnation of Red Wolf?
    After his 2015 series ended Marvel placed him into Occupy Avengers the following year(2016). He was in all 9 issues of that short run but I didn't read that volume myself. I'm guessing there are trades. Maybe someone knows if any of the Red Wolf plot threads from the end of his series are picked up.
    From what I can tell he then shows up in Al Ewings Avengers(2018), legacy numbering #681 & 682 (should be 3 more issues but I couldn't find them)
    Then in the Werewolf by Night mini from 2020, all 4 issues of that.
    Seems he's had a drought the last two years.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I have wondered about that too. Last we saw, he was still active with the Rangers.

At least we got a quick scene showing the original Kyle Richmond Nighthawk retiring/passing the torch, so that all the other subsequent Nighthawks who've shown up aren't having to deal with sharing the mantle.

Wasn’t he in Avengers: No Surrender?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Wasn’t he in Avengers: No Surrender?
    I think you're confusing the two. Right now there are two Red Wolfs (as far as we know) in the Marvel Universe: you have the one who originally appeared in 1970, who was a modern man who was the latest to take up the mantle of Red Wolf. He ran around with a wolf partner named Lobo and was a part of the Rangers team. He hasn't been seen for a while, maybe not since the Rangers showed up in the old Scarlet Spider series.

Then there's the other one who's been getting more focus lately. I might not be remembering everything, but I believe he's from an alternate world where all the Marvel characters had Western variations. After Secret Wars, he wound up in the Earth-616 past and then time-traveled to the present. He's the one who was part of the Occupy Avengers series and who showed up in Avengers: No Surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    At least we got a quick scene showing the original Kyle Richmond Nighthawk retiring/passing the torch, so that all the other subsequent Nighthawks who've shown up aren't having to deal with sharing the mantle.
    I assume you mean the Kyle Richmond who was in the Defenders for a long time with Valkyrie, etc. Sorry to hear he's retired. I always liked him. Where did he show up?
    Sandy Hausler

I assume you mean the Kyle Richmond who was in the Defenders for a long time with Valkyrie, etc. Sorry to hear he's retired. I always liked him. Where did he show up?
    I believe he retired in the Last Defenders mini-series when he passed the mantle onto Joaquin Pennysworth. Past that, I think he showed up in one panel where he was pitching himself as a babysitter for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones's kid. It looked like he was going to show up in the Robinson Squadron Supreme series to take on the Nighthawk in that book, but I think that character was a Skrull or some other shapeshifter.