View Poll Results: Which One Would You Kill Off/Retire?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hal Jordan

36 26.87%
  • Guy Gardner

11 8.21%
  • John Stewart

9 6.72%
  • Kyle Rayner

20 14.93%
  • Simon Baz

32 23.88%
  • Jessica Cruz

3 2.24%
  • Sojourner Muller

9 6.72%
  • Keli Quintela

14 10.45%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

This thread is going to create so much drama

Just make them a team on a Green Lanterns Of Earth title, except for one who will be the GL serving on the Justice League. That member can change in each run or yearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Remember the first issue of Meltzer's JLA run where the Trinity can't decide which Lantern to put on the new JL roster and Diana suggests that maybe there should be a contest between Hal, John and Kyle. We can't say writers and fans don't think alike.
    I do! It was a funny reference to Diana's origin, but of course I will take this opportunity to remind everyone that for all their pompous deliberating, the Trinity didn't form Meltzer's League. Hal, Dinah and Ollie did, with Ollie choosing Roy to take his slot and the rest being whomever showed up at their first adventure -- because Hal goes with the flow rather than waste time navel-gazing.

On a side note, I didn't even notice that Alan isn't part of the poll. I get that he's not really a Corps member("honorary" I guess) but shouldn't he still be given as an option.

On a side note, I didn't even notice that Alan isn't part of the poll. I get that he's not really a Corps member("honorary" I guess) but shouldn't he still be given as an option.
    No, I don't think so. He's not seen in any way part of the problem of "too many earth Lanterns." Alan's got his own thing going on, whether it's as a solo hero and father of Jade and Obsidian or with the JSA. I think the spirit of the poll is meant to address the glut of GLC members from earth who seem to be in competition with each other. Alan Scott hasn't been a part of that in terms of how they are handling the franchise.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Remember the first issue of Meltzer's JLA run where the Trinity can't decide which Lantern to put on the new JL roster and Diana suggests that maybe there should be a contest between Hal, John and Kyle. We can't say writers and fans don't think alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I do! It was a funny reference to Diana's origin, but of course I will take this opportunity to remind everyone that for all their pompous deliberating, the Trinity didn't form Meltzer's League. Hal, Dinah and Ollie did, with Ollie choosing Roy to take his slot and the rest being whomever showed up at their first adventure -- because Hal goes with the flow rather than waste time navel-gazing.
    I had to look this up. This panel is both hilarious and sad. Every character on it has a duplicate or clone character.
    Hal has Guy, John and Kyle.
    Supergirl has Power Girl.
    Even the Trinity is unaware of who is under the Flash's mask.

Reminded me of a roster registration from YJ season 1 as well.
    *The video is edited in an awkward way, but Connor says he's "Just walking Wolf. No big". To M'Gann.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 05-04-2022 at 05:44 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Only one? Cuz honestly only Hal, John, Kyle and Jessica should be active.
    Alan and Keli can stick to JSA and YJ stuff.

Voted for Simon cuz he should've told Hal to piss off after he gave him his ring back.

Jo is okay but why the hell would you introduce a second female Lantern when you barely promoted the first one?
    "Cable was right!"

I'm not going to vote because every character is someone's favorite, and I wouldn't like it if my favorite character were killed off or retired. That being said, Kyle Rayner is my favorite GL by far, but I've been saying for years that he has been lost in the crowd ever since the Corps came back, and that he should be given his own identity separate from the Corps and go back to his old life on Earth. I thought that's where they were going with Ion and later with the White Lantern thing, but neither stuck.

An issue I have had with Kyle and a thread like this brings up, is that I don't know why Kyle even wants to be a Green Lantern. He's one almost by default now and it made more sense back when he first got the ring, but Kyle doesn't exactly have a compelling motivation.

Ironically, as horrible as Guy was before he joined the Corps and then the JL, he stated over and over his motivation - to show that he was the "one, true GL." It gave that character a direction and purpose at the time, even if he was the villain. And then when Guy settled into "I won't murder my teammates" mode, he was used mostly as comic relief - stripped of the unhinged mentality that made him compelling.

Guy originally functioned like Beta Ray Bill, but in reverse- Someone unworthy, yet promoting themselves as being so. As he did with Warrior, I can see him finding his own separate, non-GL destiny.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-04-2022 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Sadly I agree. Kyle was one of my favorite characters when I first started reading comics and I’ve always had a soft spot for the guy. Hell, when it was revealed that he was half Mexican-American I was so damn happy. But if one GL should go, currently it’s him. It would be meaningful since he’s played a big role in the past but also help alleviate the overcrowded GL franchise.
    What nationality is Jessica Cruz?

I don’t remember if I ever saw that.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    What nationality is Jessica Cruz?
    Wiki says she has Mexican and Honduran ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I don’t remember if I ever saw that.
    It's the panel I posted above on this page. With Hal, Bart, Kara and Karen. From the post-Infinite Crisis Justice League of America run from 2006. The Tornado's Path arc.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 05-04-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Haha, i can see that the good ol' Hal/Kyle rivalry has still some life in it.

Voted for Keli cause i have no freaking idea who that character is. (yeah, i haven't really followed the green squad adventures for quite a while)

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Sadly I agree. Kyle was one of my favorite characters when I first started reading comics and I’ve always had a soft spot for the guy. Hell, when it was revealed that he was half Mexican-American I was so damn happy. But if one GL should go, currently it’s him. It would be meaningful since he’s played a big role in the past but also help alleviate the overcrowded GL franchise.
    I liked Omega Men but that seems to be the one King miniseries no one really talks about.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Title speaks for itself.

I'm really curious about the results for this.

We all agree that the franchise bloated with too many human lanterns and some of them have to be benched for a while. So who would you choose?
    HAL... he is the most cardboard of them. Even if the others haven't been fleshed out I have to think you COULD...

the only version of HAL i liked was as an old vet weith grey hair having BEEN the rash one but who claimed down.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Hal Jordan.

I have never liked Hal Jordan as a Green Lantern no matter who writes him (except when he was the Spectre written by J.M. DeMattis that was the only time I liked Hal) but as a Green Lantern he's extremely over-rated and sucks the fun out the concept. IMHO he was much better as either a villain and/or as the Spectre which is where he was should be.