View Poll Results: Which One Would You Kill Off/Retire?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hal Jordan

36 26.87%
  • Guy Gardner

11 8.21%
  • John Stewart

9 6.72%
  • Kyle Rayner

20 14.93%
  • Simon Baz

32 23.88%
  • Jessica Cruz

3 2.24%
  • Sojourner Muller

9 6.72%
  • Keli Quintela

14 10.45%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Maybe you shouldn't use the word "war" to describe this petty bullshit when there's an actual war going on. It just reminds us how stupid all this is.
    [edit: I see the post has been changed to take out the word war. Okay]
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-17-2022 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't use the word "war" to describe this petty bullshit when there's an actual war going on. It just reminds us how stupid all this is.
    It's not being used in a literal sense, but fair enough, I've been wanting to exit out of this thread for a while.
    Last edited by Captain Nostalgia; 05-17-2022 at 10:13 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I take it you haven't been collecting comic books for very long?
    I have, since the 80's, started with back issues from the late 60's. I take it you haven't read what I posted, though:

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yeah, not quite. The one high profile legacy character for almost ten years after COIE was Wally. And DC only started trying to replicate that formula once Waid's Flash started getting some serious positive buzz - that's when we get Kyle Rayner and Connor Hawke, the only 2 ones that were actually commissioned to replace their predecessors after those were killed off or something else.
    See, that's about the 90's. Barry dies in 1985. Your examples go as follows:

Hal Jordan became a mass murderer... so he could be replaced.
    That's 1994, 9 years after COIE.

Oliver Queen was blown up in a helicopter...so he could be replaced.
    Connor Hawke was also created in 94, 9 years after COIE.

Ronnie Raymond was imapaled & killed......so he could be replaced.
    That's 2003, full 18 years after COIE.

Ray Palmer vanished into the subatomic world....so he could be replaced.
    That's 2006 or 2007, some good 20 years after COIE.

Ted Kord had his brains blown out .......so he could be replaced.
    That's 2005, I think. Again, 20 years on COIE.

Vic Sage died of cancer .........so he could be replaced.
    That's, I don't know, '08? You get my gist.

So, my point stand, it's not "since the death of Barry Allen", it took almost a deade for the legacy heroes become "a thing.

There was no IP to protect with someone like Starman or Mr. Terrrific , are you kidding me, those characters didn’t have a fanbase.
    You understand that "protecting the IP" doesn't mean "pleasing the fanbase" here, but "using the name/brand inside a certain period of time so they don't lose the legal rights to it", right?

(All you have to do is read former excutive Dan Didio’s plans before he was sacked)

We’ve been fighting this war against DC....for a very long time.
    Yeah... I don't think you have to teach me this stuff. Just sayn'.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I have, since the 80's, started with back issues from the late 60's. I take it you haven't read what I posted, though:

See, that's about the 90's. Barry dies in 1985. Your examples go as follows:

That's 1994, 9 years after COIE.

Connor Hawke was also created in 94, 9 years after COIE.

That's 2003, full 18 years after COIE.

That's 2006 or 2007, some good 20 years after COIE.

That's 2005, I think. Again, 20 years on COIE.

That's, I don't know, '08? You get my gist.

So, my point stand, it's not "since the death of Barry Allen", it took almost a deade for the legacy heroes become "a thing.

You understand that "protecting the IP" doesn't mean "pleasing the fanbase" here, but "using the name/brand inside a certain period of time so they don't lose the legal rights to it", right?

Yeah... I don't think you have to teach me this stuff. Just sayn'.
    Forget man, the Hal avatar is right.

This thread is fuC#ed. I don't want to be part of this conversation anymore. Enjoy your evening.

Hmmm, I'm not sure where all the "Jordan fans" need to be called out comes from.

I'm not hardcore Jordan fan.....and yet, watching them, they have all been very polite on this forum???
    Last edited by Captain Nostalgia; 05-17-2022 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think the issue is you have sets of Hal fans that make all of them look bad.
    True for every character, and when they show up they do need to be called out. Jordan gets a little trickier because of that hate movement from that former artist and all, whose members are mostly fans, and pollute the conversation.

Still, constantly pointing fingers fingers at "character's X fans" gets old.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Hmmm, I'm not sure where all the "Jordan fans" need to be called out comes from.

I'm not hardcore Jordan fan.....and yet, watching them, they have all been very polite on this forum???
    Yes they are, that's why I have been pointing this out on this thread (even if I'm not fond of the character at all) that they get a lot of undeserved ****.

The "need to called out" thing was meant for the fans of any character which engage with I'll intentions, not Jordan's or any others' specifically. Sort of that wasn't clear.

Yes they are, that's why I have been pointing this out on this thread (even if I'm not fond of the character at all) that they get a lot of undeserved ****.

The "need to called out" thing was meant for the fans of any character which engage with I'll intentions, not Jordan's or any others' specifically. Sort of that wasn't clear.
    No they haven't. I've been watching this thread, the Hal Jordan fans have all been very polite.

It is posters like you who are using language....(Hal fans)
    "suggestions sometimes make me throw up a little in my mouth."
    So I don't know what your beef is, later skater.

No they haven't. I've been watching this thread, the Hal Jordan fans have all been very polite
    I'm sorry, are you reading to what you're replying to? They haven't what? I just agreed with you that yes, they are very polite.

Did you honestly searched the thread to cut a sentence without reading the rest of the post? WTF?
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 05-17-2022 at 11:02 PM.

I'm sorry, are you reading to what you're replying to? They haven't what?
    Your the one who wrote Hal fans....
    "suggestions sometimes make me throw up a little in my mouth."
    Can you quote a Hal fan in this forum using such language.

I've been reading what the Hal fans have been typing and it appears to be largely defensive replies from attacks by a few disgruntled fans of other characters.

Your the one who wrote Hal fans....

Can you quote a Hal fan in this forum using such language.

I've been reading what the Hal fans have been typing and it appears to be largely defensive replies from attacks by a few disgruntled fans of other characters.
    Yeah dude, sorry, you need to start actually reading what you're replying to. Not only you're free styling, you're accusing me - who not only have been defending the guys for 3 pages, but was actually the one who brought up they were being treated unfairly - of being the one attacking them. You're doing this with a sentence from a post pointing out that very fact.

Yeah dude, sorry, you need to start actually reading what you're replying to. Not only you're free styling, you're accusing me - who not only have been defending the guys for 3 pages, but was actually the one who brought up they were being treated unfairly - of being the one attacking them. You're doing this with a sentence from a post pointing out that very fact.
    Whose being treated unfairly??? What are you on about?

Whose being treated unfairly??? What are you on about?
    No, what are YOU on about?

3 or 4 pages ao I pointed out that although I don't like Jordan, his fans get a lot of undeserved abuse. People replied, I counter-argued that, agree to their points or not, Jordan fans are, yes, very polite (at least here).

And you're replying to me as if I said the exact opposite of what I've been saying for, like, five posts or something. This is borderline insane dude, again, read what you're replying to, please.

No, what are YOU on about?

3 or 4 pages ao I pointed out that although I don't like Jordan, his fans get a lot of undeserved abuse. People replied, I counter-argued that, agree to their points or not, Jordan fans are, yes, very polite (at least here).

And you're replying to me as if I said the exact opposite of what I've been saying for, like, five posts or something. This is borderline insane dude, again, read what you're replying to, please.
    Oh I see, were in agreement than. The Hal Jordan fans have been very polite, all good. Peace my brother.

My Good lord, I'm confused right now.