Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Zaheer (Legend of Korra) vs King Bradely (Fullmetal Alchemist)

This fight takes place in Khazan arena. Standard rules apply. Who wins?

If I'm not mistaken, I think Bradley turns Zaheer into a kebab before the latter has time to react. King Bradley wins via speed blitz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Bradley turns Zaheer into a kebab before the latter has time to react. King Bradley wins via speed blitz.
    Can Bradley cross a 100 feet before Zaheer flies up?

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Can Bradley cross a 100 feet before Zaheer flies up?
    I think Zaheer will get off the ground but Bradley is likely quick enough and can jump good enough that he can still stab him.

Or he could throw a weapon, the dude has pretty insane physical stats and coordination.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

This definitely comes down to 'Can Bradley get to Zaheer before Zaheer gets enough height to be untouchable'?

Speaking of 'how fast can Bradley run, we have a very short instance in the video at the 0:50 mark where he leaps a helluva long way then just...zips up a slope like a speeding car (I have no idea how fast it is, am somewhat disinterested in working it out). It's amusing that he's chasing a tank at this point, the tank actively fleeing from him (like...tank retreating from dude with sword ^_^).

In the fight at ~3:45 and on, he's shown crossing dozens of feet in far under a second. He then split-second kills three or four dudes standing quite far away from each other - he'd need to be moving between them in that time, as I haven't seen any kind of 'vacuum cut' skills or whatever it's called these days.

With all of that said, Zaheer IS getting off the ground. Bradley would need to be doing over 300 mph to cross 100' in 0.2 seconds, and I'm not seeing anything showing that. But as Nik says, there's a case for Zaheer getting off the ground and still getting taken down by a jump...assuming Zaheer doesn't do something like 'fly up while firing off blasts of air to maybe slow Bradley down'.

I think this is Zaheer's fight to lose; he just needs to get off the ground high enough to escape any jumps or thrown weapons (or high enough that he has enough time to react to thrown weapons and simply swat them away with air). Bradley has to get in range, jump enough to overtake him while Zaheer is still flying up and backward, and kill him, because he's getting one shot only. While Zaheer (who has done other air stuff while flying) is sending blasts of air his way to slow him down or whatever.

Not a stomp, but I have to give the edge to my least favourite character here, Zaheer.

Mileage may vary, and if people have further feats for Bradley, I'm interested.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I can't find the clip but there's the sequence when Bradley escapes the attempt at assassinating him. He is on a train going over a bridge over a deep gorge. They blow up the bridge and the train car is falling into the gorge.

Bradley just runs out of the train and leap frogs up the falling masonry and back to safety.

That's /very/ quick movement there. It's over a reasonably long distance and, as I recall, the rocks are falling in slow motion to his perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I can't find the clip but there's the sequence when Bradley escapes the attempt at assassinating him. He is on a train going over a bridge over a deep gorge. They blow up the bridge and the train car is falling into the gorge.

Bradley just runs out of the train and leap frogs up the falling masonry and back to safety.

That's /very/ quick movement there. It's over a reasonably long distance and, as I recall, the rocks are falling in slow motion to his perspective.
    I've seen that - I'd need to see it again to get a better judge of the speed and so forth.

I'm not against the idea of him doing it, mind, if he has the feats. It's just that Zaheer has also shown himself capable of doing stuff while flying, and area-blasting with air is kind of a thing. Anything that keeps Bradley from closing or sticking a thrown whatever in Zaheer (does he commonly carry extra weapons? I just see him picking up other people's stuff when he loses his sword) is going to make getting that one good shot in hugely more difficult, as Bradley is already working against the 100' starting distance.

If it were closer (even half the distance, 50'), I'd be all up for 'Bradley 10/10, blitz for the win'.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

In the previous clip, Bradley was making do with whatever he had happened to have around because he was in the middle of an attempted coup d'etat against him.

When he actually went hunting for the original Greed, as in turning up expecting a fight, he brought /five/ swords with him.

I'm happy to defer to the OP but my base assumption with Bradley is that he'd, at the very least, be dual weilding.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-04-2022 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    In the previous clip, Bradley was making do with whatever he had happened to have around because in the middle of an attempted coup d'etat against him.

When he actually went hunting for the original Greed, as in turning up expecting a fight, he brought /five/ swords with him.

I'm happy to defer to the OP but my base assumption with Bradley is that he'd, at the very least, be dual weilding.
    Okay, cool with that! If multiple blades are standard equipment for him, he'll have plenty to toss around.

So it comes down to 'how fast can Bradley cover ground and get to Zaheer, when Zaheer is presumably trying to play keep-away with flight and blasts of air?'

I think I'll go do a youtube search myself for more Bradley.
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I think he only carries the one sword in his day to day interactions but gears up more for specific missions. I imagine we could spot him multiple blades in much the same way we assume Batman will actually be in the bat suit. Though you could make a case Bradley tailors his loadout to the mission at hand, hence why he snagged the grenade for the tank. Greed was a particular opponent whose healing factor needed to be overwhelmed, and multiple blades was helpful with that.

I don't think throwing things at a guy with Zaheer's level of air manipulation is an especially viable tactic. Ditto jumping at him, or leaving the ground in general.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-04-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Can Zaheer kill Bradley though?

Don’t the homonculi all have regen?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Can Zaheer kill Bradley though?

Don’t the homonculi all have regen?
    Not this particular version of Bradley, Wrath. He was a human transformed into a homunculus, and the extra souls which power the Regen killed each other in the battle for control. He does have sick damage soak, but no Regen.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Not this particular version of Bradley, Wrath. He was a human transformed into a homunculus, and the extra souls which power the Regen killed each other in the battle for control. He does have sick damage soak, but no Regen.
    Ahh, gotcha.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM