Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Whatever happened to "I don't like this so I'm going to avoid it,"? Do people not do that anymore?
    Nope. Nowadays people think that their feelings justify whatever actions they want to take.

Ultimate Member

That's hardly an excuse. If everybody attacked anyone who offended them, nobody would ever stop fighting.

Whatever happened to "I don't like this so I'm going to avoid it,"? Do people not do that anymore?
    Quoted for truth.

That's hardly an excuse. If everybody attacked anyone who offended them, nobody would ever stop fighting.

Of course people still do that. You even allude to it the first part of your post. If fact, I would argue that most of the people in the entire world just ignore things they don't like. But even if 99.9% of humans did that, you still have 7 million people who do not. Yet, the only reason that we're still talking about this event three weeks later is because it just doesn't happen on a regular basis. Your final statement implies that this is at least someone common place, which it absolutely isn't.

One of the problems I see, however is that some people seem to be equating calling out Chappelle's terrible opinions with him getting attacked. That's the main thing I take issue with.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

it would be ironic if the guy goes to prison and then chapelle announces a prison comedy tour

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    One of the problems I see, however is that some people seem to be equating calling out Chappelle's terrible opinions with him getting attacked. That's the main thing I take issue with.
    Why are the “opinions terrible”?

It’s not even really Chappelle’s opinions so much as it’s a subject of material he discusses.

There are some who are only hearing commentary that contains a LGBTQ theme and not hearing/seeing the bigger point of his punchline. He tried to drive it home more strongly in his last Netflix special, but it still went over the head of most.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well this same guy is likely gonna go to jail , not for attacking Dave Chappelle. No...for attempted murder on his room mate months earlier.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/19/enter...ges/index.html
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Failed attack, failed attempt at murder...this guy sucks as a villain.