Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    So it's natural to some people to immediately suspect the most vulnerable group of people without any reasonable proof. Got it.
    Lol no. But it's reasonable to think the attack is connected to his most recent controversy.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

people are still salty from his trans jokes for sure and his brother does say he has "a connection to the trans community" ( https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-n...ocked-1347518/ )

but from his brother it sounds like biggest reason is mental problems and/or medication issues. we'll see at the trial!

BANNED

Obviously one should not physically attack anyone else.

But what bothers me is that people are already forming their own conclusions that he was attacked because of his opinions about trans people. Why would anyone think that? He's a comedian who doesn't care whom he hurts, so he could have pissed a lot of people for many reasons, or the reason could be something completely unrelated to his comedy, as seems to be the case if this is a homeless person with mental issues.

Does everyone need to automatically start blaming trangender people and their advocates? Don't they have enough problems on their own?
    I wish every trans person had bodyguards like Chappelle did here, they would not get attacked and murdered so often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Trans are the people who Dave pissed off the most so it's natural to think the attack could be related to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Lol no. But it's reasonable to think the attack is connected to his most recent controversy.
    Agreed with the explanation here. It's not about laying blame at the trans community or its allies, it's just a reasonable assumption one can come to before looking into the facts.

Namely, that he's a homeless man and unfortunately many homeless folk tend to either be mentally ill, have addiction problems, or both. Part of the impact of ignoring and mistreating those groups (also be sure to say "hi" to a depressingly large number of them who are veterans).

When you have those issues (one or the other, or again both) there might be no motivation at all or as flimsy of one as you can imagine. If he said (or will say) that it's about trans issues, or his open opposition to affordable housing in the town he owns many businesses in (like Chapman, could feel betrayed by a former hero who has "changed"), or because he read online Dave was a reptilian who trafficked children in underground tunnels connecting Disney to Epstein island the true answer is likely he did it because he has deep mental issues.

The felony assault charge has been dropped.
    Seems they couldn’t come up with enough evidence to prove intent with the weapon, and I don’t believe a single punch was thrown.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Seems they couldn’t come up with enough evidence to prove intent with the weapon, and I don’t believe a single punch was thrown.
    Well he had a knife blade and the situation could have went worse really had no one been there to respond. It would have been a bad situation had security , Rock and Foxx all not responded quick.

Now on one hand I believe this guy needs mental help and should get that. They should look at getting this man some help and he needs time there for it. The other is turning this guy loose so soon could backfire on someone else this dude gets angry at. They may not be as lucky as Dave Chappelle was and things go worse.

In all I think there should be a push he get help 1st. Because he could attack someone else.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Since the next person probably won’t have security guards, that a definite possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    He jumped on stage with the weapon…that’s not enough intent? good grief…

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Chapelle isn't happy the charges were dropped. His lawyer wants the attacker charged will a felony.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...192743847.html

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Chapelle isn't happy the charges were dropped. His lawyer wants the attacker charged will a felony.

Its clear ...the guy brandished a weapon and was kicked out of his hands. He attacked Chappelle for gentrification of a neighborhood ? WTF ?

Chappelle further revealed he was able to convince police to let him speak with Lee before the suspect was carted off to a hospital in custody. The comedian said Lee appeared to be mentally disturbed and told him he was trying to draw attention to the problem of gentrification in his grandmother’s Brooklyn neighborhood.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

The attacker isn't getting charged because Gascon is a lunatic and should never have been elected.

Ultimate Member

It's crazy the guy isn't being persecuted.

Obviously the guy is a threat to people, so why is he being let loose? To attack and hurt to other people??

So it turned out that it wasn't an angry trans person or activist who attacked him because of his transphobia. What a surprise. (/sarcasm off)

Not that it will keep angry righwingers from claiming that a comedian can't make any offensive jokes anymore, without being afraid for their life.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's crazy the guy isn't being persecuted.

Obviously the guy is a threat to people, so why is he being let loose? To attack and hurt to other people??
    Because Gascon (DA) is a nutcase who cares more about criminals than their victims. Jackie Lacey was the better option, but BLM demanded she go away because she still wanted to prosecute criminals and Garcetti and Newsom endorsed Gascon because they're cowards who have made people flee CA in droves. And they have consistently made it harder to prosecute with crimes getting downgraded from felonies and so on.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So it turned out that it wasn't an angry trans person or activist who attacked him because of his transphobia. What a surprise. (/sarcasm off)
    According to the attacker, he did because he was triggered by Dave's jokes on LGBT and the homeless. He identities as Bi

https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/st...88847310475265

Welp

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicalComics View Post
    Because Gascon (DA) is a nutcase who cares more about criminals than their victims. Jackie Lacey was the better option, but BLM demanded she go away because she still wanted to prosecute criminals and Garcetti and Newsom endorsed Gascon because they're cowards who have made people flee CA in droves. And they have consistently made it harder to prosecute with crimes getting downgraded from felonies and so on.
    I don't think caring about criminals is necessarily a bad thing. In fact, I'd argue that the victim doesn't really matter in the whole equation. They have already been victimized. It's not like any form of prosecution can undo the previous actions. Should this guy have been prosecuted? I don't know. Probably, but I try not to form opinions about individual cases that A) I'm sure I don't have all the facts of and B) ultimately don't affect me.

According to the attacker, he did because he was triggered by Dave's jokes on LGBT and the homeless. He identities as Bi

Welp
    And...? I don't understand your point. Unless you're looking at painting the entire LGBT community by the actions of one person.

Welp
    That's hardly an excuse. If everybody attacked anyone who offended them, nobody would ever stop fighting.

Whatever happened to "I don't like this so I'm going to avoid it,"? Do people not do that anymore?