With a heart thats true I'll give to you
    Tulips from Amsterdam
    I can't wait until the day you fill
    These eager arms of mine
    Like the windmill keeps on turning
    That's how my heart keeps on yearning
    For the day I know we can share these
    Tulips from Amsterdam

Is Dinah the only professional florist to have had her own comic book?
    Last edited by foxley; 05-05-2022 at 12:29 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Unfortunately, Doom would suffer from an allergic reaction to the flowers!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-04-2022 at 09:35 PM.

To one of my favorite comic moms:

Every day is a gift, not a given right.

We're all focused on this mother's flowers. Yes, clearly, the roses are where our eyes go.

(Cover is Dawn: Lucifer's Halo TPB)
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A little flowery humor at Veronica’s expense:

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-05-2022 at 12:48 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I wonder about that title "Flower Love"...did the writer just get the "flower power" and "free love" terms mixed up? Or they want to use "free love" and the editor thought it was too controversial and "flower love" was the closest substitute?

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I wonder about that title "Flower Love"...did the writer just get the "flower power" and "free love" terms mixed up? Or they want to use "free love" and the editor thought it was too controversial and "flower love" was the closest substitute?
    Yes, it could be that the writer didn't really know the terms or mixed them up...or perhaps the writer just wanted a way to grab a reader's attention and thought a catchy phrase on the cover would do the trick. The cover is a replica of the story's opening splash panel, but the splash has different dialogue, with the protagonist Elena saying she wants to stay so she can "go on studying universal love."

In the story itself, high school student Elena runs away from home and joins a hippie commune in Greenwich Village. The bearded guy is the leader. Some of the hippies hold flowers or have a flower tattoo, but there's no actual mention of "flower love." The only textual mention of "flower" is when Elena notes that "everyone is friendly and the talk is bright and clever! The flower is their symbol of love and freedom." But what is shown is a lot of young people lying around in a big living space that is devoid of furniture, the shower's broken, there's not much money for food, etc. In the end, Elena returns to her home town, her parents and and her blond clean-cut boyfriend.
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 05-07-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    Yes, it could be that the writer didn't really know the terms or mixed them up...or perhaps the writer just wanted a way to grab a reader's attention and thought a catchy phrase on the cover would do the trick. The cover is a replica of the story's opening splash panel, but the splash has different dialogue, with the protagonist Elena saying she wants to stay so she can "go on studying universal love."

In the story itself, high school student Elena runs away from home and joins a hippie commune in Greenwich Village. The bearded guy is the leader. Some of the hippies hold flowers or have a flower tattoo, but there's no actual mention of "flower love." The only textual mention of "flower" is when Elena notes that "everyone is friendly and the talk is bright and clever! The flower is their symbol of love and freedom." But what is shown is a lot of young people lying around in a big living space that is devoid of furniture, the shower's broken, there's not much money for food, etc. In the end, Elena returns to her home town, her parents and and her blond clean-cut boyfriend.
    This cover has unsettling cult vibes to me… Good there’s a happy ending for Elena.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I keep thinking this was a miscommunication between editor and artist.
    "The Joker has a squirting flower."

"The Joker as a squirting flower, gotcha, chief."

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!