Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Gijoe the movie 1987 heading to theatres at last!

It's not a direct to video film anymore! Gijoe heads to theatres in june thanks to fathom events! Now if we can get the never released to theatres but planned thundercats ho the movie to theatres we will be all set!

Anyone going to see "cobra-lalala" and sgt slaughter on the big screen?

https://www.fandango.com/gi-joe-the-...movie-overview

Last edited by Gaastra; 05-27-2022 at 06:33 AM.

One of the best animated intros of all time .

I've never seen it.

At long last, Nemesis Enforcer can finally become the breakout star he was meant to be.

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-06-2022 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Astonishing Member

I've always thought this need to be in theatres. Glad it's getting a run.

It was made for theatres, but my little pony and transformers bombed at the box office and it was shoved to video. (and sold well) Backlash from primes death forced them to add a line "he has gone into a coma" afterwords even though it's clear from the scene he was killed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It was made for theatres, but my little pony and transformers bombed at the box office and it was shoved to video. (and sold well) Backlash from primes death forced them to add a line "he has gone into a coma" afterwords even though it's clear from the scene he was killed.
    The Robotech Movie was another that failed after a trial run and that was due to scenes of near rape, people being run over by cars and a character getting shot point blank in the head. Parents pulled kids out of theatres with that one.

The mid 80s and animated films just did not mix for a period there.

Extraordinary Member

Looking back, it's hilarious how hard all those toy companies took it when they realized killing off major characters for new toys was a poor idea.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

The Robotech Movie was another that failed after a trial run and that was due to scenes of near rape, people being run over by cars and a character getting shot point blank in the head. Parents pulled kids out of theatres with that one.
    Yup it was a dud also. Ironic robotech the movie was a huge hit overseas in theatres and europe got vhs, laserdisc and soundtracks from it.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Also funny out of transformers, gobots, robotech (well the first movie. They did two more macross films later) and bravestarr only he-man had a hit film in american theatres in the 80s. Secret of the sword did so well it's one of the reasons they made the live movie later. (and we all know how that went!) He-man made $7.5 m (80s money) on a $2m budget! Still they can't beat care bears movies $34m and smurfs and the magic flutes $19m box office!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Yup it was a dud also. Ironic robotech the movie was a huge hit overseas in theatres and europe got vhs, laserdisc and soundtracks from it
    The 1984 Macross "do you remember love?" movie sure was a huge hit.

Never heard of any robotech movie back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    The 1984 Macross "do you remember love?" movie sure was a huge hit.

Never heard of any robotech movie back then.
    I know, right?! Glad to hear it was a success elsewhere. Hope it gets brought back someday.

BANNED

Can anyone explain to me why Do You Remember Love wasn't adapted as Robotech The Movie and instead choose to adapt that weird mish mash between Robotech Masters and Megaroad? It even had a rape attempt if I am not mistaken.

Here you go.