Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

This movie had the most impressive animation I have ever seen on the entire Sunbow franchise apart the extremely beautifully animated Call Of the Primitives from the Transformers.
    It's not just the intro. Take a look at the scene where Beachead trains with Jinx. Realistic, almost human movenments.
    I also like the more mature tone they took.
    I like Serpentor but I do admit he Is a flawed leader. However, we do have to give him credit for managing to strike at the very heart and soul of the team when he wounded Duke.
    Sadly, this movie was a flop back in the day and it makes me sad. It was also critisized for the Cobra-La society. They even critisized the fact Serpentor's battlecry... Oh Please!
    It's one of these cases where I think we deserve movies like Snake Eyes and most of the Bayformers.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 05-17-2022 at 05:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Here you go.

Oh, I could never have guessed there were legal issues.
    Thanks for sharing!

Extraordinary Member

This movie is so frustrating on so many levels. I know Hasbro was trying to sell action figures, but I'm confident that a whole better movie could've been spun out just from that intro compared t what we got.

For those who haven't already seen it, I recommend GI Joe Resolute, which originally started as a series of shorts written by Warren Ellis (yes, that Warren Ellis) on Adult Swim, but eventually was assembled into a full-length. You can find the whole thing officially released on YouTube.

It's literally everything I've ever wanted GI Joe to be.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Never wanted a bloody death spree cursing gijoe cartoon so i'll pass.

Gijoe the movie was a odd film however i agree.

For what it's worth, Resolute certainly had its moments (IMHO):

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

And while, yes, the Snake-Eyes parts were my favorite, the whole rest of it is entirely worth the time (and more), too! The Duke and Scarlet mission, Tunnel Rat setting a bomb off in space, the Gung-Ho and Roadblock mission...they were all awesome!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Wasn't one of the bigger issues the radical change from "GI Joe fighting Snake themed terrorists" to "GI Joe fighting weird Atlantean Snake Monster-Men and Cobra was them all along"

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

They only thing I didn't care for as much was making Storm Shadow so awful.

spoilers:
    so will they update the dialogue to say that Duke died?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They addressed that in the special features. If they would've had a lengthier running time (or an entire series) they probably would've made Storm Shadow a little more three-dimensional (one of the only things the live action Snake-Eyes got right). Seeing as they only had 58 minutes, I can see why they went the route that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Watching it, I sure got the impression that Warren Ellis hated Snake Eyes and ninjas in general

Extraordinary Member

Remember when Falcon smacked Jinx’s butt, and said he could kiss it to make it feel better.
    You won’t find the protagonist doing stuff like that nowadays, let alone in a cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    They addressed that in the special features. If they would've had a lengthier running time (or an entire series) they probably would've made Storm Shadow a little more three-dimensional (one of the only things the live action Snake-Eyes got right). Seeing as they only had 58 minutes, I can see why they went the route that they did.
    Just needed an excuse for the ninja fight .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Watching it, I sure got the impression that Warren Ellis hated Snake Eyes and ninjas in general
    Hmm...I'm not disputing that in the least, but I'd have to rewatch it to be sure (which is likely to happen in at least a few weeks from now, anyway).