Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just needed an excuse for the ninja fight .
    I mean, I'm pretty sure that's it. Ellis is certainly more than capable of writing three-dimensional villains.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I am excited for this.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I remember not really liking it as a kid. Felt like too big a departure from the tone of the series.

Wasn't thrilled with Optimus' death in TRANSFORMERS, but the movie was better than GI JOE. Unicron was cooler than Cobra-la-la. Or at least that's how I remember it from the time--I haven't revisited either since.

The show had shipwreck in a ship in the desert, mermaids, clones melting, sea serpents and joes shrinking to bug size, joes turning into kids and a castle of monsters.

It's not that far off as you think! The comics on the other hand--

Also don't forget gijoe is in the same universe as jem, inhumanoids, transformers, mask and it's spin-off, cops and maybe even the spider-man 80s cartoon and 80s hulk cartoon!

Lots of monsters, robots, and super heroes in this world!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The show had shipwreck in a ship in the desert, mermaids, clones melting, sea serpents and joes shrinking to bug size, joes turning into kids and a castle of monsters.

It's not that far off as you think! The comics on the other hand--

Also don't forget gijoe is in the same universe as jem, inhumanoids, transformers, mask and it's spin-off, cops and maybe even the spider-man 80s cartoon and 80s hulk cartoon!

Lots of monsters, robots, and super heroes in this world!
    Ha, yeah I get that. It just felt like the retcon was a bridge too far, like it lost a bit of the grounding it needed to make the wilder concepts work.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I remember not really liking it as a kid. Felt like too big a departure from the tone of the series.

Wasn't thrilled with Optimus' death in TRANSFORMERS, but the movie was better than GI JOE. Unicron was cooler than Cobra-la-la. Or at least that's how I remember it from the time--I haven't revisited either since.
    jesus, what kind of kid thinks that way??

i loved it, just wished it was more about the characters i liked and less about the new characters. i dug tunnel rat though.