Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I clearly read that scene wrong. No way did I think Selene had transmuted the actual gateway made up of her fellow Externals into that living Beast. Was that her mutant powers to bring inanimate objects to life in combination with her sorcery?
    And so Storm and Magneto essentially destroyed the Arakko Gateway.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Selene be mega salty and mad.
    As she should. She laid out the reasons to choose her perfectly last issue but Exodus be thinking with his Messiah boner instead of with rationale.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    As she should. She laid out the reasons to choose her perfectly last issue but Exodus be thinking with his Messiah boner instead of with rationale.
    It isn't on Exodus, the council voted for their own reasons but freely.It wasn't a landslide,if anything Hope won coz Sinister changed his vote(at a minimum it would be tie and perhaps Doug and Krakoa would weigh in). It's not like her peers don't know who she really is..her infamy is legendary.
    Last edited by Rev9; 05-10-2022 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I clearly read that scene wrong. No way did I think Selene had transmuted the actual gateway made up of her fellow Externals into that living Beast. Was that her mutant powers to bring inanimate objects to life in combination with her sorcery?
    Yup. That time in the 80s when she brought the floor to life, in order to grab Rachel by the feet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And so Storm and Magneto essentially destroyed the Arakko Gateway.
    Although it seems like Magneto and Storm eviscerated the gate, this being a Hope-centric issue ,I expect the gate to survive that attack so that Hope or the five will be the ones to undo that monstrosity to prove that Hope deserves the spot. Selene wouldn't create something that would be that easy to put down.Though we'll have to wait and see

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Although it seems like Magneto and Storm eviscerated the gate, this being a Hope-centric issue ,I expect the gate to survive that attack so that Hope or the five will be the ones to undo that monstrosity to prove that Hope deserves the spot. Selene wouldn't create something that would be that easy to put down.Though we'll have to wait and see
    I tend to agree. She is making a point, so she wouldn’t make something that easy to put down. It’s a point the council has to consider.

BANNED

It isn't on Exodus, the council voted for their own reasons but freely.It wasn't a landslide,if anything Hope won coz Sinister changed his vote(at a minimum it would be tie and perhaps Doug and Krakoa would weigh in). It's not like her peers don't know who she really is..her infamy is legendary.
    I think Hope basically threatening a riot if she didn’t get the seat is why voted for her. But they didn’t consider what Selene would do to make a point. Because at that point Selene said if Hope can threaten the council without consequence so can I. The QC set a bad precedent with Hope.

At any rate they should give Selene a seat on the QC.

Doesn’t Sinister get found out and put in the hole? They don’t need him t maintain the DNA. Beast, Forge, and others can do that. Or bring in Ms. Sinister and let her do that.

Astonishing Member

I don't know that the solution to Sinister is to swap him out for a different version of Sinister....

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I tend to agree. She is making a point, so she wouldn’t make something that easy to put down. It’s a point the council has to consider.
    I mean the magical Kaijus from ToM where also invincible until Wanda herself showed.

So yeah it totally makes sense that Selene did the same here. It would reinforce her point how lacking they are when it comes to magic and how to defend against it
    Last edited by Galerion; 05-12-2022 at 01:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think Hope basically threatening a riot if she didn’t get the seat is why voted for her. But they didn’t consider what Selene would do to make a point. Because at that point Selene said if Hope can threaten the council without consequence so can I. The QC set a bad precedent with Hope.

At any rate they should give Selene a seat on the QC.

Doesn’t Sinister get found out and put in the hole? They don’t need him t maintain the DNA. Beast, Forge, and others can do that. Or bring in Ms. Sinister and let her do that.
    Sinister will be booted off the council in due course(hopefully sooner than later) but I don't think Hope's 'threat' was perceived that way, it was common sense because the 5 are the keystone of Krakoa and have no representation.While Selene made a point , trusting her with resurrections is dangerous because sure she can do it,but then she can spell everyone to follow her whim like White Sword. Selene doesn't do altruism.So I say QC made the right call ,but for the drama I do see Selene replacing Sinister

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think resurrection will be a part of the solution. Either Coven Akkaba betray and murder Selene and Hope and the Five revive her so she acquiesces to the council's decision, or Hope and the Five resurrect the Externals who were sacrificed to make the gate and that neutralizes the monster.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think resurrection will be a part of the solution. Either Coven Akkaba betray and murder Selene and Hope and the Five revive her so she acquiesces to the council's decision, or Hope and the Five resurrect the Externals who were sacrificed to make the gate and that neutralizes the monster.
    You have a very sound idea, because Sinister teased that Hope's inclusion will precipitate 'disaster' ..if he is to be believed(we'll have to wait and see if Destiny concurs) then it is likely the latter.I think Hope and the 5 may pacify the monster with this proposition and they will keep resurrecting externals to fulfil the pledge ,but that may backfire once those guys are loose..Interesting and tantalising especially as this idea fits into the larger conflict with the Eternals ,as Externals can prove to be powerful allies in the war...will we see this happen? Unlikely..though I hope I'm wrong.

Astonishing Member

You have a very sound idea, because Sinister teased that Hope's inclusion will precipitate 'disaster' ..if he is to be believed(we'll have to wait and see if Destiny concurs) then it is likely the latter.I think Hope and the 5 may pacify the monster with this proposition and they will keep resurrecting externals to fulfil the pledge ,but that may backfire once those guys are loose..Interesting and tantalising especially as this idea fits into the larger conflict with the Eternals ,as Externals can prove to be powerful allies in the war...will we see this happen? Unlikely..though I hope I'm wrong.
    To be fair, Sinister also spent half of last issue panicking because he was already wrong about how Selene reacted.....which means his data about Hope's inclusion leading to disaster could be similarly tainted or misinterpreted.

Put me down as being in the camp that hopes this gets resolved by the four Externals being resurrected/having their essences yoinked free of the monster, because I always liked the Externals, and three of those four in particular (Candra, Nicodemus and Saul, Krule can die in a fire, resurrect, and keep doing it over and over again). Also, I will be enormously entertained if the next time a Council seat opens up (like say, Sinister's), the QC votes in Saul as a huge **** you to Selene, given that he's an expert on magic as well. The pettiness of that one act could fuel a thousand vindictive Selene arcs.

If Saul or ano eXternal is voted on the QC The moment... The. Moment. they feel safe Selene will emerge from the shadows to suck out theur life essence
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    If Saul or ano eXternal is voted on the QC The moment... The. Moment. they feel safe Selene will emerge from the shadows to suck out theur life essence
    Then they can resurrect and kill Selene? She doesn’t have a whole lot of options for keeping them down, especially if using their soul to fuel some Otherworld gate wouldn’t do the trick.