Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    This doesn't make sense.

Why did Hickman said he resurrected Petra and Sway in X-Men vol.5 #8 when they were just energy constructs? Is he trying to correct his own mistakes?

So does that mean that Cerebro could only resurrect mutants that was still alive from Krakoa reboot era?
    You do know Hickman isn't writing this book right?

Astonishing Member

I’m not the biggest Hickman fan, but this make perfect sense to me, not sure what the problem is? It didn’t make sense that Petra and sway could have been resurrected (because it was before cerebro) so hallucinations ( now retconned to energy constructs) work much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    As much as I would like to see Petra and Sway done “right”, I’m more excited about possibly bringing Changeling back. I would love to have him become the Morph that we all know he has the potential in becoming in 616…
    I really want them to resurrect Changeling too. He should keep the psionic powers in addition to his morphing ability.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Fantastic Member

One thing I wonder ever since the X-Men issue with Vulcan, Sway and Petra, and now seeing this preview is — where is Darwin? He was the fourth member of their squad and should be present during their reunion.

And it is kind of ridiculous what Xavier decided to use telepathy on Vulcan. Given their history, he should be the last person to try it. Jean or Rachel would have better chances since they all were living together in Summers House.

I also wonder if Vulcan would ever reunite with Deathbird and their child.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    One thing I wonder ever since the X-Men issue with Vulcan, Sway and Petra, and now seeing this preview is — where is Darwin? He was the fourth member of their squad and should be present during their reunion.

And it is kind of ridiculous what Xavier decided to use telepathy on Vulcan. Given their history, he should be the last person to try it. Jean or Rachel would have better chances since they all were living together in Summers House.

I also wonder if Vulcan would ever reunite with Deathbird and their child.
    Darwin is in the Vault. (See Hickman's X-Men #5, #18-19)
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I hope Duggan dedicates an issue to saving him. That can put an end to the vault arc.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

My one complaint is Scott just being right there and not saying anything as Xavier just arrogantly bulldozes past Vulcan's perfectly reasonable demand that a telepath get the hell out of his head and not touch anything if he didn't invite them or give them permission to do that. Like I get that its been years and Scott and Xavier have largely settled their differences, I mean hell, Scott did even kill him lol let's be real.....buuuuuut given how rightfully pissed Scott was about the reveal of everything Xavier had done in Deadly Genesis, I would expect Xavier's behavior towards Vulcan to still be something of a sore spot.

Idk, I just think there's room for Scott to be wary of Gabe and everything he's done, but still also like "Hey Charles, you are the last person who needs to feel proprietary about going rummaging through one of my brothers' brain without giving a fuck whether they want or trust you in there or not."

Of course I can see why they'd be concerned about Gabe's mental state, and even that somehow he needed to reconcile his mind with the truth about Petra and Sway if they were on the verge of bringing back the real Petra and Sway - who would not be likely to act according to the script his mind had been writing for their 'ghosts' - and I also think its completely in character for Xavier to be like "well this is simply a problem that needs to be fixed, and why wouldn't I of course be capable of fixing it myself"....

Literally my only objection is that as others have said there are a number of other telepaths who could have tried this instead, and its a bit off-putting IMO that Scott was just like "Yeah sure, let's just put my brother's mental health in the hands of the one man he hates and distrusts over all others and has NEVER had a good reaction to, largely BECAUSE of how Xavier's entitlement has shaped the course of Gabe's life, as well as the fact that historically, Xavier has never really given that much of a crap about either Gabe's mental health or like....his very existence. Yeah, sure, no this is totally fine. Extremely reasonable. No conflicts of interest dedicated. Please proceed with this plan that will no doubt go off without a hitch, smooth like butter."

I cant imagine bring in that New Mutants class thAt "Petra" taught. High likely Vulcans constructs start to fade the longer/further they are away from him. The students prob looked terrified as 'Petra' glitched out.

Proof thAt once again its waaay too easy to become a teacher on KraKoa
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I cant imagine bring in that New Mutants class thAt "Petra" taught. High likely Vulcans constructs start to fade the longer/further they are away from him. The students prob looked terrified as 'Petra' glitched out.

Proof thAt once again its waaay too easy to become a teacher on KraKoa
    Well she never appeared again after issue 14 of New Mutants. Too bad really. I loved her…er, it’s new costume.

CDB561DC-79AB-4127-AFDF-0962B279D575.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

On the other hand, this particular focus for Vulcan's direction has me very hopeful that the real Sway and Petra will be making their way to Arakko/appearing in this book in the near future, even if only to look up their old buddy Gabe and be like "hey, dude, we would like to have WORDS with you. About like, copyright infringement vis a vis your illegal and frankly plagiaristic use of our personages and all that."

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    On the other hand, this particular focus for Vulcan's direction has me very hopeful that the real Sway and Petra will be making their way to Arakko/appearing in this book in the near future, even if only to look up their old buddy Gabe and be like "hey, dude, we would like to have WORDS with you. About like, copyright infringement vis a vis your illegal and frankly plagiaristic use of our personages and all that."
    This makes me think what about Darwin.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Wasn't he killed though so is eligible for ressurection?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Wasn't he killed though so is eligible for ressurection?
    He was brought back with Laura and Synch when they returned.

Both Laura and Darwin are crawling out of their eggs in Xmen #19.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-06-2022 at 08:46 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    My one complaint is Scott just being right there and not saying anything as Xavier just arrogantly bulldozes past Vulcan's perfectly reasonable demand that a telepath get the hell out of his head and not touch anything if he didn't invite them or give them permission to do that. Like I get that its been years and Scott and Xavier have largely settled their differences, I mean hell, Scott did even kill him lol let's be real.....buuuuuut given how rightfully pissed Scott was about the reveal of everything Xavier had done in Deadly Genesis, I would expect Xavier's behavior towards Vulcan to still be something of a sore spot.

Of course I can see why they'd be concerned about Gabe's mental state, and even that somehow he needed to reconcile his mind with the truth about Petra and Sway if they were on the verge of bringing back the real Petra and Sway - who would not be likely to act according to the script his mind had been writing for their 'ghosts' - and I also think its completely in character for Xavier to be like "well this is simply a problem that needs to be fixed, and why wouldn't I of course be capable of fixing it myself"....
    It depends on which version of Xavier… his personality has changed along the time… he was more cautious and respectful in the past.

All right, thinking that he can resolve everything is a bias of his. But he wouldn’t have insisted at first feeling of Gabe’s distress. This one is caricatural to me.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It depends on which version of Xavier… his personality has changed along the time… he was more cautious and respectful in the past.

All right, thinking that he can resolve everything is a bias of his. But he wouldn’t have insisted at first feeling of Gabe’s distress. This one is caricatural to me.
    Oh there have definitely been softer, more ethical depictions of Xavier in the past, but given that this story is centered around Vulcan, I think it'd be stranger to have him interacting with a depiction of Xavier that tried to characterize him as substantially different from the way he was characterized in Vulcan's own literal origin story, Deadly Genesis. The Xavier in this preview is absolutely in keeping with the Xavier who erased Scott's own awareness of his younger brother's very existence and said it was for his own good....and while that particular characterization does Xavier no favors, I think it'd be pretty disingenuous (or outright pointless) to do a Vulcan story that acts like Xavier's above doing the kind of shit that's literally a big part of why Vulcan is the way he is (or at least why he's so antagonistic and distrustful when it comes to most things X-related).

*Shrugs* Like I said, its not even Xavier that I consider to be slightly off in this preview, when you frame his view of and interactions with Gabe in terms of Deadly Genesis specifically. Its Scott, who absolutely has his own reasons to keep Gabe at a distance, but still in light of his own characterization in Deadly Genesis should I think have a little more issue with Xavier appointing himself the task of psychically reorganizing Vulcan's mind to be a bit more to his liking.