Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Villain: There are so many, but just for the sake of it I'll say The Gorgon. Anytime one of my favorite comic book characters goes up against him I worry that make be their last battle. Just the ultimate badass.
    Dude! The Gorgon is the ultimate badass! I recently read Secret Warriors and Millers Wolverine for the first time and also Avengers World. He seems to kick everyone's ass. Wolverine, Elektra, Phobos, Shang-Chi, no ones safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Dude! The Gorgon is the ultimate badass! I recently read Secret Warriors and Millers Wolverine for the first time and also Avengers World. He seems to kick everyone's ass. Wolverine, Elektra, Phobos, Shang-Chi, no ones safe.
    Quoted for truth! I absolutely LOVE Shang-Chi. I wanted to see him fight the Gorgon, but I was scared at the same time lol. He's not to be f@#ked with.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-01-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Favorite Hero: Ororo Munroe aka Storm, because she's unique, powerful and very interesting!

Favorite villain: Apocalypse, he's a damn cool villain.

I never turned my back on my childhood favorites so it is still to this day Spider-Man. He's funny, has a great looking costume and is (usually) depicted as a bit of an outsider. (Wolverine is a close second, with Emma Frost, Black Cat and Daredevil rounding out the top 5.)

Fave villain is either Mr. Fear or Hobgoblin. Mr. Fear was the villain of the first Spidey book I ever bought off the stands, and because he's so C list it's easy to collect his sporadic appearances! Hobgoblin on the other hand has been the villain of some of the best Spidey stories ever and he had a great origin mystery. His costume is even cooler looking (imo) than the original Green Goblin's!

BANNED

Favorite hero: THOR. Just love him. All the epicness that can be desired from a superhero. A rogues gallery that really puts everyone else's to shame with regards to threat level and power. Best thing of all: it's a god as a superhero! Where else do you get the pre-eminent powerhouse of a company coming literally from a pantheon of gods? And no, changing origins doesn't count. Thor was the original mainstream god turned hero.

Favorite heroine: Phoenix (Jean grey) awesome power set and her personality and complexity are enthralling to me. Both thor and phoenix have that "I can beat anything and anyone but have to hold back for the sake of humanity" thing that I love. Shows restraint and control. But when they cut loose, God help you!

Villain: DR. DOOM. Design. Personality. Ego. Charisma. Badassery. Intelligence. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    Favorite hero:

Silver Surfer. Has to be one of the greatest origin stories ever told. Dude gives up his soul mate to save her and his planet. His subsequent, early stories are fraught with tragedy, not to mention the terrible anguish he bears upon learning that he has killed (presumably) billions in servitude to Galactus. With a "repentant" attitude, he spends much of his time thereafter trying to redeem himself from his past horrors....but usually trying to avoid the extreme of his past of killing an opponent...causing him to routinely hold back.

For writers who might normally not be too excited about writing a character with this level of power, Norrin's past experiences provide the perfect plot device to always hold the character in check when around obviously weaker opponents.
    Dang, forgot the Surfer. Good pick!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I love this thread, pops up every six months or so on CBR and its awesome to read.
    Indeed Nice Thread Idea DebkoX and Congratulations on its Success! =)

My Favorite Hero and intern of All Comics is: Scarlet Witch!

Wanda's European roots, coming to America and using her skills and powers as part of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, making something of herself and becoming one of Earths Greatest Female Heroes. Her love for her friends and family is a main draw of mine for her and she has one of the best and truest of Relationships in Comics with Vision. Her powers make her One-of-A-Kind, a unique hero that always is surprising and evolving. A Female Hero with a theme One-of-A-Kind of her own. She has had both kindness with her friends, but also is not afraid to speak up when she has too.

Also, as Poster Tony Stark said with his Iron Man comics, I have been collecting everyone of Scarlet Witch Appearances in 616 Comics! ;-)

My Favorite Villain is: Thanos!

Any that has read The Thanos Quest and/or The Infinity Gauntlet will know Why! ;-)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Favorite "Hero": Ares

Truth be told, I considered myself a Daredevil fan for the longest time. In fact, I have all but around 40 issues of his series, a collection which I still keep up with to this day. But while I do enjoy Daredevil's stories, I came to realize over the years that I don't really care for the character all that much. Then a few years ago, when Dark Avengers hit, I was exposed for the first time in any substantial way to Ares, and I instantly connected with his no-nonsense attitude. This spurred me to go back and read up on some of his past appearances, and it was ultimately Mike Oeming's Ares: God of War that made me a true fan. I love that he's at once a god and yet so human, being a brother, father, and son. Yet in the midst of trying to find his humanity--as much as one in his position could, of course--he's at the same time beholden to the task of being the gods' "nuclear option," as it were, for mankind's shenanigans.

His powers also fall under this dichotomy. He's extremely powerful--which is very appealing to me, as I enjoy bruisers--but while he can hold his own with some top-tier guys, he's still not quite on their level. That doesn't keep him the least bit from going right at them, however. He also wields a great arsenal of weaponry, including firearms, something that appeals to me on a personal level as a gun enthusiast, myself. Finally, he doesn't worry about killing if that's what it takes to put down a foe and win the battle. God of War, indeed.

Throw in a great look and an awesome background fueled by literally centuries of existence, and he's just too cool to beat. Man, I miss Ares.

Favorite Villain: Sabretooth

My reasoning is not nearly as deep here, as I'm not really one for the bad guys. Nevertheless, when it comes to foils, I like my villains evil, pure and simple, and that respect, this guy takes the cake. Even when he was a "good guy" (in 616, anyway), he had to be muzzled, restrained, and kept under almost constant telepathic sedation when going out into the filed with others. True to his moniker, Sabretooth is more of a wild animal than a man, and that's the main appeal for me. The best bad guys, after all, are the ones that make you want to root for your favorite hero's victory that much more than you already are.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Favorite Hero: Cyclops because I hate bullies, and his message resonates with me.

Favorite Villain: Scarlet Witch because no other character has ever pissed me off as much as she has meaning she must be one of the best villains.

Favorite Character: Magik because she is fun
    Saved me the effort I feel the same way.

My #1 hero is Captain America, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's ever conversed with me on these boards.

My #1 villain is a tough one...hrm...Thanos, Ultron, or Crossbones (really any one of these three).
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Quoted for truth! I absolutely LOVE Shang-Chi. I wanted to see him fight the Gorgon, but was scared at the same time lol. He's not to be f@#ked with.
    what's the acceptable power levels for gorgon?
    like does he kick everyone's butts?
    i didnt like him as 'wolverine' tho

Woefully_Inept

#1 Hero - Richard Rider for sure. Watching his evolution from The Human Rocket to Nova Prime is a long FUN journey.

#1 Villain - Thanos. Over the years when Thanos shows up you KNOW something big is about to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Wolverine and Iron Fist have both beaten him. Logan went berserk and Danny used Drunken Master moves.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Logan used Gorgon's powers against him to beat him, but when they first fought he killed Wolverine and resurrected him as part of the hand. Also did the same to Elektra in the same story. I heard Danny Rand beat him, but I never read the issue.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Spectacular Member rhymeswithparc's Avatar

Hero: Daredevil because he's interesting! He has one of the coolest jobs, has a disability that is crazy to think about, a great power set with a cool motif and pretty well defined code.

Villain: Magneto because he's one of the most complicated villains out there. He's very sympathetic but in many cases very evil. Also, he's super-powerful.