Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Logan used Gorgon's powers against him to beat him, but when they first fought he killed Wolverine and resurrected him as part of the hand. Also did the same to Elektra in the same story. I heard Danny Rand beat him, but I never read the issue.
    he has beaten shang chi and killed phobos right?
    definitely one of the best new villains in the last decade

Hero: Wolverine, the best there is at what he does. Haters can go swim in the sewers.

Runnerups: Thor, Daredevil, Silver Surfer, frank Castle, Jean, Cable, Scott (although he is a terrorist now,lol and jubilee

Villain: Loki, followed by Zemo, Sabretooth (the biggest bastard in the MU) and Mystique

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

#1 Hero

Rachel Grey-Summers

Why? Because she's awesome, has overcome so much hardship, has an interesting back story, very powerful, the only one to tame the Phoenix, has been in so many stories, her relationships are interesting, and she's grown so much as a character. I can't wait til the day she gets to lead her own team!

#1 Villain

Doctor Doom

Why? Because there's only Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    he has beaten shang chi and killed phobos right?
    definitely one of the best new villains in the last decade
    Yes. He did beat my boy Shang-Chi and killed Phobos. Phobos the God of Fear used his powers against Gorgon and they didn't even work on him.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

For hero, I find it hard to pin it down to just one. The Fantastic Four are still faves of mine and of the group I like Sue and Ben the most. Until OMD, I used to like to read Spidey's exploits but drifted away.

For villains, it has to be Doom. He goes back to practically the dawn of the Marvel Universe and is still going strong after all these years. Undoubtedly one of the most versatile of villains,Doom is a formidable foe who not only can draw upon his skills in both science and sorcery but has also gone toe to toe with the Hulk, the Thing and other brawlers. He's fearless and will take on gods and dozens of heroes at once if he has to. One of Marvel's most iconic covers is from Secret Wars #10 and it pretty much says it all about Doom. If he were a hero, you could describe him as courageous in battle.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-02-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

I didn't vote for Doom (figured he'd get enough love in this thread), but that cover of SW #10 is one of my favorite covers of all time
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

While Reed is without hesitance my number one favorite individual hero, at the same time, the original core Fantastic Four are my numero uno fave team, have been from the get-go two decades ago, with Ben being my second favorite, and the Storm siblings tied for third. And as I like to say time and again, they are the Fantastic FOUR, not ONE, and as I could never imagine the FF without Reed for a ridiculous length of time (I.E. at least considerably longer than Englehart and DeFalco's blights), I couldn't imagine the FF without any of the other three for a ridiculous length of time as well. So collectively, and even if it goes against the grain/what is being asked, I like the core and always best FF as a unit as much, if not *gasp* possibly more-so than just Reed.

As for #1 villain...well, it's most definitely Doom for me. Victor is the Yin to my #1 hero's Yang and makes for what is also my #1 favorite MU rivalry. And although he's predominantly a FF villain, Doom has pretty much challenged the entire MU at one point or another. But, as with his utmost sworn enemies, when Doom is written/handled right, he is darn difficult to beat. The following is from what I feel is the epitome of that in FF #236...

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Favorite Hero: Superman
    Favorite Villain: Darkseid

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Hero...

Villain...

Give this man a beer.

My answer for fav here and villain would be Thanos.

All-New Member Gary Alexander Stott's Avatar

Peter Parker/Spider-Man has long been my favourite superhero. Why? Because he's a really decent guy, and a great inspiration. Sure, you could say Superman is a really decent guy, but Peter Parker is very down to Earth and - dare I say - believable. He's relatable, which makes his morality seem achievable, if that makes sense. He's a reminder to be a positive influence in the world, and not to sell out one's smarts for popularity. And he's funny too. He's got that whole thing going for him.

I like Batman too, but Bats is a tragic figure, where as Spidey is a more hopeful take on how to react to the death of a loved one, and how to honour them.

3891644-6462373289-Marve.jpg

As for villains, it's gotta be the Joker, right? Who else is that psychologically complex? There are a plethora of 'cool' villains who are pretty much good villains just because of their coolness, like Venom, but you need depth to be a great villain. Mr Freeze is a great example of that.

The_Joker_-_New_52.jpg

I'd also like to give a shout-out to Shocker, the most underrated and underused villain in comics. He shouldn't be a B-lister. How he got there beats me. Many say that a criminal who only acts on professional interests is a villain that lacks depth, but I would argue that's one of his greatest strengths as a villain. The man's focused on the job at hand. If his plan was to kill Spidey instead of robbing banks or whatever, he'd do a damn good job of it because he's not emotionally invested in killing him. Plus his suit is just badass.

2213183-859947-shocker_super.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Alexander Stott View Post
    As for villains, it's gotta be the Joker, right? Who else is that psychologically complex? There are a plethora of 'cool' villains who are pretty much good villains just because of their coolness, like Venom, but you need depth to be a great villain. Mr Freeze is a great example of that.

The_Joker_-_New_52.jpg
    Thanos, Doom, Magneto, Helmut Zemo, Galactus, Kang,.... There are more than enough characters just as or more complex than the Joker.

Niffleheim

Favorite Heroes: Storm
    Favorite Villains: Thanos.
    Reason: Their belief system is always great to read
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-24-2020 at 02:06 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Peter Parker/Spider-Man has long been my favourite superhero. Why? Because he's a really decent guy, and a great inspiration. Sure, you could say Superman is a really decent guy, but Peter Parker is very down to Earth and - dare I say - believable. He's relatable, which makes his morality seem achievable, if that makes sense. He's a reminder to be a positive influence in the world, and not to sell out one's smarts for popularity. And he's funny too. He's got that whole thing going for him.

I like Batman too, but Bats is a tragic figure, where as Spidey is a more hopeful take on how to react to the death of a loved one, and how to honour them.

3891644-6462373289-Marve.jpg

The_Joker_-_New_52.jpg

I'd also like to give a shout-out to Shocker, the most underrated and underused villain in comics. He shouldn't be a B-lister. How he got there beats me. Many say that a criminal who only acts on professional interests is a villain that lacks depth, but I would argue that's one of his greatest strengths as a villain. The man's focused on the job at hand. If his plan was to kill Spidey instead of robbing banks or whatever, he'd do a damn good job of it because he's not emotionally invested in killing him. Plus his suit is just badass.

2213183-859947-shocker_super.jpg
    First of all, this is a thread about Marvel characters, hence it's location in the Marvel Forum
    Second, have you even read Superior Foes of Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrikishaw View Post
    Favorite Hero: Superman
    Favorite Villain: Darkseid

The_Joker_-_New_52.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    First of all, this is a thread about Marvel characters, hence it's location in the Marvel Forum.
    Seriously. Where's the Flying Fickle Finger of Fate Award when we really need it?

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Favourite Hero: MIMIC

Hero, it doesn't matter what powers he can copy or times he is beaten down.
    He will stand up and fight to protect those in need.
    Having been a villain, he's come along way to not be the strongest or most powerful, but be the best person he can be!

Favourite Villain: Phil Urich (Hobgoblin) the one and only!

Aw, Phil you crazy bastard!
    First introduced as the "Good" Green Goblin, his suit was destroyed saving the Daily Bugle.
    Damn, you can't keep a goblin down! He started wanting the power back and eventually takes it back, BIGTIME!
    Becoming the best Hobgoblin EVER!

Last edited by MIMIC616; 09-02-2014 at 11:49 AM.