Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

Best hero: For Marvel, Spider Man, can relate to the ordinary man, the reader (well, a male one) could identify with him.

Elsewhere: Kamen Rider Kabuto, aka Tendou Souji. So good at everything, cold and sure.

Best villain: For Marvel, I'd vote Apocalypse. First mutant, lived thousands of years and just nasty.

Elsewhere, Emperor Palpatine. He made Vader, smart manipulative, with some nasty powers... just nasty on a galactic scale.

All-New Member Gary Alexander Stott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    First of all, this is a thread about Marvel characters, hence it's location in the Marvel Forum
    Second, have you even read Superior Foes of Spider-Man?
    My bad!

Also, I've been meaning to! I've just started reading The Superior Spider-Man, so I'll get to that next. I've heard nothing but good things about it!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Alexander Stott View Post
    My bad!

Also, I've been meaning to! I've just started reading The Superior Spider-Man, so I'll get to that next. I've heard nothing but good things about it!
    You should try it out. It's definitely of a lighter vein than the usual hero vs villain stories. IMO it's better than the much lauded Fraction Hawkeye.

I can't say who my favourite is but it's a competition between Spider-Man(616) and Spider-Man(Miles Morales. I love their stories and the struggles that each of them go through and how they overcome them. Plus, when they meet in Spider-Men it's priceless.
    Currently reading: Daredevil(2011), Amazing Spider-Man(2014), Moon Knight(2015), and Pop Goes the Weasel(1998)

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Alexander Stott View Post
    My bad!

The series is one of the best Marvel series ever!
    But just to warn you in advance, Shocker is the coward of the gang
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post

Favorite hero:

Silver Surfer. Has to be one of the greatest origin stories ever told. Dude gives up his soul mate to save her and his planet. His subsequent, early stories are fraught with tragedy, not to mention the terrible anguish he bears upon learning that he has killed (presumably) billions in servitude to Galactus. With a "repentant" attitude, he spends much of his time thereafter trying to redeem himself from his past horrors....but usually trying to avoid the extreme of his past of killing an opponent...causing him to routinely hold back.

For writers who might normally not be too excited about writing a character with this level of power, Norrin's past experiences provide the perfect plot device to always hold the character in check when around obviously weaker opponents.
    THIS.

Couldn't have said it any better.

As far as favorite villain, it's a toss up between Thanos and Apocalypse.

Honorable mention: Magneto, however as mentioned, he can be considered more of an "anti-villain"

Favorite Hero: James Rhodes. War Machine, Iron Patriot... no matter what you call him, I've always seen him as one of true "pure" heroes in the Marvel U, right up there with Cap. I was introduced to him in the Layton/Michiline Iron Man run, and he always struck me as the everyman in a world of super heroes, striving to do good any way he can.
    Runner-ups: Iron Man (because they were the first comics I read) & Moon Knight (because he is just a great character; thanks Ellis & Shalvey for making him great again!)

Favorite Villain: FIN FANG FOOM!!!! Pure Kirby awesome, with or without the purple trunks. I can't really explain my fixation with the character, I just love him.
    Runner-up: Mandarin. Once again, don't know why, I just always thought he was a great character who had a lot of potential.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Wiccan, Moonstone & Daken

FAVOURITE HERO: Wiccan [William 'Billy' Kaplan], the Demiurge
    Created: Young Avengers #1, 2005
    Finest Hour: having the power and opportunity to change the fabric of reality and choosing not to.
    Perfect Partner: Teddy Altman. Anyone who says otherwise hates joy, life and kittens!
    Ultimate Fight: vs. MoM (the final showdown)
    "I became a fan when..." Billy hug the Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Children's Crusade. It is one of the sweetest images in comic history. I've always had a soft spot for Billy. He's the closest to "me" I've found in a comic character (maybe not now, my ass is 29 years old now) but when he debuted I was close to his age, and it connected. He's kind and means well and loves his boyfriend and his friends and his family, and always sees the best in people. So while I've always loved Billy, it wasn't until Avengers: Children's Crusade that he became one of my favourite (a feeling solidified by Gillen's INCREDIBLE Young Avengers series)

FAVOURITE ANTI-HERO: Moonstone [Dr. Karla Sofen]
    Created: Incredible Hulk #228, 1978
    Finest Hour: taking over Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel comic and kicking ass solo style!
    Perfect Partner: Clint Barton. He brought out the very best in her, without ever asking her to change.
    Ultimate Fight: vs. Baron Zemo. She OWNED his ass!!!
    "I became a fan when..." Karla dived at Zemo and Techno, taking a massive blast to her body, yet kept going. It was just such a bad-ass, stubborn, daring move. She was the last one standing, and she wasn't going to loose.

FAVOURITE VILLAIN: Daken Akihiro
    Created: Wolverine Origins #10, 2007
    Finest Hour: killing the Punisher, a feat no-one else has ever managed
    Perfect Partner: Johnny Storm. Whether it's BFF or just some DL exchanges, these guys are great together
    Ultimate Fight: Daken vs. Frankencastle. It was brutal!
    "I became a fan when..." Daken pushed Bullseye's buttons ohhh so easily. The entire Liu/Way Dark Wolverine run was chock full of homoerotic goodness, from flirting and mocking Ares in the gym, hitting on Lester, hitting on Venom and making Johnny question his sexuality... it was all brilliant.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-03-2014 at 02:43 AM.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I love this thread, pops up every six months or so on CBR and its awesome to read.

My favourite hero is Captain America, I love the entire idea of him, someone who fights for good (Hear me out) it may seem cliched but he is honestly my favourite, not to mention he has some of the best stories, creative teams and allies! (Falcon, Agent 13, Bucky! Natasha!) I love Captain A.

Villain:
    EDIT:

Upon thinking, I'm going to say that my favourite villain is Ultron.
    It must be him, he's awesome.
    And thank you for recreating it DebkoX (an aside, I always enjoy your signatures.)

Okay,

For me,

#1 Bucky Barnes: he's had quite a trajectory over the past decade. And while I've come to really loathe the idea of him going cosmic; he is perfectly portrayed by Sebastian Stan in the movies so it's all good.

#2 Hero: Steve Rogers/Captain America. The person he is really appeals to me. Props to Brubaker and Chris Evans for a pitch perfect performance. I really love these versions of Cap (and some of the earlier stuff too.) And I agree with DebkoX as far as his support cast. Fantastic. He and Bucky are the two MCU characters I will watch in almost any film, no questions asked.

Villain: Mister Sinister. Gillen really made him pop for me, such an interesting and obsessed character.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 09-03-2014 at 08:19 AM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

#1 Moon Knight: He's bada**. His stories are usually really top notch. He's bada**. I've liked him since I was a kid. He kinda caught my eye.

Villian: Probably either Thanos or Magneto. Thanos because I like his backstory/origin and he's got some awesome stories. And Magneto because basically some reason as Thanos.

Remove Wanda immediately. She is one of the longest running and prominent members of the Avengers. The real villain during her breakdown was Brian Michael Bendis. She should be sympathized, not scorned.

Anyways this poll is a no brainer, its only one of the greatest villains in comics...ULTRON!

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man, and i dont have to explain what makes him the best

Anti-Hero: Deadpool

Villain: I dont know, maybe Thanos or Madcap?

Fantastic Member

Favourite Hero: Thor. Mostly because I was a Norse Mythology nerd before I was a comics nerd, and also the first two things of him I read were the arc post-Civil War where he returns and beats the crap out of Iron Man, followed by the Simonsen run (the whole damn thing.)

Favourite villain: Dr Doom. Mostly because he can be involved in any scheme against any hero (and most villains) and it would be completely in character. Science and magic combined in one vainglorious, bombastic package.

Radar Sense Bitches !! Matt Murdock's Swagger's Avatar

Favorite Hero :

He's the Man without Fear plus he looks cool !
    followed closely by:

Favorite Villain:

The Guy with a Poleaxe FrostyFlakes's Avatar
    Just messing around in the Helicarrier...

Favorite Hero: If you can't tell from my avatar, posts and the art stuff I've been flinging over at an Appreciation Thread; it's Captain America even though I'm one of those shy fanboys. Okay, time to explain; Sure, other people might say he's cliche and boring but he was the right hero to look up to for me. I mean, JUST LOOK AT HIM. He used to be some frail kid and became one of the greatest heroes; he started small and became big at the end; being a great Leader/Tactician. Aside from that, he has the right personality for me in my books; he may be kicking those villains like no tomorrow but outside of battle; he's such a sweetheart and also stands for what is right! Also, thanks to MCU; I ended up liking him more because we both have a mutual dislike of bullies.

Sometimes, I just can't help imagining him being an older sibling mentor figure to me; I'm actually a pretty anxious, over-thinking, over-worrying and hesitant individual and he has the personality to actually make me crawl out of my shell and make me be less afraid for a bit.

Runner-Ups: Cyclops (90's X-Men animation Yo!), Jean Grey (Again, 90's X-Men), Bucky (Totally kickass!), Human Torch (Stop making me laugh you crazy man, you!) and Wasp (Preferably her Earth's Mightiest Heroes incarnate)

Favorite Villain: The closest one I can think of is... DR. DOOM because DOOM says it so otherwise he will turn me into a heaping pile of ashes.

Runner-Ups: Apocalypse and Thanos
    Last edited by FrostyFlakes; 09-04-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    Brave Bear Bunny (SHSO) l Agent Tacitus (MAA)
    Signature Hero: Captain America
    "Anyone up for a game of Vibranium Frisbee?"