Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Dr. Strange 2 (spoilers)

I have thoughts.

I will watch this again but I don't like what they did with Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I have thoughts.

She basically did a NO MORE WANDA PARENT EXCEPT ME sort of thing.

We already have a discussion thread for this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    We already have a discussion thread for this film.
    This is one we don't have to use spoiler tags for.

Anyways, saw the movie and I liked it a lot. Did not expect Wanda to be the main villain so that was a surprise. I was hoping she could somehow be redeemed because I like her character but nope! I do wonder how they're going to bring the twins into the MCU proper, as I thought that's what was going to happen in this film.

I wish they hadn't nerfed America so much because I like her flight and super-strength.

Astonishing Member

I didn't think the movie was flawless and I'm not a Marvel movie fan in general but the horror fan in me was grinning ear to ear at how much Disney and Feige let Raimi get away with for what looks like will be one of the hugest blockbusters this summer, kicking the season off also.

Jump scares? Haunted house sub-plot? Slasher-style chase sequence? Oh my!

Niffleheim

I have thoughts.

If anyone saw WandaVision and concluded that the Wanda they saw in the show and the Crazy they saw in MoM is any different then I don't know what to say. She was the most authentic character in the movie.

However every thing else I found to not be MCU, It was unentertaining and over-indulgent(in part of the director). I dislike horror movies Its use in the mcu is just meh. The Illuminati were underwhelming, uninteresting and pointless. I don't ever see myself re-watching this movie again. Hopefully it succeeds and becomes a juggernaut but Doctor Strange to me personally as an IP is a failure. Even though I like the first more than this I still don't like both of them. Infinity War was the only standout that Strange had IMO.

There wasn't even one character that I liked in this movie. None I sympathize for, they were all either villainous or uninteresting.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-06-2022 at 09:37 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

You wouldn't be the only one.

Olsen pretty much stole the show. Plus we don't know her fate yet. It was left ambiguous.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    If anyone saw WandaVision and concluded that the Wanda they saw in the show and the Crazy they saw in MoM is any different then I don't know what to say. She was the most authentic character in the movie.

However every thing else I found to not be MCU, It was unentertaining and over-indulgence(in part of the director). I dislike horror movies Its use in the mcu is just meh. The Illuminati were underwhelming, uninteresting and pointless. I don't ever see myself re-watching this movie again. Hopefully it succeeds and becomes a juggernaut but Doctor Strange to me personally as an IP is a failure. Even though I like the first more than this I still don't like both of them. Infinity War was the only standout that Strange had IMO.

There wasn't even one character that I liked in this movie. None I sympathize for, they were all either villainous or uninteresting.
    Strange probably isn't a character for you and, if you aren't a horror fan, the film likely isn't either.

The first film captured the mysticism aspect of the character and this touched upon the horror. All we need is a third film mixing the two together and we will be set.

Ultimate Member

However every thing else I found to not be MCU, It was unentertaining and over-indulgent(in part of the director). I dislike horror movies Its use in the mcu is just meh. The Illuminati were underwhelming, uninteresting and pointless. I don't ever see myself re-watching this movie again. Hopefully it succeeds and becomes a juggernaut but Doctor Strange to me personally as an IP is a failure. Even though I like the first more than this I still don't like both of them. Infinity War was the only standout that Strange had IMO.

The Illuminati were just fodder.

I was disappointed. Reed telling Wanda this guy can kill you with a whisper or something only for her to seal up his mouth and blow off his head looked ridiculous. Bad ass but ridiculous.

And Professor X, he’s died so many times on screen that it’s not even shocking anymore.

Niffleheim

The Illuminati were just fodder.

I was disappointed. Reed telling Wanda this guy can kill you with a whisper or something only for her to seal up his mouth and blow off his head looked ridiculous. Bad ass but ridiculous.

And Professor X, he’s died so many times on screen that it’s not even shocking anymore.
    The Illuminati looked horrible, The writing, directing, acting, wardrobe and makeup for the performers and their scenes were below subpar. You could tell Black Bolt and Captain Marvel were on wires flying. I thought we were done with this Fox X-Men kind of stunt nonsense.

Wong shouting during Wanda's attack at Kamataj and Mordo's pronunciation of the word Illuminati elicited a lot of derision in my theatre. It was cringe.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

The Illuminati looked horrible, The writing, directing, acting, wardrobe and makeup for the performers and their scenes were below subpar. You could tell Black Bolt and Captain Marvel were on wires flying. I thought we were done with this Fox X-Men kind of stunt nonsense.

Wong shouting during Wanda's attack at Kamataj and Mordo's pronunciation of the word Illuminati elicited a lot of derision in my theatre. It was cringe.
    I honestly don't even think they were in the same room. Not only that why did they use a CGI suit for Reed? The effects were so bad, you can see the green screen if look at Strange's hair, I mean the wigs! They were out of control, what happened to trying to hide how the magic trick works?

I loved the Illuminati getting murked, nothing wrong with subverting expectations which this movie does multiple times. Also reinforces the core themes about arrogance and hubris. Strange warned them, the Illuminati ignored him so self sure they could deal with Wanda...and died horribly for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I loved the Illuminati getting murked, nothing wrong with subverting expectations which this movie does multiple times. Also reinforces the core themes about arrogance and hubris. Strange warned them, the Illuminati ignored him so self sure they could deal with Wanda...and died horribly for it.
    You’ve got to have a council of pompous nerds who think they know it all and then just die. It’s a whole trope and we want to see it lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    You’ve got to have a council of pompous nerds who think they know it all and then just die. It’s a whole trope and we want to see it lol.
    From the moment Carter threw her shield to try and intimidate a prisoner they planned to execute I had no sympathy for them. Except for Xavier he is the only one that seems not an a hole. Reed was maybe only half of one but he was too arrogant. The other 4 just sucked as people.

Ultimate Member

Not gonna lie, I was hoping they'd reveal someone was behind Wanda. All the mentions of dreams had me prepared for Nightmare