Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Kind of funny in that some older comics the original 1940s Miss America was considered a candidate for Wanda's real mother I think, way before the Magda retcon and then the retcon of that retcon.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Back on the movie what did you all think about American Chavez? I felt like she was different from her comic book self, but in a good way.
    Hate her in the comics. Loved her in the movie. Looking forward to seeing her growth in the MCU. If she becomes the basis of a Young Avengers film, I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Personally, I thought she was a mcguffin with no character development. I'm not familiar with her comic counterpart but I knew of her.
    Ya I didn't like her.

I like comics MAC. Was indifferent to the MCU version. She was basically just there. No biting attitude. No multiversal experience where she’s been a hero to people in other realities. No flight. No superspeed. No discernible super strength.

Comics MAC was a character that stood up against Carol Danvers when Danvers went all Minority Report in Civil War 2. One who traded punches with Thanos without a second thought. Comics MAC jumped into a portal to follow her heroic mothers who were saving their world, not a scared girl who may have accidentally killed them.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 05-23-2022 at 10:33 PM.

Finally got to see it for a second time

I just really love this film. Wish there was an extra 15 mins, but I just think it’s so good. I found myself really enjoying Stephen’s journey this time around, and he feels realer to me than he ever did in previous films.

Such a great time. Can’t wait til it’s on Disney plus haha

Astonishing Member

While I liked her enough in the movie, I just thought she was rather bland compared to her comic book counterpart. Like I said, it would just be nice if they mixed it up in terms of how they portrayed their teen heroines.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I loved what this movie did for Dr. Strange, not so much for Wanda. I guess Strange needed two movies to let go of Christine and then make room for Clea. I wonder if he'll ever become Sorcerer Supreme?

I guess we can say Wanda was corrupted by the Darkhold, but it was rough seeing her turn to darkness like that after we've been following her struggle for so long. Also, if they can look into multiple realities, they should have just looked a little harder, maybe they could find a reality where Tommy and Billy's mother slipped in the bathroom and cracked her head open or something and then our Wanda can just step in like she was their real mother all along.

There was tons of fanservice, but I think I most loved Reed mentioning Franklin and Val. Kind of funny how Wanda wondered if there was someone to take care of them should Reed die when in the comics Agatha Harkness was one of Franklin's caretakers.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I like how it appears that Strange and Mordo have had run-ins with each other outside of the films; it helps it feel like a bigger universe. Also, Strange has seriously upped his fighting game.
    I liked that too. I was thinking they would put that whole subplot on hold and say Strange and Mordo got snapped and Mordo has been re-acclimating himself since, but no, Mordo is still on his quest. Maybe they'll get back to it next movie and we can see some kind of flashback to when Strange first encountered him as an enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wish they hadn't called it the 616 universe. I know WHY they did it, but I would have preferred them to call it something else and save 616 for the comics.
    I really hated that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Back on the movie what did you all think about American Chavez? I felt like she was different from her comic book self, but in a good way.
    The only thing I know about her is from the Marvel Rising movie. She was okay here, but I didn't find her all that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of funny in that some older comics the original 1940s Miss America was considered a candidate for Wanda's real mother I think, way before the Magda retcon and then the retcon of that retcon.
    And Whizzer was father of her and Pietro. I didn't realize how close that was to the introduction of Billy and Tommy. Whizzer was Wanda's father in the Vision and Scarlet Witch mini-series of the early 80's, and then it was in West Coast Avengers #52 from 1989 had the Master Pandemonium revelation about Billy and Tommy.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I finally got to see the film. However, despite my efforts to dodge info this late after release I was spoiled to the Illuminati.

I'll not make this long.
    Grade: B+

Did not know and did not approve of Wanda being the villain (yeah I know she was in House of M, started off as one). If Feige is taking Wanda through cinematic paces to parallel her comic version then I hope the up turn is now upon us.

Steven is NOT the Sorcerer Supreme yet...hmmmm.

I think I've read a hand full of books where America Chavez is present but has little to do. Was her MCU debut faithful to the comic iteration? As a character here she was alright, subsequent appearances could sell me on her better I suppose.

Bruce Campbell....nice to get him in there Sam Raimi!!

Clea!!! Wait, he still has the third eye?! That's not going to end well is it? Speaking of.....when do I get Doctor Strange 3 Mr. Feige??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Everyone always hates it whan heroes turn into villains I don't know why?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Everyone always hates it whan heroes turn into villains I don't know why?
    Because we liked the heroine?

Not like they made up Wanda for this movie. She'd been in a few movies and shows prior

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because we liked the heroine?

Not like they made up Wanda for this movie. She'd been in a few movies and shows prior
    I like villains more than heros to be honest.