Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Seems to be dropping like a common Batman Vs Superman. But since I assume it will still be profitable and one of the biggest movies this year, I hope Feige doesn't get any funny ideas about how they shouldn't live a little with the properties.
    the reception and backlash is not comparable to BvS. BvS there was some kind of vendetta against the film from the media and critics that felt too over the top. I will be surprised if dr strange 2 drops are as bad as BvS.

The film still has some of the strong MCU good will, although with a big question for dr strange 2 as it could have been a lot better even by the mcu formula standard.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

I think Feige should seriously reconsider Disney plus tv shows. They should not be mandatory to enjoy the movies which was not the case with Dr Strange.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I think Feige should seriously reconsider Disney plus tv shows. They should not be mandatory to enjoy the movies which was not the case with Dr Strange.
    I agree. Or, at the very least, they could have done a better recap to convey what happened emotionally

BANNED

The point I feel is MCU just needs to stop connecting everything. DC can do movies, tv shows , cartoons that are all in separate universe. unless marvel adapts this model, the issue of dr strange and Wandavision will continue in their other films.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The point I feel is MCU just needs to stop connecting everything. DC can do movies, tv shows , cartoons that are all in separate universe. unless marvel adapts this model, the issue of dr strange and Wandavision will continue in their other films.
    I think its too late for that. Even if they dont directly reference another project, with them leaning into the concept of the multiverse, everything is now connected.

Astonishing Member

I have no idea why anyone would want to change anything. This movie is at 291 million domestic after a week. The first movie made 235 million domestic in its entire run. Its going to pass Thor Ragnarok in another few days on the domestic list. This is a doctor strange movie. Anyone who doesnt see how remarkable it is for a Doctor Strange movie to be pulling in this type of money is goofy. Its like people talked about on the Box office thread. The expectations for Marvel movies now are so unrealistic its not even funny.

For a Doctor strange movie to pull in at least 800 million without China or really even Russia is remarkable. But people can write their own negative views on anything. What movie in the last few years has done better than this? One movie. Spider-man no way home. Thats it.

I think people think that we should be back in the good old days of 2018 which was a crazy box office year. But thats not happening for any movie right now. Except No way home.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 05-15-2022 at 09:56 AM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, Dr. Strange 2 is cleaning house box office wise but I'm not surprised to see it drop the way it did.

I actually mentioned earlier that the horror aspects and overall violence of the movie might not play well with general audiences. MoM is easily the most violent Marvel movie and certainly one of the most graphic PG-13 superhero movies I've ever seen, a lot of people simply didn't get what they expected.

That's the thing about giving directors free hands over a movie, the output could go either way. That's not to say it's a bad movie at all just that in this case the output probably didn't match audience expectations.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I'm wondering if MoM was an experiment to see if referencing a D+ show that heavily would make the D+ subscriptions jump as people tried to get the whole story.
    Sounds perfect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think its too late for that. Even if they dont directly reference another project, with them leaning into the concept of the multiverse, everything is now connected.
    nah it is not too late for that, they can just reboot. the multiverse stuff is cracking hard fast because for MCU they are too dependent of it, it now looks way to forced in their films.

Whereas DC at least you can breathe a good bit because you know not everything is connected.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-15-2022 at 11:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, Dr. Strange 2 is cleaning house box office wise but I'm not surprised to see it drop the way it did.

I actually mentioned earlier that the horror aspects and overall violence of the movie might not play well with general audiences. MoM is easily the most violent Marvel movie and certainly one of the most graphic PG-13 superhero movies I've ever seen, a lot of people simply didn't get what they expected.

That's the thing about giving directors free hands over a movie, the output could go either way. That's not to say it's a bad movie at all just that in this case the output probably didn't match audience expectations.
    I wonder how much free hand you think the director had here.

the violence of this film was quite goofy compared to the Raimi films. This movie's violence packs more punch because for the less cartoonish nature of it.

Dr Strange 2 is not gritty. Speaking of BvS, I would even argue that movie was more violent when Batman fought Superman.

Also Raimi Spiderman movies were not green screened from top to bottom as Dr Strange 2 and Infinity Wars. I don't think they gave Raimi all that much freedom any more than they gave Chloe Zhao from Eternals, where some people mistook cinematography of that film as a big creative freedom from marvel.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-15-2022 at 11:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

I wonder how much free hand you think the director had here.

the violence of this film was quite goofy compared to the Raimi films. This movie's violence packs more punch because for the less cartoonish nature of it.

Dr Strange 2 is not gritty. Speaking of BvS, I would even argue that movie was more violent when Batman fought Superman.

Also Raimi Spiderman movies were not green screened from top to bottom as Dr Strange 2 and Infinity Wars. I don't think they gave Raimi all that much freedom any more than they gave Chloe Zhao from Eternals, where some people mistook cinematography of that film as a big creative freedom from marvel.
    Are you sure you’ve watched Dr Strange 2?Your post here doesn’t sound like you’ve watched it at all.

The original Spider-man movies didn’t have much graphic violence at all. I’m not sure why you’re even comparing the violence in the two movies.

And which violent scene are you taking about in BvS?
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-15-2022 at 12:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Are you sure you’ve watched Dr Strange 2?Your post here doesn’t sound like you’ve watched it at all.

The original Spider-man movies didn’t have much graphic violence at all. I’m not sure why you’re even comparing the violence in the two movies.

And which violent scene are you taking about in BvS?
    Green Goblin vs Spiderman was gritty. Raimi even turned off the sound at some point so you could hear the brutal punches.

yes I saw the film one week ago, I don't deny the violence there, , what I am saying is that it was a bit cartoonish to really grip you in a way that other pg 13 films can grip you.

But then again I think this is just another reoccurring issue with marvel or let me say disney owning marvel, they dont really have much history in pushing the envelope, so maybe when they do, it feels like a big deal but when you look at it beyond what standard Disney can set or wants to push further, they still feel limited.

As I said, I think the violence would have been more effective if maybe the movie looked more grounded, the cartoonish look of the movie, does not make violence all that jarring. it tones it down.

Additionally I always wanted to say in my review but I kept on forgetting, I did not like the america chavez fighting style with Wanda. it felt like a kid was fighting, in what still has to be a kids movie, if that makes sense.

I just did not like how it was directed, it felt like the fight scenes from Spy Kids, which I feel MCU should be a lot gritter than. Now if you compare wanda vs america chavez fight to say Kitty Pryde vs Juggernaut in X-MEN 3, you will see a difference and I dont really say that much great things about X-Men 3, however I did feel kitty pryde was trying to fight like she knows she is not meant to be in a ''kids'' movie...if that make sense????

I am only using kitty pryde because that seems to be the only teen-child I can remember in a comic book movie who got some real action that was pg 13 as America Chavez
    Last edited by Castle; 05-15-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Just saw it today. Absolutely loved it. It was mad, freaky, creative (first time in years I've seen a film in 3D, and it was worth it) dramatically impactful (TBH I love everything Wanda is in, she may be my favourite MCU character) and to me at least more unpredictable about how it would play out than other Marvel films. These days I often get bored with action and CGI but Dr. Strange's style is an exception, I find it fascinating and it fully delivered in this sequel. Oh and I marked the hell out for Professor X. Best film of Phase 4 so far IMO.

I just did not like how it was directed, it felt like the fight scenes from Spy Kids, which I feel MCU should be a lot gritter than. Now if you compare wanda vs america chavez fight to say Kitty Pryde vs Juggernaut in X-MEN 3, you will see a difference and I dont really say that much great things about X-Men 3, however I did feel kitty pryde was trying to fight like she knows she is not meant to be in a ''kids'' movie...if that make sense????

I am only using kitty pryde because that seems to be the only teen-child I can remember in a comic book movie who got some real action that was pg 13 as America Chavez
    You mean the Kitty that was a student of a school specifically designed to teach her how to use her powers and fight? And an America that stated repeatedly she had no idea how to use her powers and had zero fight training?

Gee, I wonder why one fight felt more legitimate than the other....
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

Green Goblin vs Spiderman was gritty. Raimi even turned off the sound at some point so you could hear the brutal punches.

yes I saw the film one week ago, I don't deny the violence there, , what I am saying is that it was a bit cartoonish to really grip you in a way that other pg 13 films can grip you.

But then again I think this is just another reoccurring issue with marvel or let me say disney owning marvel, they dont really have much history in pushing the envelope, so maybe when they do, it feels like a big deal but when you look at it beyond what standard Disney can set or wants to push further, they still feel limited.

As I said, I think the violence would have been more effective if maybe the movie looked more grounded, the cartoonish look of the movie, does not make violence all that jarring. it tones it down.

Additionally I always wanted to say in my review but I kept on forgetting, I did not like the america chavez fighting style with Wanda. it felt like a kid was fighting, in what still has to be a kids movie, if that makes sense.

This doesn't make any sense.

I'm not sure why you even quoted me at all.

What you're posting doesn't even really have anything to do with what I said originally.