Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    To be fair, it could be that she only had 6 days with them compared to the years she had with her brother and Vision. And the dreams being a constant reminder of what she lost.

I lost a cousin I was close to years ago, but fell out of touch with as he fell into addiction. And I've had trouble getting past it, because of all the time we didn't have, what could have been and what I could have done.

It's not always the time we have together, it's the time we could have had that hurts the most
    It could be but it still doesn't make sense in comparison to her show where she was different about the same subject. So it's a little different for her. The whole quote from Vision about grief being love persisting was about the loss of Pietro. So for her to turn to not caring about him, Vision nor her parents when it was a major focus before is a ball dropped.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So DS1 ended with Mordo losing faith in the Ancient Once and we saw him on a quest to take out other sorcerers. We finally get the sequel to that film and the only Mordo we see is an alternate universe one....WTF?!? How the hell they just drop that plot? I think Stephen had a quick line expressing animosity towards his Mordo and I guess we are to assume Mordo came for him between films. Not enough people are talking about that
    Mordo said "too many sorcerers" at the end of DS1, which means that he needs to cull them. Not eliminate all of them.

But you raise a good point, there were a ton still around at Kamar-Taj in DS2. You would have think they'd have mentioned that their Mordo was killing them off and that they'd be therefore short-handed when Wanda came.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Mordo said "too many sorcerers" at the end of DS1, which means that he needs to cull them. Not eliminate all of them.

But you raise a good point, there were a ton still around at Kamar-Taj in DS2. You would have think they'd have mentioned that their Mordo was killing them off and that they'd be therefore short-handed when Wanda came.
    They're probably still deciding where to go with him, exactly.

But Mordo did attack a former member, who could have simply used modern technology to tell the others WTF happened to him.

For the most part, I liked it. It was definitely a Sam Raimi film, with the colorful opening battle with Shuma-Gorath looking like it could have taken place in his Tobey Maguire "Spider-Man" world to the elements of "Evil Dead" in the final act. (I was secretly hoping Strange would say "Klaatu, Barada, Nikto" when he reached for the Book of Vishanti.)

Even though they went full villain with Wanda (which I was hoping wouldn't happen) Olsen was great with the material and stole the show, imo.

Chavez was...OK. She was more of a MacGuffin than a character and I would kind of forget about her when she wasn't on screen.

The Illuminati scene was fun, one of the highlights of the film even if it was mostly just fan service. I was surprised they brought back the guy from the failed Inhumans TV series for Black Bolt.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    For the most part, I liked it. It was definitely a Sam Raimi film, with the colorful opening battle with Shuma-Gorath looking like it could have taken place in his Tobey Maguire "Spider-Man" world to the elements of "Evil Dead" in the final act. (I was secretly hoping Strange would say "Klaatu, Barada, Nikto" when he reached for the Book of Vishanti.)

Even though they went full villain with Wanda (which I was hoping wouldn't happen) Olsen was great with the material and stole the show, imo.

Chavez was...OK. She was more of a MacGuffin than a character and I would kind of forget about her when she wasn't on screen.

The Illuminati scene was fun, one of the highlights of the film even if it was mostly just fan service. I was surprised they brought back the guy from the failed Inhumans TV series for Black Bolt.
    I hope people finally give Inhumans love again with the stench of that horrible show gone.

So DS1 ended with Mordo losing faith in the Ancient Once and we saw him on a quest to take out other sorcerers. We finally get the sequel to that film and the only Mordo we see is an alternate universe one....WTF?!? How the hell they just drop that plot? I think Stephen had a quick line expressing animosity towards his Mordo and I guess we are to assume Mordo came for him between films. Not enough people are talking about that
    This is one of my biggest gripes with the sequel. It sucks we never see Earth 616 Mordo in this movie given he was set up as a one of the next foes for Dr. Strange at the end of the first movie. There isn't any real reference to where he is or what he has done since the first movie. Did he get dusted during Infinity War? Did he and Strange have a confrontation off screen? That's unlikely given Dr. Strange has been busy with the events of Infinity War, Endgame, and No Way Home. It's an abandoned plot point much like The Leader's tease in Hulk 2008 film.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    This is one of my biggest gripes with the sequel. It sucks we never see Earth 616 Mordo in this movie given he was set up as a one of the next foes for Dr. Strange at the end of the first movie. There isn't any real reference to where he is or what he has done since the first movie. Did he get dusted during Infinity War? Did he and Strange have a confrontation off screen? That's unlikely given Dr. Strange has been busy with the events of Infinity War, Endgame, and No Way Home. It's an abandoned plot point much like The Leader's tease in Hulk 2008 film.
    There sorta is though. When 838 Mordo turns on 616 Strange, he mentions that he should have expected it as he had his own issues with his Mordo. DS and Mordo were cool in the first film and Mordo doesnt go bad until the end credit scene. To me that implied that Mordo went after DS at some point between that film and now bc Stephen said his line with animosity when talking about their relationship

There sorta is though. When 838 Mordo turns on 616 Strange, he mentions that he should have expected it as he had his own issues with his Mordo. DS and Mordo were cool in the first film and Mordo doesnt go bad until the end credit scene. To me that implied that Mordo went after DS at some point between that film and now bc Stephen said his line with animosity when talking about their relationship
    That's true but I wish they would have given us a reference to is whereabouts in the 616 MCU. Did Strange defeat him and send him to another universe or is dead? Still many questions...

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    The rumor was that at the beginning of this movie we were going to see Mordo go after Wanda because of what she did in Westview and that she killed him.

Given that this early synopsis of the movie got most of what happened in the movie right, I guess this scene was cut at the last minute
    Maybe Raimi thought "You didn't mention her name was America did you" was a better heel reveal than a brief fight that essentially clowns "our" Mordo. That's how I took it. Plus it leaves "our" Mordo's fate in the air to be determined in another movie.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and have no major complaints.

The only complaint I can come up with is that the credit sequence scene undercuts the actual end of the movie a bit, not much, but a bit.

Strange animating his dead body and using the spirits of the damned as a weapon/cape was just pure 100% Raimi madness. I love it.

Extraordinary Member

Here is another interesting point view about doctor strange 2,wandavision,cameo talk,phase 4 talk etc...
    Must watch.

Check out comments inside as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtaJ0g3MaC8
    Last edited by mace11; 05-10-2022 at 06:34 PM.

Incredible Member

Just saw the movie. Felt more excited about what this movie meant for future MCU directions, than for the movie itself.

It was a very shaggy movie, that felt a bit stitched together. Individual scenes were enjoyable, but scenes felt disjointed from each other. A lot of the dialogue were characters just spouting exposition at each other. Sure, I love it when it is Patrick Stewart speaking, but anyone else, for the entire movie, is just too much. And it was very weird in that it both overexplained things (concepts) and also underexplained things (personal development).

America Chavez just needing a pep talk to win is a little ridiculous, and would make more sense in a sports movie like Hardball.

I think they trimmed a lot of necessary scenes from this movie, but it still seems oddly bloated at the same time.

All in all, enjoyed the experience, and am excited for what comes next in the MCU.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Felt more excited about what this movie meant for future MCU directions, than for the movie itself.
    This is basically my feeling, more or less.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Movie was a frustrating mess that I managed to like anyway but wanted to love. The tone was inconsistent and the Multiverse angle was REALLY underwhelming, especially the Illuminati. I think it was good but had potential to be better and lean harder into the horror and Multiverse angle. I wish Raimi built this film up from the ground himself.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and have no major complaints.

The only complaint I can come up with is that the credit sequence scene undercuts the actual end of the movie a bit, not much, but a bit.
    Ha, that was a little weird. Imagine if the film just left off with the third eye reveal. That would have been the most bonkers ending ever, the way it just abruptly cuts off. If the Pizza Poppa thing had been the only post-credits scene it's all people would be talking about.

The only thing that could have made that scene more perfect was if "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" played as Dr. Strange was walking down the street and just ended as the third eye manifested.

Strange animating his dead body and using the spirits of the damned as a weapon/cape was just pure 100% Raimi madness. I love it.
    The most badass moment in the MCU! So so glorious, it just doesn't get any better than that.