Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The alternate universe Illuminati dying like chumps is straight out of Hickman's New Avengers #13-14, which again emphasizes that Hickman's Secret Wars is probably part of Feige's gameplan.
    Given how many of Hickman's concepts they have lifted for the MCU, wouldn't be surprised if they used the Council of Reeds and Future Foundation story arc for the F4 movies, and then the Incursions/Secret Wars for the main Avengers movies.

The final battle in Secret Wars is already MCU franchise friendly - Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Star-Lord, Spider-man, Thor Jane, etc. Just add Doom and Reed, and its pretty much identical to the comic.

I could totally see another Illuminati failing and it leads to the council of Reeds.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Default My Thoughts On Dr Stange And The Multiverse of Madness.

Just saw the movie and I decided to post my thoughts.
    It is certainly a very intense movie with some very graphic moments every here and there. Fairly different from the usual MCU input (remember that the first movie had some violence in as well). We see the usual Raimi mannerisms that seem to blend in quite well in many parts of the movie. We also had the usual cameo echoing the original Spidey trilogy.
    I really liked the cameos that connected the MCU with past movies, especially the Professor X one which had a snippet by the X-Men The Animated Series main theme (probably heralding the upcoming revival at D Plus).
    I found America Chavez cute.

My main issues were the following…

It almost felt like a adaptation of the House of M with some elements from the Dissassembled arc. It lacked the necessary emotional impact. For instance, in the comics, just before the Wanda gone nuts thing, there were years of character development and interaction with the rest of the Marvel Universe so it can make the impact felt hard.
    In the MCU, Wanda only had interactions with Cap (and very little at that), Iron Man, Thor and Vision and all of them were absent for reasons. Vision’s absence was a major mistake, even the White version.
    Are we sure that is was a Dr Strange movie? I wonder because the movie presented him almost like a side character. He didn’t even played a major role in Wanda’s defeat.
    His character arc is almost absent… In the first movie, he was a rookie, in Thor 3 and the two Thanos movies he was a intimidating spell caster and in NWH and this one, he was stripped by his Sorcerer Supreme title. It all happened so fast.
    For a Multiverse of Madness , we saw very little of the rest of the Multiverse, only one or two others if I remember correctly. The acquisition of Fox is now completed and they could use more of their stuff.
    I had some issues with some of the performances. Why in almost every scene, almost every cast member had their mouths opened.

As for Wanda… Well… I will wait to see they have in store of her before I make a final assessment. But let’s just say, Thanos left a very lasting impact in the MCU.
    I really hope that the intent to redeem her the right way.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if this movie is what spurs Tommy and Billy to come to the 616-verse.

After all, Wanda possessed their mom to kill the leaders of all the superheroes. Maybe they feel the need to capture/arrest the Wanda who did it, to get their mother off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wonder if this movie is what spurs Tommy and Billy to come to the 616-verse.

After all, Wanda possessed their mom to kill the leaders of all the superheroes. Maybe they feel the need to capture/arrest the Wanda who did it, to get their mother off the hook.
    Considering what Wanda did to the Illuminati, why would the twins even think they could take her on? Nah, if and when we see Billy and Tommy in the main universe, it will likely be due to the incursions that was mentioned. Also why would their Wanda be arrested? The witnesses to that, aka the Illuminati are all dead. The only other person in that universe that would know how they died was Christine and she knows that Wanda was being controlled by some AU version.
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-14-2022 at 07:27 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Considering what Wanda did to the Illuminati, why would the twins even think they could take her on? Nah, if and when we see Billy and Tommy in the main universe, it will likely be due to the incursions that was mentioned. Also why would their Wanda be arrested? The witnesses to that, aka the Illuminati are all dead. The only other person in that universe that would know how they died was Christine and she knows that Wanda was being controlled by some AU version.
    Billy has magic of his own that might be equal, and Tommy has his speed. And it's not like people are rational with family.

As for alternate Wanda, she wasn't responsible for what happened, but she did effortlessly kill the greatest heroes of the world. Mordo survived, and Captain Marvel may have too. They might just lock her up on the fear that 616 Wanda might possess her again. Tommy and Billy come to 616 to arrest Wanda, and there ya go.

Incredible Member

Billy has magic of his own that might be equal, and Tommy has his speed. And it's not like people are rational with family.

As for alternate Wanda, she wasn't responsible for what happened, but she did effortlessly kill the greatest heroes of the world. Mordo survived, and Captain Marvel may have too. They might just lock her up on the fear that 616 Wanda might possess her again. Tommy and Billy come to 616 to arrest Wanda, and there ya go.
    You don’t arrest a being as powerful as The Scarlet Witch.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    You don’t arrest a being as powerful as The Scarlet Witch.
    Who knows what kind of tech that world has? They were able to keep Dr. Strange in a box, after all.

And Alternate Wanda might not object, or is willing to go along with it to preserve her family or misplaced guilt.

Billy's magic doesnt hold a candle to Wanda's. Besides we dont know if those versions of the kids have powers. They did nothing to save their mother when Wanda attacked her.

The reason that 616 Wanda might possess her is weak. She's clearly innocent and if they fear another possession might happen, then arrest is no good. They'd have to kill and cremate her body bc a witch so powerful that she can wreck havoc across the multiverse isnt going to be stopped by imprisonment

Who knows what kind of tech that world has? They were able to keep Dr. Strange in a box, after all.

And Alternate Wanda might not object, or is willing to go along with it to preserve her family or misplaced guilt.
    and leave her kids vulnerable to the crazy Wanda whom might come back for them? If anything 838 Wanda is gonna be more over protective of them and less willing to leave them to fend for themselves

Ultimate Member

Billy's magic doesnt hold a candle to Wanda's. Besides we dont know if those versions of the kids have powers. They did nothing to save their mother when Wanda attacked her.
    You're right, we don't know if they have powers. So Billy might have stronger powers

The reason that 616 Wanda might possess her is weak. She's clearly innocent and if they fear another possession might happen, then arrest is no good. They'd have to kill and cremate her body bc a witch so powerful that she can wreck havoc across the multiverse isnt going to be stopped by imprisonment
    This assumes the authorities know everything and/or are willing to go that far. Imprisoning her in a special cell designed to prevent possession might satisfy them.

and leave her kids vulnerable to the crazy Wanda whom might come back for them? If anything 838 Wanda is gonna be more over protective of them and less willing to leave them to fend for themselves
    Or she might agree to being imprisoned to allow her kids to live a normal life, or for fear of Wanda changing her mind and coming back. Who know?

I'm just throwing ideas out there, is all.

You're right, we don't know if they have powers. So Billy might have stronger powers

This assumes the authorities know everything and/or are willing to go that far. Imprisoning her in a special cell designed to prevent possession might satisfy them.

Or she might agree to being imprisoned to allow her kids to live a normal life, or for fear of Wanda changing her mind and coming back. Who know?

I'm just throwing ideas out there, is all.
    The kids saw 616 Wanda come to 838, so they and their mom know that she has the means to come back without needing to possess anyone. Sure 838 Wanda can go to special jail, but that still leaves them vulnerable to 616 whom again they know can come back without needing her. The imprisonment of the innocent Wanda makes even less sense with them having that knowledge

Ultimate Member

The kids saw 616 Wanda come to 838, so they and their mom know that she has the means to come back without needing to possess anyone. Sure 838 Wanda can go to special jail, but that still leaves them vulnerable to 616 whom again they know can come back without needing her. The imprisonment of the innocent Wanda makes even less sense with them having that knowledge
    Then they go to kill America, who can open a portal and bring her back. Or they go to kill 616 Wanda, to make sure she never hurts them again, etc.

Marvel is clearly developing the Young Avengers, and since the original Tommy and Billy are unlikely to come back, these kids are the next best thing

Looks like a big box office drop this week so far, which is unfortunate. Hopefully this won’t stop Raimi from doing more with the character… if Peyton Reed can get there Ant Man movies, surely Raimi can get another Strange movie with a better script!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Looks like a big box office drop this week so far, which is unfortunate. Hopefully this won’t stop Raimi from doing more with the character… if Peyton Reed can get there Ant Man movies, surely Raimi can get another Strange movie with a better script!
    Seems to be dropping like a common Batman Vs Superman. But since I assume it will still be profitable and one of the biggest movies this year, I hope Feige doesn't get any funny ideas about how they shouldn't live a little with the properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Seems to be dropping like a common Batman Vs Superman. But since I assume it will still be profitable and one of the biggest movies this year, I hope Feige doesn't get any funny ideas about how they shouldn't live a little with the properties.
    I’m hoping they notice that the aesthetic has been relatively well received, but just understand that the hype and marketing abd script were all not doing this movie any favours with the general audience