Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #3 Preview

Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #3 Preview
    Writer: Brian Azzarello
    Artist: Alex Maleev

Not the first Suicide Squad to end up in a shootout at a strip club.

Finally! It was about time that this one was released. I mean, when it's out.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I can't believe that after 7 months we're finally seeing this series end. I wonder if there were rewrites involved.

Many Black Label books get moved in their schedules, but not that much.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The wait has been painful as the series so far is great.

Black Label in general is usually really high quality.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

That was a weird as hell ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That was a weird as hell ending.
    First two issues were enjoyable but the final one sucked. Felt like Azz completely phoned it in, and the pseudo intellectual ending made me laugh my ass off. Joker telling Jason he sucks and should kill himself is supposed to maybe make Jason actually kill himself? Anyone who grew up playing multiplayer video games has got tougher skin than Jason if that’s actually how he’s supposed to go. I’ll take it as Jason killing Joker because the alternative is really stupid.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm going to assume there were massive rewrites since the solicit hinted at a last big betrayal and I don't think it reflects the published issue

The startling conclusion of this Black Label epic rockets to its surprising, yet inevitable, confrontation between The Joker and the Suicide Squad. With Red Hood wondering who he can trust as he’s forced to team up with Harley Quinn and other rogues against the Clown Prince of Crime, one last betrayal changes everything before the final page.

That was...something.

But really, trying to give Joker, Joker of all people, some sort of intellectual "I know better than you, and here's why" bull crap at the end... My head cannon is that Joker is no more. Jason and his team (what's left) go free, and Jason and Harley are given time to face their traumas and heal.

That ending was better than I could have hoped for.

Even Tom King had to say "Dang, that's Meta..."

As soon as Joker went "When you kill me, what's next?" Jason should have shot him dead and then replied. "I don't known. I guess I'll find out."

Joker should not have been able to pull any kind of mind games him him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    As soon as Joker went "When you kill me, what's next?" Jason should have shot him dead and then replied. "I don't known. I guess I'll find out."

Joker should not have been able to pull any kind of mind games him him.
    Have you read Doctor 13: Architecture And Morality?

I'm going to assume there were massive rewrites since the solicit hinted at a last big betrayal and I don't think it reflects the published issue
    I assumed the betrayal was both Waller and Larry (?) hanging Jason out to dry.
    Cheers - CL

The startling conclusion of this Black Label epic rockets to its surprising, yet inevitable, confrontation between The Joker and the Suicide Squad. With Red Hood wondering who he can trust as he’s forced to team up with Harley Quinn and other rogues against the Clown Prince of Crime, one last betrayal changes everything before the final page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    I assumed the betrayal was both Waller and Larry (?) hanging Jason out to dry.
    Well, yeah...

It was literally a situation where any deal he went into it with was out the window.