Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Team Moira!

Also, we need to know if Moira is still MJ in the new Spiderman book. haha. Jk. I assume 6 months later she’s back to normal.

Death is coming to our little island. We can either ignore or help to stop it.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I think that you mean current roots, the Avengers of the 70's and 80's had an pretty standard roster revolving between 12 characters.
    The original 1960s lineup was pretty random, too. I mean, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man and the Wasp (plus Captain America, minus Hulk a few issues later)? How does that lineup make sense?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The original 1960s lineup was pretty random, too. I mean, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man and the Wasp (plus Captain America, minus Hulk a few issues later)? How does that lineup make sense?
    The MCU has been pretty faithful to it, successfully so, I might add.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Made sense because they were the main heroes at the time.

Astonishing Member

Roughly speaking.
    They were allready established heros from books like Tales of Astonishment (Ant Man), Journey into Mystery (Thor) and Tales of Suspence (Iron Man). So someone saw Justice League and thought it would be fun to throw them together aswell. Likely banking on readers who liked those characters from their mentioned solo outings, potentialy jumping over. Plus the possibility that those who liked them all, feeling excited about those heros working together.

As for in universe sense.
    Rick Jones. That's pretty much the answer.
    A friend of Bruce Banner will have likely heared of Hank Pym and Tony Stark. So when Loki's newest plan of revenge against Thor, involved the Hulk, Rick got Pym and Stark involved. With Tony sending his "bodyguard" Iron Man over and Hank's super hero partner Janet also get involved.
    Hence leading to their first outing together, after which Hank felt they worked great together and should hang out more.
    I simplify of course. But that's pretty much the connecting tissue.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-07-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Roughly speaking.
    They were allready established heros from books like Tales of Astonishment (Ant Man), Journey into Mystery (Thor) and Tales of Suspence (Iron Man). So someone saw Justice League and thought it would be fun to throw them together aswell. Likely banking on readers who liked those characters from their mentioned solo outings, potentialy jumping over. Plus the possibility that those who liked them all, feeling excited about those heros working together.

As for in universe sense.
    Rick Jones. That's pretty much the answer.
    A friend of Bruce Banner will have likely heared of Hank Pym and Tony Stark. So when Loki's newest plan of revenge against Thor, involved the Hulk, Rick got Pym and Stark involved. With Tony sending his "bodyguard" Iron Man over and Hank's super hero partner Janet also get involved.
    Hence leading to their first outing together, after which Hank felt they worked great together and should hang out more.
    I simplify of course. But that's pretty much the connecting tissue.
    Rick actually tried to contact the the Fantastic Four, but Loki redirected his signal.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Yes but during the 70's and 80's the Avengers roster settled with Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Wasp, Yellow Jacket, Beast, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man, Black Panther and Quicksilver.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 05-08-2022 at 12:52 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Fantastic Member

The next lineup, Cap's Kooky Quartet, is even more bizarre: Cap, Wanda, Quicksilver and Hawkeye, three of whom were pretty much villains up to that point

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Earth has been portrayed as central to the multiverse. So those who originate from Earth are likely essential to keep multiversal balance. Should that balance be disturbed by those who are deemed essential to the multiverse, then there could be immediate ramifications. Also Death was on “life” support and those thousands could become trillions so deaths fate could have been decided based off of future population growth.
    Still kind of weird....more sense would be if the process is somehow flawed and does damage to the souls they keep bringing back(at some point Marvel should clear what differenc eisteddfod to death between mutants eternals and lot of returning/ immortal being on planet...I suppose is something more related to souls rather than biology...for Eternals we now know is a soul for a soul each rebirth, Asgardians and Olympians are pretty much living stories whose souls depend on beliefe. Hulks are tied to the green door and imply pretty much a sort of perverse bond of the soul to their flesh....Mutants...hmm...boh?) But as it is is very weird the reaction pf the Death itself....

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - I really can't read that narration and take it seriously that that's Moira McTaggert.
    Would you be able to think it's Moira if it had a heavy Scottish accent? .

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Why would Namor side with the Avengers against the Xmen?
    He felt like backstabbing the X-Men that day, but don't worry, he'll backstab the Avengers too in like, a week .

Is Scott's hand on Jeans butt in this...
    Slow clap... I'm proud of you slim
    Hah, compared to his right hand, his left hand is in a higher positioning, conveniently where Jean's ass is, so yeah, definitely grabbing her ass .

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I do wonder who Namor would side w/

He has respect for Steve and The FF, but he also was cool w/ Jean
    He'd side with himself first of all I guess lol.

The original lineup was made of random characters who didn't have their own comics (They all were part of an anthology comic), but yeah, in-universe it doesn't make too much sense lol.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Rick actually tried to contact the the Fantastic Four, but Loki redirected his signal.
    It was actually pretty funny Loki did that with the intent of making sure only Thor gets the message, but then Iron Man and Ant-Man and Wasp also heard it, and then F4 managed to find the message anyways, basically Loki failed really badly there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    The next lineup, Cap's Kooky Quartet, is even more bizarre: Cap, Wanda, Quicksilver and Hawkeye, three of whom were pretty much villains up to that point
    At the very least Wanda and Pietro weren't willingly part of the Brotherhood, and left once they felt the debt was paid, but yeah, trusting Wanda and Pietro to be on the team right away is funny, and makes it real silly that at least once when they were having so many doubts to have Spidey on the team back in ASM Annual#3 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Still kind of weird....more sense would be if the process is somehow flawed and does damage to the souls they keep bringing back(at some point Marvel should clear what differenc eisteddfod to death between mutants eternals and lot of returning/ immortal being on planet...I suppose is something more related to souls rather than biology...for Eternals we now know is a soul for a soul each rebirth, Asgardians and Olympians are pretty much living stories whose souls depend on beliefe. Hulks are tied to the green door and imply pretty much a sort of perverse bond of the soul to their flesh....Mutants...hmm...boh?) But as it is is very weird the reaction pf the Death itself....
    To think the "resurrection damages the soul" was only done in Scarlet Spider's comic of all places lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Wait a minute

Why is Logan in this and not Laura
    Smh lmfao

Edit: okay I see magneto too, so it's probably not just the team

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Would you be able to think it's Moira if it had a heavy Scottish accent? .
    Well, I do see the "lasses..."

Wait a minute

Why is Logan in this and not Laura
    Smh lmfao

Edit: okay I see magneto too, so it's probably not just the team
    It's FCBD so mainly advertising, so it's understandable why they would show THAT Wolverine.

I'm impressed : 1/4th of these are not white. That must be a record.

Why would Namor side with the Avengers against the Xmen?
    Namor puts his people first and his people aren't mutants. His people are Atlantians.

Also Cap is the oldest friend he has, even if he acts like he can't stand him half the time.