Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Do they ever show Felicia Hardy out of costume?

The 90s cartoon from Fox is what got me into the Black Cat character. I notice she's in costume most of the time in the books. Do they ever show her in her civilian form?
    In the comics, doe her personality go beyond "being flirty and act sexy in front of readers"? In the cartoon, she acted like a normal girl out of costume.

The 90s cartoon was different in that Felicia Hardy was a supporting character before she became the Black Cat.

In the comics, Spidey met her afterwards, and she wasn't really a major part of Peter Parker's life. We do sometimes see her in civilian clothes, as when she was dating Flash Thompson.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The 90s cartoon was different in that Felicia Hardy was a supporting character before she became the Black Cat.

In the comics, Spidey met her afterwards, and she wasn't really a major part of Peter Parker's life. We do sometimes see her in civilian clothes, as when she was dating Flash Thompson.
    I feel like the civilian side of Felicia in the 90s cartoon was a substitute of Gwen Stacy, cause she was nothing like Felicia.

But to answer the OP, I agree that she first debuted her normal civilian clothing when she started dating Flash Thompson. I don't really think she has a specific wardrobe other than her costume.

BANNED

That's not true. She became a major part of Peter's life after he revealed his identity to her. She eventually came to care for Peter very much and their friendship had a major influence in her life.

But, her friendship with Peter was erased due to the events of OMD and OMIT so she has no memory of Peter being in her life.

As a result her character hasn't interacted around Peter since then to even be out of costume because from her perspective they never even met each other and are not friends.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 08-31-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    That's not true. She became a major part of Peter's life after he revealed his identity to her. She eventually came to care for Peter very much and their friendship had a major influence in her life.

But, her friendship with Peter was erased due to the events of OMD and OMIT so she has no memory of Peter being in her life.

As a result her character hasn't interacted around Peter since then to even be out of costume because from her perspective they never even met each other and are not friends.
    I didn't realize she had no memory of dating him at all. I thought the spell just somehow erased his actual identity from her mind. I haven't followed all of her appearances though.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    I didn't realize she had no memory of dating him at all. I thought the spell just somehow erased his actual identity from her mind. I haven't followed all of her appearances though.

Felicia first met Peter when he revealed his identity to her.

Once OMD and OMIT erased Peter's identity from the world it erased Felicia's memory of ever meeting Peter in the first place because the first time they met was when he revealed his identity to her.

Black Cat prior to OMD and OMIT was a reformed thief due to her relationship with Peter, but after the events of OMD and OMIT she was shown to be a thief again.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 08-31-2014 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I feel like the civilian side of Felicia in the 90s cartoon was a substitute of Gwen Stacy, cause she was nothing like Felicia.
    This basically. They took the society girl persona of early Gwen and grafted it onto Felicia so that they could sort of have their cake and eat it(avoiding having to kill off Gwen).

I think we're talking past one another, arguing different things.

She didn't interact with Peter all that much.

They broke up shortly after he revealed his identity to her. I don't recall her having much interaction with her supporting cast when they were dating and she knew who he was. She generally preferred him as Spidey.

Her greatest impact on the supporting cast was when she tried to make MJ jealous/ dated Flash. She came to a more positive understanding with Peter by Invasion of the Spider Slayers, but she wasn't a consistent member of the supporting cast. She appeared about as often as some of the more exposed villains.

It is worth noting that she remembers dating Flash, and remembers MJ as Flash's friend.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

I think we're talking past one another, arguing different things.

She didn't interact with Peter all that much.

They broke up shortly after he revealed his identity to her. I don't recall her having much interaction with her supporting cast when they were dating and she knew who he was. She generally preferred him as Spidey.

Her greatest impact on the supporting cast was when she tried to make MJ jealous/ dated Flash. She came to a more positive understanding with Peter by Invasion of the Spider Slayers, but she wasn't a consistent member of the supporting cast. She appeared about as often as some of the more exposed villains.

Could I be getting her confused with an alternate reality Black Cat?

Did she have a closer relationship with Peter in another universe other than 616?

It is worth noting that she remembers dating Flash, and remembers MJ as Flash's friend.
    But, she doesn't have any memory of knowing Peter and that's his fault.

It's like after the events of OMD/OMIT Peter didn't care about being friends with her anymore. He had to know that she forgot who he was as a result of what happend in OMD/OMIT.

If he had restored her memories soon after and restored their friendship as a result she wouldn't be on the path that she is now.

I think they have but not very often.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    The spell only blocked her memories of Peter as Spider-Man. Once Spider-Man reveals his secret ID to her, those memories will be restored to her. I have a feeling that Felicia will see the man behind the mask and have her memories restored. But I feel that she'll be very angry at Peter for not revealing his secret identity to her a lot sooner. That way, Spock would not have pawned her so easily.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I think they have but not very often.
    That's because of the lack of interest by the writers to use Felicia out of costume in the same manner as Mary Jane(aka Jackpot)!!!

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Felicia first met Peter when he revealed his identity to her.

Once OMD and OMIT erased Peter's identity from the world it erased Felicia's memory of ever meeting Peter in the first place because the first time they met was when he revealed his identity to her.
    This is not correct. Black Cat first met Spider-Man in AMS 194 (1979). They started dating way after they first met. Peter revealed his secret ID to Felicia after they were dating and even then it was hard for Peter to do. The reveal occurred in Spectacular Spider-Man 87 (1983).

Felicia didn't like it at all. Her exact words after the unmasking was "y-your mask... please...put your mask back on!" Just to pile it on, after telling her his real name, Peter says to Felicia, "I love you!" Her response was "And I love you... Spider-Man!" (all of this is in Spectacular Spider-Man 87)

Black Cat was in love with Spider-Man, not Peter. She didn't realize she loved Peter until after Peter and MJ got married (and after she stopped dating the Foreigner.)

The only thing the psychic blind spot did was make her forget Peter's secret ID. She still remembered dating Spider-Man. She still knows who Peter Parker is because she dated one of his close friends, Flash Thompson. (ASM 329 1990). Hell, Felicia and Flash had dinner with MJ and Peter the next issue IIRC.

She knows who Peter is, OMD or not.

Edit; Here's the scans from ASM 330

Amazing Spiderman 330-09.jpg

Amazing Spiderman 330-10.jpg

So yeah, Felicia met Peter after the unmasking. She just doesn't know Peter is Spider-Man now.
    Last edited by emac1790; 09-02-2014 at 01:30 AM.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The spell only blocked her memories of Peter as Spider-Man. Once Spider-Man reveals his secret ID to her, those memories will be restored to her. I have a feeling that Felicia will see the man behind the mask and have her memories restored. But I feel that she'll be very angry at Peter for not revealing his secret identity to her a lot sooner. That way, Spock would not have pawned her so easily.

That's my view of it as well.

In my opinion once the mindwipe that happened in OMIT happened Peter should've revealed his identity to everyone that previously knew about it (except all the villains that knew of course) before the time that he exposed his identity to the world during the Civil War.

That would've included the Black Cat and it should've especially included the Black Cat because her friendship with Peter had a major influence in her life. She officially met Peter when he revealed his identity to her and the mindwipe erased all that so from her perspective she never met Peter she just met Spider-Man.

Knowing the man behind the mask would've definitely helped to clue her in that there was something up with Peter when SpOck attacked her. Of course if Peter had re-revealed his identity to Black Cat a lot sooner it's highly unlikely that Black Cat would've been committing a robbery in the first place preveting the SpOck encounter from happening to begin with.

Everything that involves the current direction of Black Cat's character since OMD/OMIT falls directly on Peter for not re-revealing his identity to her and restoring their friendship.

During Big Time, she was shown taking a bath in a bunch of milk. Does that count?